• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Phillip Lahm - Height 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)

Maybe Modric THFC can act as have a word with Bayern Munich and Germany to save their blushes as obviously they've been a bit stupid for playing Lahm where they have...

I know you've said in the premier league but that's a poor get out clause, dumb post which I'm presuming you won't return to explain as that's what the fairly dopey posters here tend to do, make ridiculous claims and go quiet when someone (or a few people) point out the complete lack of sense.

Great going forward offers decent support in the build up. But he's not a left back. Just because he's a dirty player doesnt make him a defender. He way too short to play in his position in the premier league.

Last season I would have said he wasn't a PL player.

He has improved massively this season, including his defending and cutting back on the unnecessary dirty/overly physical tackles.

He was probably our best player yesterday ..

He's been our best player in several games and is our player of the season so far by a country mile. Yet for some strange reason his thread is often on page 3 or 4. :-k

I says a lot when we advocate pushing our best defender forward due to deficiencies/inadequacies elsewhere.:(

Last season I would have said he wasn't a PL player.

He has improved massively this season, including his defending and cutting back on the unnecessary dirty/overly physical tackles.

He won player of the season at Sunderland the year before (where he was excellent) so he is clearly a top half prem player.

Last year he started really well and was clearly rushed back early due to the issues with Jan. He was also clearly overweight and unfit.

He is now showing us that he is a good left back and IMO he will go into to be far better than te likes of Gibbs due to his aggression and athleticism.

He's been our most consistent performer and unlike some of the other names on the team sheet he appears to actually give a ****! have a lot of time for Danny Rose these days credit to him

He won player of the season at Sunderland the year before (where he was excellent) so he is clearly a top half prem player.

Last year he started really well and was clearly rushed back early due to the issues with Jan. He was also clearly overweight and unfit.

He is now showing us that he is a good left back and IMO he will go into to be far better than te likes of Gibbs due to his aggression and athleticism.

Last year, he was terrible, and quite honestly if we had options he probably wouldn't be a Spurs player today.

But, well done to him, he turned it around, long may it continue.

He wasn't nearly as bad people made out. He started really well and then started to look decent at the back end of the season.

He was **** when he came back around new year but he was always such an easy spacegoat.

No world beater but I think he has a lot of potential.

He wasn't nearly as bad people made out. He started really well and then started to look decent at the back end of the season.

He was **** when he came back around new year but he was always such an easy spacegoat.

No world beater but I think he has a lot of potential.

When he came back new year he was playing for Sherwood with no cover from midfield (this is not a hate Sherwood comment)

Give him cover for the attacking forays and he is a decent left back and is still learning in his 3rd season there at this level. Give him no cover and he will get exposed for an attacking effort very easily

What's this about Rose needing treatment on the pitch and oxygen after the match?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/09/photo-tottenham-star-danny-rose-requires-oxygen-after-stoke-defe/

Got a knee to the chest/stomach in a duel when we were chasing the game, looked a really rough one. Think it was against N'Zonzi. Looked in real pain, not shocked to see him get oxygen after the game.

Really fair play to him for staying on and continuing, even refusing to go down and waste time getting treatment on the pitch. Hopefully it's true that he's alright.

Hope he is OK.
He may be an unnatural LB, and not bad at that. But he is a natural attacking LM. Which we don't really have. And yet we did sign a supposedly promising LB, so we have one of those -and BAE if he still has his boots..

He had a bad game today, but at least he didn't hide and kept going. If the others in the squad had a bit more of his attitude, we might be getting better results.

Got a knee to the chest/stomach in a duel when we were chasing the game, looked a really rough one. Think it was against N'Zonzi. Looked in real pain, not shocked to see him get oxygen after the game.

Really fair play to him for staying on and continuing, even refusing to go down and waste time getting treatment on the pitch. Hopefully it's true that he's alright.

Looked like a knee to ribs, I would suspect bruised/cracked ribs .. could be extremely painful.

pretty good game and showed no fear to walters who was roughhousing him a lot.

that goal was his fault for losing concentration before the ball was out of the danger area though.

He had a bad game today, but at least he didn't hide and kept going. If the others in the squad had a bit more of his attitude, we might be getting better results.

Agreed. He was not helped at all by having to cover the hapless duo beside him. Cannot fault his effort or determination this season.

Rose is the only player in the squad that looks and plays like he gives a **** (bar Lloris).

I would add Mason to that list. He was trying to do the job of two players yesterday - I lost count at the number of times he had to charge around the pitch to try to close somebody down while Capoue stood and watched from a position where he was much closer than Mason to the action.

Agreed. He was not helped at all by having to cover the hapless duo beside him. Cannot fault his effort or determination this season.
Also agreed. Today was his worst game of the season in terms of his performance, but (unlike others) he gave his all for the entire match and it clearly hurt him to be losing that game.

Something that worries me hugely currently about the entire shape of our team however is that when the full back forces the player to go inside (as they are taught to do) we look incredibly unsound defensively. Compare this to the lack of space we get from the opposition when our inverted wingers do the same.... I am assuming this is simply another example of the poor positional play from our charlatan holding midfielder?

Im not saying Capoue is covering himself in glory, but his criticism is getting ridiculous now - I constantly read people whinging about him not covering the right full back, left full back, centre backs, not being in CM enough? His positioning could do with some work for sure, but seems like he's expected to cover every defensive position on the field, its getting ridiculous....

Back