• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I can see where you are coming from and i hope 4/5 players will do it. Maybe if we can bring back Sess, Skipp and maybe Foyth ( and they hit the ground running) added to the 4/5 new players it could work. But for sure i think this summer is going to be a massive one for us.
It’s why their not taking the choice of manager lightly
No Europe means a smaller squad for once and genuine coaching time

The worst case scenario is that the many whinges like Dubai and Finny who must be frustrated by something in their lives actually make levy think fuk this for a laugh, and he actually does sell up to some American consortium who knows zip about football. They pump in 100m, then lose interest and use Spurs to fund an NFL side or themselves.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

To be fair, the bar is already pretty low on that count when it comes to Lewis and Levy.

I wouldn’t be so sure, I’m now up to 4 separate calls for corporate seats at Spurs after not being called at all last year. Demand is starting to dwindle, that is a little worrying with our huge debt I think.

Mate, I went to stadium two weeks ago to see the available hospitality seats, it was a very small number and I mean small (like 2 in one section, 4 in another)

Levy Out!!
This is the classic lets grab all the old tired/lazy narratives we can and through it together, fudge man Levy has faults but can we actually think about things before just screaming?

- Berbatov, Carrick, Modric, Bale are all 8-13 years ago, almost a fudging decade for the newest one
- Sheringham? fudging really, you want Levy to own that? 1997?
- and fudge Carrick, Modric, Berbatov, Bale and Harry, they have a large part to do with us not winning anything (they all had their chances)

Levy did not trust Harry in the end, and it's been done to fudging death that Poch didn't take players in those two transfer windows (not that he wasn't offered) and it's even more hilarious that Leicester and Tielemans is used as an example of what we should do (in this very thread), when he is one of the very players Poch turned down.

Bergwijn (£26M) and Sessegnon (£25M) were not cheap, both were highly thought prospects, and again for clarity Sessegnon and Clarke were bought for Poch not Jose.

Jose got PEH, Bale, Reguilon, Rodon, Doherty, Bergwijn, Hart, Vinicius, hardly "not backed" and yes a better CB would have helped but can we not pretend he was left begging.

Levy has had DoF's before, again he's pretty much the guy that brought the fudging concept to the PL, Arnesen & Comolli ring a bell?

Fill their coffers? fudge, fudge, fudge, other than Levy being well paid, ENIC/Levy do not "fill their coffers", they do not take money out of the club (United's ownership does), they re-invest back into the club, hence the infrastructure/training facilities/stadium/etc.

So let me scream for a minute

- Great you saw Spurs win the league title (wasn't my fudging lifetime), you want Levy own the failure for 60 years of not repeating? or just fudging maybe Spurs isn't as big a club as you think?
- A plan to win trophies? ok, what is it?

Because here's what's been tried

- Take Spurs from 5th/6th in revenue and somewhere around 19th in Europe, deal with two money doping clubs joining (so effectively pushing us down an additional two positions
- Build a modern training/academy facility to bring youth players through
- Spend ten years dealing with flimflam UK bureaucracy and government rooster blocking to buy land, plan and build one of the best stadiums in the world, been completely innovation (no one else in Europe has done)to add NFL and non football revenue to further close the gap to top teams
- Get the club to 3rd/4th in revenue and in top 10 clubs in world football
- Appoint one of the best managers in the history of the game and give him 7 players

Here's what I'm hearing

- Throw out ENIC/Levy (everyone entitled to), get new owner willing to spend ~£3B (candidates please? who is this person)
- Spend £150M-ish (completely ignore the fact that the other teams around us with better results are going to do exactly the same)
- Hire a magic DoF that suddenly will get a better hit/miss ratio than everyone else in world football (but for some reason no other big club has hired)
- Hire a great upcoming manager (that most people on this board won't agree with anyway) that will suddenly fix (magic dust again) the fact that our players (for decades) simply underachieve when it matters

Again the DoF thing is a case of not thinking it through

- Do a few DoFs do well? = yes, why don't you here about a great DoF at City/Madrid/PSG/etc?

The answer was seen at Spurs, FA given the task to rebuild with cheaper players could go buy 10-15 "cheap" players and if a third made it, that was success, your worst failure would be £10M-ish and your successes worth 2/3X that. When Comolli came in and had to buy more expensive, it gets harder. Everyone likes to point to Lille, Ajax, whoever is ignoring the fact that they buy players that aren't good enough for us anymore (we can't be a development club for players), when you step up to £30M/£40M the success rate is exposed and failures hurt.

And yes, someone is going to answer, I'm satisfied with where we are, underachievement, whatever

No, I'm not, but I am old enough to know two things
- The club is not going to disappear because of a bad season or player leaving
- We are not City/Chelsea/United or Pool (hilarious how often their model is used to compare in this thread, they are a much fudging bigger club than us).

Sent from my SM-J600G using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

To be fair, the bar is already pretty low on that count when it comes to Lewis and Levy.

Yeah - @SpurMeUp , that's supposed to be the worst case, mate?

Levy knows nothing, less than nothing, about football as it is. Lewis probably doesn't know we exist as more than a name in his property portfolio.

Getting clueless Americans in would probably be an improvement on those useless cheapskates, and we get 100m in the bargain - about seven times what ENIC have spent on us in twenty fudging years.

Where do I sign up?

Yeah. It’s almost worth the £30m. I’d happily take Potter. All the entitled fans could have a break and Spurs could rediscover itself.

Get it right with the right man and we could recover the £30m in the following season by being back in the CL...
it’s going to be another compressed season with a World Cup to follow too so players will be even more tired and jaded

Having spent 20 years working with not people in elite level football, I don’t think you would find someone who has more experience than Levy.

Not saying he’s perfect by any means and he doesn’t run the coaching side; but his level of understanding of the business side of football is far greater than fans appreciate.

Mate, again, realization is an awful thing

- For everyone who wants to protest, not pay their money, there is a line (of yes probably less passionate, less troublesome?) customers waiting
- I can tell, there is no unsold seats for next season ..(and we don't even know if we get to watch games)

PR might be a brick show now, but the club will be fine-ish

Next season will start, one of United/Scum/Pool will get in a rough patch, media will look away, all back to normal.
angrygoldenisabellinewheatear

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Last edited:
Having spent 20 years working with not people in elite level football, I don’t think you would find someone who has more experience than Levy.

Not saying he’s perfect by any means and he doesn’t run the coaching side; but his level of understanding of the business side of football is far greater than fans appreciate.

Judging by his managerial selections, his comments about said managers and our modus operandi in the transfer market I completely disagree. The business side can’t really be faulted. He could probably take over a company like BHS or John Lewis and revitalise them.

Judging by his managerial selections, his comments about said managers and our modus operandi in the transfer market I completely disagree. The business side can’t really be faulted. He could probably take over a company like BHS or John Lewis and revitalise them.

Which of his managerial appointments didn’t you like? Which ones were you critical of at the time? What did you and others see that levy missed?

You didn’t appreciate Modric, Bale, VDV, Eriksen, Hugo, Toby etc?

Reactions: DTA
When speaking about advancing the brand that is Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - Levy is a mastermind. I just wish he had the self-awareness to maybe recognize his limitations when it comes to the football side and pass that responsibility onto someone else who would handle all football operations.

Which of his managerial appointments didn’t you like? Which ones were you critical of at the time? What did you and others see that levy missed?

You didn’t appreciate Modric, Bale, VDV, Eriksen, Hugo, Toby etc?

The more important question is which ones ultimately didn’t work out:

Jose - failed. His style of play is outdated. Football works in cycles and teams copy each other but right now, teams who are successful play attacking football. Having said that I would have sacked after the league cup final as Jose to his credit knows how to win big games.

Mason - Not really Mason’s fault but sacking a manager who wins trophies in favour of a coach who has never coached anyone in his life was an incredible decision just days before a cup final.

Sherwood - Didn’t have a terrible record but everyone knew he wouldn’t be a long term appointment.

AVB - ok first season, fell apart when we sold Bale and we looked clueless without him.

Ramos - Thanks for the memories winning us a cup but crap record in the league. Played Ledley King in UEFA cup games which meant he couldn’t play league games due to his injury problems.

Hoddle - An appointment maybe to get the fans on side, club legends and all that.

Santini -

The ones he got right were Jol, Redknapp and Poch. Jol was thrusted into the job after Santini walked out so I don’t think you can say that one was planned.

Nothing wrong with the players we signed for the most part, would have been nice if we’d signed them earlier in the window though and not deadline day which gave the manager no time to work with them during pre season. Wanting the perfect price for deadwood players. Not accepting smaller fees for players just to get them off the wage bill so we can reinvest.

Jose - failed. His style of play is outdated. Football works in cycles and teams copy each other but right now, teams who are successful play attacking football. Having said that I would have sacked after the league cup final as Jose to his credit knows how to win big games.

Mason - Not really Mason’s fault but sacking a manager who wins trophies in favour of a coach who has never coached anyone in his life was an incredible decision just days before a cup final.

Sherwood - Didn’t have a terrible record but everyone knew he wouldn’t be a long term appointment.

AVB - ok first season, fell apart when we sold Bale and we looked clueless without him.

Ramos - Thanks for the memories winning us a cup but crap record in the league. Played Ledley King in UEFA cup games which meant he couldn’t play league games due to his injury problems.

Hoddle - An appointment maybe to get the fans on side, club legends and all that.

Santini -

The ones he got right were Jol, Redknapp and Poch. Jol was thrusted into the job after Santini walked out so I don’t think you can say that one was planned.

Nothing wrong with the players we signed for the most part, would have been nice if we’d signed them earlier in the window though and not deadline day which gave the manager no time to work with them during pre season. Wanting the perfect price for deadwood players. Not accepting smaller fees for players just to get them off the wage bill so we can reinvest.
Paragraphs of negativity, and one line on the successes. Sounds about right from you.
You can make a case for all Levy's appointments at the time, and they are always what Levy thinks is the best he can do for the club. Some worked out, some didn't, and he usually learns from his mistakes.
But, the general trajectory of the club is upwards, its just we're in a dip at the moment, a bit like when Ramos was sacked.

Paragraphs of negativity, and one line on the successes. Sounds about right from you.
You can make a case for all Levy's appointments at the time, and they are always what Levy thinks is the best he can do for the club. Some worked out, some didn't, and he usually learns from his mistakes.
But, the general trajectory of the club is upwards, its just we're in a dip at the moment, a bit like when Ramos was sacked.

Football is a results business. Always has, always will be. That’s the important thing rather than being able to make a case for someone being a good appointment I thought?

In the Top 100 FTSE companies, you know how many CEO/Chief Execs have been in their role as long as Levy? 3.

You know why? Because eventually, you need new leadership to progress and move forward. Obviously that won't happen with Levy being part owner, but pretty telling seeing as we're "a business".

Santini -

AVB and Jose were similar - ultra-defensive and relied on a world-class forward for goals. Not sustainable

Back