• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

dude if you punched someone in the face does that make you the same as a serial killer?

Had to laugh when I read that...shows the bizarre twist this thread has taken...I've seen some personal attacks on levy and Lewis but when comparisons are made with middle eastern royalty/dictators, you do have to smile!!

dude if you punched someone in the face does that make you the same as a serial killer?

Had to laugh when I read that...shows the bizarre twist this thread has taken...I've seen some personal attacks on levy and Lewis but when comparisons are made with middle eastern royalty/dictators, you do have to smile!!
It's all kind of irrelevant. You could be a patron saint or a devil, that's not going to change how effective a chairman you are or not.

It will take more than a cheeseroom, a few boxing matches or a nfl game or two to make us competitive. I get the romantics idea of doing things the right way etc but that can and will drive us into a mediocre club.

The reality is sugar daddy mode is proving to be a successful model no matter which way you dress it up.

Do any of you really believe that our current set up will get us competing?

Yes Levy is a great business man and rightly so should be applauded for his vision, but it's time for the next step to build on the foundations. It's great and all that we harp on about the club funding itself without taking any drawdowns etc, however why take a meagre 10mil when your ROI will land you a billion or three in the long run.

Levy is not here for anything else but a healthy wedge as seen with any of his previous business models ... his quotes have not been forgotten about how football for him is simply a great investment.

I only want levy to give a proper footballing budget that is competitive, and then let those he appoint to run football manage it independently.
That's a win-win and sustainable way to grow the THFC brand from the footballing angle. How much is competitive - that's going to be whats residual after we max out non football revenue and Levy and his hokeys take their share. The EPL should publish salaries and bonuses of everyone significant in football - including all the executives at the club. If levy is top paid Chairman - i am going to expect that we have the top paid cfo, cto etc. A shame but that's how business runs. But if whatever is left is "competitive" - allowing the team to continue to build and grow and flexibility to trade talents to increase coffers - I have no complaints

By the way what do you mean by competitive proper footballing budget? What in your mind is this value?

It will take more than a cheeseroom, a few boxing matches or a nfl game or two to make us competitive. I get the romantics idea of doing things the right way etc but that can and will drive us into a mediocre club.

The reality is sugar daddy mode is proving to be a successful model no matter which way you dress it up.

Do any of you really believe that our current set up will get us competing?

Yes Levy is a great business man and rightly so should be applauded for his vision, but it's time for the next step to build on the foundations. It's great and all that we harp on about the club funding itself without taking any drawdowns etc, however why take a meagre 10mil when your ROI will land you a billion or three in the long run.

Levy is not here for anything else but a healthy wedge as seen with any of his previous business models ... his quotes have not been forgotten about how football for him is simply a great investment.
Competing, yes
Winning, no
The game artificially skewed by money
It’s actually tactically bad because a mediocre club with very little quality in their set up can just buy their way to success
They don’t need an academy, or coaches, Or even fans… just bottomless pits of cash

I’m no fan of American sports but they understand competition and entertainment (their way).

I've emailed Black Rock investment fund .... 15 trillion portfolio.... have that you homophobic, murderous, inhumane owners!

I'm sure they will reply with "We are on it" ...

By the way what do you mean by competitive proper footballing budget? What in your mind is this value?
Enough to get annual squad refresh to improve the squad to become champions league regulars. Hard to give a number, could be selling a top player to reinvest and make us stronger with younger. No compromises, sell if we need to, and 3 names per position - starter, back up and youth.

Enough to get annual squad refresh to improve the squad to become champions league regulars. Hard to give a number, could be selling a top player to reinvest and make us stronger with younger. No compromises, sell if we need to, and 3 names per position - starter, back up and youth.

I agree, even with another club cheating, I still think it’s possible to compete in this league by spending smart rather than big.

I agree, even with another club cheating, I still think it’s possible to compete in this league by spending smart rather than big.
We rarely operate in the market intelligently. This season has been a return of sorts, but too often we aren't willing to take the risk and gamble on scouting quality early. Instead we've been very cautious and tried to wait for the sure thing and then missed out due to paralysis.

We rarely operate in the market intelligently. This season has been a return of sorts, but too often we aren't willing to take the risk and gamble on scouting quality early. Instead we've been very cautious and tried to wait for the sure thing and then missed out due to paralysis.

I think acting intelligently and taking risks are mutually exclusive, I don’t want us ever taking risks, let’s just nail it from the start.

Can you share more on Whabi please?

one thing I do know …. I worked for a very large security company with a presence in the whole of that region
We had an office in Saudi, and my boss went out there. He found it as expected until he was invited to a member beach club where everyone was getting drunk
Our biggest contract out there was keeping security on booze. The FD showed me the coutures and it was mental how much drink they had stocked up

Wahhabism is a movement within Sunni Islam that want and aim to return to a state of living more akin to that of the first 2 or 3 centuries of Islam. They reject any innovation within Islam (so no reformation) and see innovation in general as a bad. They are like the witch burning puritans of old.

they have been completely linked or rather tied, married, joined with the house of Saud for centuries.

Now if they just fûcking went to live a field like the
Armish, I wouldn’t give shît but Almost all if not all the so called ‘Muslim terrorist organisations’ are actually Wahhabi or Salifist terrorist organisations.

so no living in a field for these lot, they want to spread their ideology everywhere…. So yeah I’m not a big fan.

Wahhabism is a movement within Sunni Islam that want and aim to return to a state of living more akin to that of the first 2 or 3 centuries of Islam. They reject any innovation within Islam (so no reformation) and see innovation in general as a bad. They are like the witch burning puritans of old.

they have been completely linked or rather tied, married, joined with the house of Saud for centuries.

Now if they just fûcking went to live a field like the
Armish, I wouldn’t give shît but Almost all if not all the so called ‘Muslim terrorist organisations’ are actually Wahhabi or Salifist terrorist organisations.

so no living in a field for these lot, they want to spread their ideology everywhere…. So yeah I’m not a big fan.
Thanks
Always keen to learn more

Reactions: DTA
I think acting intelligently and taking risks are mutually exclusive, I don’t want us ever taking risks, let’s just nail it from the start.
It's about taking the educated gambles. That is what Modric, Bale, Son hell even VDV were.

If we only ever played it safe considering we don't pay the biggest transfers or wages we only ever end up with Soldados and Adebayours. That is definitely not the way to succeed.

I'm intrigued. When poch got us through the most amazing semifinal against ajax, when he balled his eyes out on the pitch, and we then reached the final, were you dreaming then? I know I was. Fairly sure the ownership of the club was the same as it is now that day....

Sure I was. I was incredibly emotional - I was actually at work, and I had a vital presentation on behalf of my sector for the second half, so I missed it. I left for the meeting at half-time with us 2-0 down, and my phone kept buzzing throughout the presentation, which I was actually a bit annoyed by - I didn't know what my mates were texting me about with such urgency. :p

It was only after the meeting, just after the end, that I opened my phone and discovered that we'd done the utterly impossible.

Everything seemed possible in that one, magical moment - I rushed out of work into the rain-filled streets, literally jumping for joy, much to the astonishment of my team who must have thought I'd gone utterly mad. :p I took the rest of the day off, dashed to a sports bar, got drunk with my mates and sang so loudly I was sure I wasn't giving another presentation for a long while after that.

I got home at some point that night, watched it all again, relived it all again, broke down and cried at Poch's interview...I don't think I can express how happy that moment made me, perhaps more than any other in all my years supporting this club. :)

But the thing is...that wasn't the start of something. It was the peak of what Poch could drag us to, against our nature, against our ownership model, against our parsimony and our owners' dereliction of duty. That final he got us to was superhuman, but having gotten there, watching Liverpool walk out having addressed all their gaps from the previous year with massive statement signings in Van Dijk and Alisson, while our lot lined up with Winks and Sissoko in midfield having not signed anyone for 18 months beforehand...I vaguely felt it then, but it was clear that it was an end, not a beginning. Liverpool's investment showed, and their backing for their manager showed. Our lack of backing for ours also showed.

And so it proved in the months and years ahead, as we fell away from that peak with drastic speed, ending up right back where we started under ENIC 20 years ago - in mid-table.

That CL final was a wonderful manager and man dragging us to where we dreamed we could be, before being brought low by Daniel Levy's dereliction of duty for 18 months beforehand - and truth be told, for the entirety of his tenure, when he constantly had to settle for useless second-choices, hand-me-downs and cast-offs while his rivals all bought the players he desperately wanted to bring to Spurs.

ENIC don't do dreams. All they care about is that we are at zero-cost to them - this is what Levy keeps skating around in his interviews, but it is the truth, and always will be. He's Joe Lewis' henchman, and is here to ensure Joe Lewis never has to spend a cent on the football club he owns.

You want us to go one further than we went in 2019. I do. We all do.

It starts by getting rid of ENIC, because the ceiling that stopped us then is one that has existed for all of ENIC's time here.

They literally called for the resignation of Levy and the whole Board. That sounds quite definitely “Levy outist”.

I disagree, mate. They called for the Board's resignation, but they didn't call for ENIC to give up ownership of the club. To me, it changes nothing to ask for the Board to go if Joe Lewis and Levy remain owners of this club, because the structural limitations will remain. If they'd called for our owners to sell us, I'd be delighted, but they don't go there - I think because they still want to keep the bridges they do have with the club. I don't blame them, but I do wish it were otherwise.

I disagree, mate. They called for the Board's resignation, but they didn't call for ENIC to give up ownership of the club. To me, it changes nothing to ask for the Board to go if Joe Lewis and Levy remain owners of this club, because the structural limitations will remain. If they'd called for our owners to sell us, I'd be delighted, but they don't go there - I think because they still want to keep the bridges they do have with the club. I don't blame them, but I do wish it were otherwise.
But them asking for the board to go was exactly where they lost their leverage
It was mental TBH and showed a real lack of understanding of where the trust is, in the pecking order for the club

Back