• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

So how many of you would be happy if a rich arab came in and took over the club pumping 100’s of millions into the team? Seeing the likes of Skipp, Tanganga, Scarlett etc shipped off to make way for superstars?

So how many of you would be happy if a rich arab came in and took over the club pumping 100’s of millions into the team? Seeing the likes of Skipp, Tanganga, Scarlett etc shipped off to make way for superstars?
I’m not anti Arabs
So it all depends on the individual
I’m stunned we haven’t had more prominent Asian owners so far and I’d have thought our profile would suit a savvy one

Reactions: DTA
The majority of the extremely rich are morally questionable. If you only want a patron saint as an owner it's very unlikely to happen. I don't particularly want a rich owner I prefer the idea of a fan or members owned club. It's not a model that really exists in the British game bit does exist and does work very well elsewhere.

Regarding the youth players, you speak as if having successful and youth players are mutually exclusive scenarios. If the players are good enough then they will get games and a place in the team no matter who owns the club. If they aren't good enough in that situation then they aren't good enough now.

Do you want a successful side or a development lab? If you want the latter then sure just play the guys who come through the youth system but if you want the former than let's be real the majority of the side is going to come from elsewhere.

So what do you want?

There's the morally questionable act of gaming the system to pay as little tax as possible and then there's outright criminality like murder/torture/terrorisim etc - I don't think accepting the first means you might as well accept the latter.

How far do you want to dig back ? We have been financed in part by HSBC ... their history is atrocious funding countless wars, supporting the opium trade, forcing it on the Chinese people and in modern history (not even that far back) hiding and moving money around for the cocaine cartels of South America... all related to uncountable amounts of deaths etc.

There's the morally questionable act of gaming the system to pay as little tax as possible and then there's outright criminality like murder/torture/terrorisim etc - I don't think accepting the first means you might as well accept the latter.

Top post.

I nearly always park illegally and get 2 or 3 tickets a year, the cost doesn't bother me and I would rather have the convenience of parking where I like. The are levels of law breaking.

Basic common sense isn’t it?! The usual suspects trying to twist things again though.

That's fine, you find some things more acceptable than others and that is your own moral compass. Not everyone will see it the same way. Then note what @Gazza detailed. How far back and what things are we willing to accept? It's obviously down to each individual to decide.

Personally I have an issue with any bank or corporation that has profited from the Atlantic Slave trade and exploitation of Africa. But that's me, I won't expect everyone to see it the same way.

Do not think he is that rich.

You know if I had had the start in life that the Royals had I would have made so much from investments.

To go from a North London council estate to a 800 grand house in Sussex and a couple of rental properties is good. The Royals though get given everything and don't seem to increase wildly their wealth. I do not like the idea of a royal family anyway but one of the worst things about them is they seem a bit thick.

I don’t disagree. Call me a cynic, but I’m fairly confident most of us would get on board if some rich businessman with similarly questionable ethics and human rights beliefs were to buy Spurs tomorrow. It’s akin to the narrative that is spun when those of us highlight our lack trophies in the ENIC era, the response is often along the lines of are trophies the only reason you started following spurs or some who say trophies don’t matter unless it’s the PL or CL. I bet they would change their mind very quickly if we won a few FA or league cups in the next 10 years.

That's fine, you find some things more acceptable than others and that is your own moral compass. Not everyone will see it the same way. Then note what @Gazza detailed. How far back and what things are we willing to accept? It's obviously down to each individual to decide.

Personally I have an issue with any bank or corporation that has profited from the Atlantic Slave trade and exploitation of Africa. But that's me, I won't expect everyone to see it the same way.

If you want to find something objectionable about a clubs owners you eventually will i suppose if you keep digging and it's your prerogative do so.

A complete false equivalence however to talk about banks that provide loan facilities or whatever it is with HSBC when we're discussing the likes of Saudia Arabia owning a club directly.

If you want to find something objectionable about a clubs owners you eventually will i suppose if you keep digging and it's your prerogative do so.

A complete false equivalence however to talk about banks that provide loan facilities when we're discussing the likes of Saudia Arabia owner a club directly.

I don't know that it is a case of false equivalence. If you find that banks historical actions morally objectionable why would you be happy to take money from them? For some the idea of an Arab ruling family owning a club is objectionable to others its not. To some bank finance is objectionable, again to some it's not.

There is a wide gamut of opinion and none are correct, instead they are shades of grey.

What you may find acceptable others may not and vice a versa.

It's a difficult issue for many of us who do not want our club to be owned by people with questionable practices, I would not be comfortable with some of the owners we see at clubs today being at Tottenham.

At the end of the day these people are just temporary custodians of the club, they have no love or history with the club or fans. I personally dont feel I'm responsible for all the appalling actions the rulers of this country have done in the past and would have to be pragmatic and welcome the success others have managed to buy.

Given the club’s Jewish ownership and roots, it’s unlikely we would sell to Arabs imho. A Russian billionaire like Abramovich is far more likely.

Seems as though our owners would’ve had no qualms making themselves a huge profit selling to a murderous regime….

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...nt-fund-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-sale-2019

@Bedfordspurs - this may be where the story of our owners having a crazy idea that the club is worth £3.5b comes from?

Seems as though our owners would’ve had no qualms making themselves a huge profit selling to a murderous regime….

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...nt-fund-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-sale-2019

@Bedfordspurs - this may be where the story of our owners having a crazy idea that the club is worth £3.5b comes from?
Seems an unlikely source to have any salient information on Spurs.

Tottenham allegedly

Patterson comes across in the interview as very defensive, bordering on salty, about the objection to Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s sale

Back