• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dane Scarlett

Still 18 so i would not want to see him rushed into the Prem so soon., Pressure can be a hard thing for kids and he has time on his hands so no real pressure to rush him.

Game time is the most important thing so you might be right.

Without looking in to it i would have thought that not many 18 year olds score regularly at that level so a good sign if he carries on the way he has started

Without looking in to it i would have thought that not many 18 year olds score regularly at that level so a good sign if he carries on the way he has started

Its early but a bit like Defoe when he went on loan to Bournemouth, he got about 20 goals there and went on from that experience.

Still 18 so i would not want to see him rushed into the Prem so soon., Pressure can be a hard thing for kids and he has time on his hands so no real pressure to rush him.

You're right. As long as he gets regular opportunity to display and hone his gifts then, in the immortal words of Cole Palmer, "Prem soon come"

Portsmouth Manager Danny Cowley on Dane Scarlett :

"He is a really talented boy and has got a fantastic work ethic. He [Scarlett] can be whatever he wants to be and there is no ceiling on what he can achieve. It is a privilege every morning to wake up and work with him."

"He is a really talented boy and has got a fantastic work ethic. He [Scarlett] can be whatever he wants to be and there is no ceiling on what he can achieve. It is a privilege every morning to wake up and work with him."

That's great to read he's so highly regarded and good to see he works hard. It's hard to know but I like to think players like Kane, Son, Dier and Davies set good examples to the youngsters at the club.

I guess training with Ndombele has really rubbed off on him.

Doesn't get nearly enough game time.

I've been to a few games this season hoping to see him play but whenever he does, they just lump the ball to him from the keeper.

Maybe we failed to carry out our due diligence before sending him out on loan, or maybe we should have called him back in January and sent him somewhere else.

Doesn't get nearly enough game time.

I've been to a few games this season hoping to see him play but whenever he does, they just lump the ball to him from the keeper.

No wonder he looked tinkled off in his celebration, looked like one that sends a statement, good on him.

Looks like he has grown abit and bulked which is always a plus, I imagine next year he will move up to a loan in the Championship which will also help

Maybe we failed to carry out our due diligence before sending him out on loan, or maybe we should have called him back in January and sent him somewhere else.
It was a decent move for him the way they were playing at the start of the season.

Their confidence was high and they kept the ball well. Got manhandled a lot by opposition thugs but he needs to learn to cope with that.

Since their form dipped they've resorted to a more agricultural style and he stopped seeing the ball. Then he stopped getting game time despite being clearly more talented than anyone else they have by a margin.

It was a decent move for him the way they were playing at the start of the season.

Their confidence was high and they kept the ball well. Got manhandled a lot by opposition thugs but he needs to learn to cope with that.

Since their form dipped they've resorted to a more agricultural style and he stopped seeing the ball. Then he stopped getting game time despite being clearly more talented than anyone else they have by a margin.

That is reflected in the celebration or lack thereof.

Back