• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dane Scarlett

He's 18 years old.

Yep. However we've come a long way since Rory Allen and Neale Fenn, or even Andros Townsend, Ryan Mason etc could get starts for us

Not sure how many starts Tanganga has made for us but its probably a little bit short of that 20 number (I saw that he had played 23 PL games incl sub appearances).

Hopefully Scarlett makes it. I'm sure he'll have a pro career...but sceptical whether much of that will be at Spurs or whether we'll be able to flog him for that much

Yep. However we've come a long way since Rory Allen and Neale Fenn, or even Andros Townsend, Ryan Mason etc could get starts for us

Not sure how many starts Tanganga has made for us but its probably a little bit short of that 20 number (I saw that he had played 23 PL games incl sub appearances).

Hopefully Scarlett makes it. I'm sure he'll have a pro career...but sceptical whether much of that will be at Spurs or whether we'll be able to flog him for that much

He scores almost a goal a game representing england youth teams. Similar for spurs youth teams. Conte and mourinho have massively praised him saying he has a great future. Yet you're writing him off at 18? Give the kid a chance. Not everyone can be wayne rooney and burst onto the scene at 17.

You said you were not convinced he will be a 20 game a season player for us. Also that you were sceptical he'd make it with us.

Agreed. Maybe its an interpretation of words - to me, 'writing someone off' means that there is zero chance they'll make it. Whereas I'm saying I doubt he'll make it i.e. not 0% chance, but more likely that not that he won't

It's a very high bar for players from our academy to have decent careers at Spurs now. A lot will have good pro careers elsewhere though. If even 1 of Scarlett, Parrott, Devine, John, Paskotsi etc make it at Spurs, that'll be a great outcome

Agreed. Maybe its an interpretation of words - to me, 'writing someone off' means that there is zero chance they'll make it. Whereas I'm saying I doubt he'll make it i.e. not 0% chance, but more likely that not that he won't

It's a very high bar for players from our academy to have decent careers at Spurs now. A lot will have good pro careers elsewhere though. If even 1 of Scarlett, Parrott, Devine, John, Paskotsi etc make it at Spurs, that'll be a great outcome

It's a high bar but at least wait and see how he develops. He might be great, he might not be.

He has the talent to be a very good player, his run between the two defenders was first class he nearly made a mess of the finish though. If he keeps working hard he could have a very bright future.

Good goal. Very promising start to his loan move. We seem to be getting our loan moves right the last couple of years.

Papa John's Trophy is one of the most prestigious awards you can win, right up there with the Audi Cup.

As for his penalty, even Kane missed one so hopefully he won't feel too bad about it. Just needs to put the work in.

Back