• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

What bollox, you've no idea whether our medical team are great or crap.

Didn't say they were great or they were crap, just that they broke players, which is true.

Our best central midfield of the last 40 years was arguably Dembele and Wanyama. Both of them broke down irreversibly after that one season at their peaks, with knee and hip injuries that got worse as seasons went on until they were utterly crippled.

Can't recall another team with that unique circumstance of having two top players break down at once with no long-term recovery - I wonder who in the medical team oversaw their treatments.

Paratici overhauling the physio team also implies they were crap, btw, but I'm not making that judgement just yet.

Didn't say they were great or they were crap, just that they broke players, which is true.

Our best central midfield of the last 40 years was arguably Dembele and Wanyama. Both of them broke down irreversibly after that one season at their peaks, with knee and hip injuries that got worse as seasons went on until they were utterly crippled.

Can't recall another team with that unique circumstance of having two top players break down at once with no long-term recovery - I wonder who in the medical team oversaw their treatments.

Paratici overhauling the physio team also implies they were crap, btw, but I'm not making that judgement just yet.
Dembele had injury issues before
And neither had played at the level they had to for us as their previous clubs were mediocre
The step up can be too mcuh for some

It isn't true, as I said it's bollox. Unless you have access to the players medical history and are qualified to make a judgement on the treatment they received you are talking crap.

Just because you don't know about injuries at other clubs doesn't mean they don't happen. You know what happens at Spurs and take it that we are a different case to other teams because you aren't as invested in other teams and keep up with their players injury history.

Conte addressed this a while ago, I think - he was explicitly asked if players like Romero are saving themselves for the WC, and his direct response was that Romero would want to play every game even if he had one leg, so it was the medical staff keeping him back, not him.

I tend to believe him, because Romero has played through injury multiple times before. His body's just increasingly fudged rn.

He is protecting the player, trust me (I know you won't :D)...

When I saw Dier nearly get his leg broken going into that disgusting foul in the second half, I said to those around me that I found it bizarre that a player who gives everything, including getting into challenges which could put him out of the World Cup, is so maligned whilst someone sitting with their feet up getting ready for Argentina is lauded.

When I saw Dier nearly get his leg broken going into that disgusting foul in the second half, I said to those around me that I found it bizarre that a player who gives everything, including getting into challenges which could put him out of the World Cup, is so maligned whilst someone sitting with their feet up getting ready for Argentina is lauded.
Lots of people only comment on the mistakes, as for them they are some of the only things they understand. They don't see the intelligent positional play, hear the communication, appreciate the hard work and commitment. Sure Dier isn't the best n the world in his position, but he's what we have.

Same with Ben Davies. Credit to him too. Didnt hold back yesterday, and bear in mind his country very rarely qualify, unlike Argentina.

Not sure this should be a play off between Dier and Romero here, seems abit player preference political from that respect. For the record I lauded Romero, Dier and Davies as the best back line in the league last year

If he has cried off because of the world Cup that's a subject on its own and whilst part of me questions his commitment the other half of me has seen dozens of players breakdown in the last fortnight and have their world Cup dreams die, yesterday there seemed to be a glut of them.

Not sure this should be a play off between Dier and Romero here, seems abit player preference political from that respect. For the record I lauded Romero, Dier and Davies as the best back line in the league last year

If he has cried off because of the world Cup that's a subject on its own and whilst part of me questions his commitment the other half of me has seen dozens of players breakdown in the last fortnight and have their world Cup dreams die, yesterday there seemed to be a glut of them.
It was outstanding last season
But it was 1 game a week
To play every 3 1/3rd days you need quantity and quality
When one go your quality is saving himself others have to step in and get more broken

Will be glad to see him back after the WC, no fan knows what he is suffering from or not but jumping on a player and accusing him of showing no interest in playing for us now is stupid. Very good player and we are better with him in the team.
I agree with some of it but I guarantee he will be fully committed to Argentina in a way we haven’t seen since last season
Has anyone seen lo celso recent post about the World Cup and his heartache because he can’t go… no mention of his loan club or his actual employer just his country
It’s the nature of bringing in players with no affiliation to the club. They may be better players but they are only here because it’s a job and pays better

I agree with some of it but I guarantee he will be fully committed to Argentina in a way we haven’t seen since last season
Has anyone seen lo celso recent post about the World Cup and his heartache because he can’t go… no mention of his loan club or his actual employer just his country
It’s the nature of bringing in players with no affiliation to the club. They may be better players but they are only here because it’s a job and pays better

Think that's unfair. Remember his last injury ally gold reported that spurs said he'd be out for 3-4 weeks. Romero said he'd be back in a week. Ally got flack for it on twitter. Turns out the club/ally were right and romero was just wishful thinking.

Why would be mention club football when it's not being played ... I get his injury record for us, but this is a little bit far to calling him out on it

Why would be mention club football when it's not being played ... I get his injury record for us, but this is a little bit far to calling him out on it
I am calling him out on it
The way the Argentina players have treated the season so far is a pre season for the World Cup IMO
Lo Celso wanted to delay his operation so he could play on the wc. That would stitch his club up but that’s his priority

Think that's unfair. Remember his last injury ally gold reported that spurs said he'd be out for 3-4 weeks. Romero said he'd be back in a week. Ally got flack for it on twitter. Turns out the club/ally were right and romero was just wishful thinking.
Nah
I don’t trust any reporting on injuries as it’s guess work. I’m guessing and I’m arguably as accurate. we will see if he starts in a weeks time

I am calling him out on it
The way the Argentina players have treated the season so far is a pre season for the World Cup IMO
Lo Celso wanted to delay his operation so he could play on the wc. That would stitch his club up but that’s his priority

I wish English players were not so naive... if he wanted to delay the operation he is only putting himself and his career in jeopardy.

I get you point i really do but if you think that the majority of players from any country REALLY care much about what and where they play then i can not agree. Its a JOB and it makes them a lot of money and to be honest all this kissing the shirt badge is just a put up to keep the fans on board. Of course their are players who love their club but i also know its a job they like and they get on with it,

I get you point i really do but if you think that the majority of players from any country REALLY care much about what and where they play then i can not agree. Its a JOB and it makes them a lot of money and to be honest all this kissing the shirt badge is just a put up to keep the fans on board. Of course their are players who love their club but i also know its a job they like and they get on with it,

You can't expect loyalty from players when fans are ready to turn on them at the drop of a hat.

Back