• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

I honestly would not care if we never signed another Argentinian. Don’t care how good they are, they all seem to love an injury and are nothing but trouble when it comes to club vs country….

The ones we sign seem to love getting injured. Do Argentinians in general have a poor record when it comes to fitness? Don’t want to make sweeping statements, but is it something to do with how they play? All action and all that? Messi never seems to have injury problems.

I honestly would not care if we never signed another Argentinian. Don’t care how good they are, they all seem to love an injury and are nothing but trouble when it comes to club vs country….

Romero has seemingly been playing through injuries, or at the very least pain. Been touch and go repeatedly and started quite a few games when probably a rest would have allowed him to recover better.

This is not a Romero problem, it's a squad problem. Just wish we had more like him.

Yes I get the feeling he’s done us a few ‘favours’ this season playing through injury and Conte is now repaying him, judging by the latter’s comments at the presser today.

Let Romero have those ten days. We will have him playing for us for years to come. He is a top level defender and yes, that injury may appear convenient in timing and length but it may also be coincidental.

If the finger is to be pointed in any direction then it should be pointed at FIFA. FIFA allowed the timing of this World Cup and really it should not be a shock that players are easing off or injured. A World Cup is a huge deal for footballers, a chance to represent their country on the biggest stage. An event that only comes around once every four years. Let Romero go there and help Argentina then he can come back and help us push forwards in all club competitions. He can be a real star.

Though what WILL frustrate is if he goes there, is one of the stand out players and then agitates for a transfer to a ‘bigger’ club but we will cross that bridge if it happens, and that is something that could happen regardless as we all know just how good a player he is. He only signed for us in the summer so I really hope he’s with us for a long time to come as he and maybe Lenglet are the only centre backs we have at a high enough level for us to take the club the next step forwards.

The ones we sign seem to love getting injured. Do Argentinians in general have a poor record when it comes to fitness? Don’t want to make sweeping statements, but is it something to do with how they play? All action and all that? Messi never seems to have injury problems.
Yesterday from PSG:
30 - Leo Messi will remain in treatment for an inflamed Achilles tendon as a precautionary measure. He will resume training next week

Let Romero have those ten days. We will have him playing for us for years to come. He is a top level defender and yes, that injury may appear convenient in timing and length but it may also be coincidental.
Yes, may indeed just be coincidence, players often take a while to get back to full throttle following a lay-off. But this season overall he seems to have noticeably less buckle to his swash. He has looked more casual, less committed and consequently more prone to error.

We can only hope that once the WC is out of the way he can return to the same level of commitment and form that helped us qualify for the CL last season.

He definitely needs to step up so he can reclaim his title of best defender in North London. Saliba has been better than Romero this season but I know Romero is better overall.

Not mentioned in the team news for some reason.

I hope he isn’t refusing to play ahead of the corrupt world cup.

I think he played through the pain for Conte and we have accepted he now needs/wants to rest any injury until the WC. Not sure we'll ever fully know but Conte would be shouting for the roof tops if he was refusing to play.
I think we just need to hope he comes back fit and ready to play afterwards and doesn't do any further damage!

I think he played through the pain for Conte and we have accepted he now needs/wants to rest any injury until the WC. Not sure we'll ever fully know but Conte would be shouting for the roof tops if he was refusing to play.
I think we just need to hope he comes back fit and ready to play afterwards and doesn't do any further damage!
No chance IMO
He is doing what every Argentina player is doing… saving himself for messis World Cup with injuries that can’t actually be proven
Hence why conte can’t kick or scream and it wouldn’t change anything anyway

No chance IMO
He is doing what every Argentina player is doing… saving himself for messis World Cup with injuries that can’t actually be proven

I could get him faking injury to miss the last couple of games before the world cup. But 7? He's not going to be fit.

No chance IMO

I don't think he would kick or scream anyway, he seems very pro his players being able to play in a World Cup and has made comments on how he hopes his players are able to.

I could get him faking injury to miss the last couple of games before the world cup. But 7? He's not going to be fit.
Hey it’s just my view
Argentina are manipulating anything they can as a football country
We saw them play players that aren’t allowed to play and have the local “police” invade tv pitch
We know they asked for players to be released early
We also know that right now a number of their key players are out with “knocks”
Honestly… it’s great for Argentina but not good for the clubs of course
They are targeting winning the World Cup and second won’t do for them with Messi finishing soon

I don't think he would kick or scream anyway, he seems very pro his players being able to play in a World Cup and has made comments on how he hopes his players are able to.
Fully agree
Clubs are just accepting the WC is coming and trying to deal with what falls out of it

Hey it’s just my view
Argentina are manipulating anything they can as a football country
We saw them play players that aren’t allowed to play and have the local “police” invade tv pitch
We know they asked for players to be released early
We also know that right now a number of their key players are out with “knocks”
Honestly… it’s great for Argentina but not good for the clubs of course
They are targeting winning the World Cup and second won’t do for them with Messi finishing soon

I get that (although the police coming on the pitch was in brazil). Just think you don't do it 7 games early.

Back