• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Told ya. Talk to Gutterboy about that; his insistence that you have to spend 15 minutes 2 metres from someone... strangely he never answered my query on that.

Yup, professor Noakes would seem to have far better grasp on aerosol transmission than what I’ve heard from government advice and I’m looking forward to watching her Royal Institution Christmas Lecture on BBC this week.

Yeah, after all those months of waiting 20 minutes for that solitary C line it’s a shock when red next appears next to the T within seconds!

I’ve finally unboxed the oximeter I purchased about a year ago and see my SpO2 is 96% with pulse around about 98, I’m 4 days in having finally got +ve PCR result back on Sunday lunchtime.

Have got portable HEPA filters blasting around the house to try and minimise risk of my family getting a dose.
That’s pretty much where I’m at
It is what is (as I keep on telling the wife)
I’m praying the rest of the family don’t get it though as you say

Well, everything playing out thankfully quietly here save this strange muted sense of smell. It is running about 65% i.e. coffee, after shave, soaps, are fine -cannot smell my own farts! Taste is fine. Everything else fine. By my RFD positive I am on day 8, by PCR positive, day 6.

Well, everything playing out thankfully quietly here save this strange muted sense of smell. It is running about 65% i.e. coffee, after shave, soaps, are fine -cannot smell my own farts! Taste is fine. Everything else fine. By my RFD positive I am on day 8, by PCR positive, day 6.
Same with my Mrs, no sense of taste or smell and it's been 8 days now.....I had that too but for not as long

Feeling lucky that taste is normal and that I have some smell but yeah, weeeeiirrdd!
I barely notice the smell thing because my taste is ok. The only thing is you miss danger warnings - needing a deodorant top up, toast is burning, car not running too healthy etc.

I know people who have got pretty depressed about medium term taste lost though - basically all joy in eating disappears

That was fairly in line with my experience re smell/taste, enough to affect my appetite though. Although I did have a dried up taste in my mouth/wind pipe that didn't help with the desire to eat.

Taking to someone we know over Christmas who works at a local NHS Trust managing the logistics of all the bed availability. Said they are pretty much at capacity at the moment but it’s not all Covid at all. But their issue is definitely resourcing - literally 100s of staff phoning in each day having to isolate.

Taking to someone we know over Christmas who works at a local NHS Trust managing the logistics of all the bed availability. Said they are pretty much at capacity at the moment but it’s not all Covid at all. But their issue is definitely resourcing - literally 100s of staff phoning in each day having to isolate.
Same as my wife’s team
He is Going to be a third down in staff Wednesday

Think it's important we don't go from one extrene to another. A lot of people are getting sick putting a lot of stress on the health service. It's not as bad as the media made out, but it's not nothing either. Omicron will cause a rise in hospilisations and deaths in the short term and will cause many nhs staff to go off sick.

All records from the last few days are underreported due to xmas. We wont see the real effects for another week.

I’m on Day 5 since first symptoms, 4 days since positive LFT, and coughed up phlegm following hot showers yesterday and today; was green yesterday and yellow today which I would normally assume indicative that my immune system is winning the battle.

My sense of smell seems fairly normal but craving strong coffee and mustard flavours.

That was fairly in line with my experience re smell/taste, enough to affect my appetite though. Although I did have a dried up taste in my mouth/wind pipe that didn't help with the desire to eat.

Really interesting...it is affecting everyone I know differently, even to the detail of degrees. Smell thing is odd when I think about it, otherwise it is not affected enough to throw me off my day. Still smell after shave, etc, and most things up close. Taste is good. I feel very lucky all told, there again, I got the vaxxes (as most of us did I know) and this is why.

Back