• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I’m on Day 5 since first symptoms, 4 days since positive LFT, and coughed up phlegm following hot showers yesterday and today; was green yesterday and yellow today which I would normally assume indicative that my immune system is winning the battle.

My sense of smell seems fairly normal but craving strong coffee and mustard flavours.

Sounds like it mate, good stuff. Occasional flobber here, light colour. Sinuses still irritated but not congested in classic sense. Feeling good and rested, just waiting out remaining days before getting back to gym and stuff. Current numbers 02 between 97-98%, resting sofa heart rate between 61-65, so all normal!

That’s pretty much where I’m at
It is what is (as I keep on telling the wife)
I’m praying the rest of the family don’t get it though as you say

I purchased an extra portable HEPA filter on Amazon Prime next day delivery as soon as my first LFT was positive, hopefully they will work as well in my home as they appear to be doing in hospitals; although it seems quite arbitrary who gets infected even within households, so might prove to be completely unnecessary.

Really interesting...it is affecting everyone I know differently, even to the detail of degrees. Smell thing is odd when I think about it, otherwise it is not affected enough to throw me off my day. Still smell after shave, etc, and most things up close. Taste is good. I feel very lucky all told, there again, I got the vaxxes (as most of us did I know) and this is why.
Obviously I just wanted to get well again BUT having my taste continuing to fully function was a nice little gift going into Xmas.

I purchased an extra portable HEPA filter on Amazon Prime next day delivery as soon as my first LFT was positive, hopefully they will work as well in my home as they appear to be doing in hospitals although it seems quite arbitrary who gets infected even within households so might prove to be completely unnecessary.

I’m already feeling slightly better
Have to assume it’s Omicron as I’d expect worse from Covid 1.0
I did have covid last Easter but the main effect was similar but no sense of smell which lasted about a month

I purchased an extra portable HEPA filter on Amazon Prime next day delivery as soon as my first LFT was positive, hopefully they will work as well in my home as they appear to be doing in hospitals; although it seems quite arbitrary who gets infected even within households, so might prove to be completely unnecessary.

2 minds with that report.

1/ don't think i believe it.
2/ kerching for the makers of the filtration device. Every pub, club restaurant gets one, sorted.

2/ kerching for the makers of the filtration device. Every pub, club restaurant gets one, sorted.

I see that Ireland, Canada, Germany and USA have started using portable HEPA filtration units in schools, so looks like they could become as much in demand as N95 / FFP2 masks were 18 months ago if more studies continue to show favourable results.

https://theconversation.com/we-shou...p-with-covid-bushfire-smoke-and-asthma-166332

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...oms-in-england-would-cost-half-of-royal-yacht

Last edited:

2022's Nightingale hospitals
2023's landfill

Just screw in some hinges in a let British people use windows in public buildings, like the rest of the world are allowed to

US health officials have halved the recommended isolation time for people with asymptomatic Covid-19 from 10 to five days, amid a surge in cases.

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said this must be followed by five days of wearing a mask around others.

It said most transmissions happen in the two days before and three days after symptoms develop.

The measure is expected to alleviate disruptions caused by staff shortages in many areas because of infections.

The sharp rise in cases has been fuelled by the Omicron variant of the virus, which is now the dominant strain in the US. Early studies suggest Omicron is milder but more contagious than other variants.

But the growing number of people becoming infected and having to isolate has put pressure on several industries, including air travel, with thousands of flights cancelled during the Christmas holiday.

The change, which the CDC said was "motivated by science", was announced as more than 200,000 daily infections were confirmed in the last two days in the country.

CDC director Dr Rochelle Walensky said the reviewed guidance "balances what we know about the spread of the virus and the protection provided by vaccination and booster doses".

"These updates ensure people can safely continue their daily lives," Dr Walensky said in a statement.

There was no recommendation for people to take rapid at-home tests before the end of their isolation periods, a measure recommended by many experts as it helps to show whether people continue to spread the virus.

Did it help?

Leeds University are due to report their preliminary findings next month plus my relatives in New York and Toronto said that there are studies ongoing over there too.

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/news-health/news/article/4953/can-air-cleaners-reduce-covid-19-in-schools

So there should be plenty of data in 2022 to pore over, although the fact that 18 months into this pandemic and many people still seem to believe they can only catch this airborne respiratory virus if they’re showered in spittle from less than 2 metres suggests that there won’t be a huge surge in demand for domestic air filtration whatever the findings.

So if 40% of NHS staff are currently isolating, does that mean the NHS will have achieved omicron herd immunity within about the next 2 weeks?

Back