• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

My son and his wife have both got it. Thankfully they have been vaccinated, but not boosted yet. They have a 6 month child though and are struggling. Been delivering food parcels to them (and beer), I suppose I should take a test as well. Also worried about my 100yr old aunt who tested positive yesterday. The care home is very good about testing visitors etc so heaven knows how it got in. Place is shut up now, she has lived through a lot, don't want this to finish her. Although this variant is spreading fast the symptoms seem to be milder so fingers crossed.

Personally I can't face another booster, just want this to end now.

My son and his wife have both got it. Thankfully they have been vaccinated, but not boosted yet. They have a 6 month child though and are struggling. Been delivering food parcels to them (and beer), I suppose I should take a test as well. Also worried about my 100yr old aunt who tested positive yesterday. The care home is very good about testing visitors etc so heaven knows how it got in. Place is shut up now, she has lived through a lot, don't want this to finish her. Although this variant is spreading fast the symptoms seem to be milder so fingers crossed.

All the best.

Tough mentally for you when you're on the outside.

Best wishes to all of them.

So Omicron is now confirmed as be far lower risk to life/serious illness.
But vaccination immunity wanes after 10 weeks.

Sounds like we could be in for a prolonged period of regular boosters to force covid to become as mild as flu so we live relatively vaccine free?

Sounds like we could be in for a prolonged period of regular boosters to force covid to become as mild as flu so we live relatively vaccine free?

Antibodies wane. Which may effect your chances of catching it, but not necessarily your chances of getting severe illness.

But with the amount of covid in the population everyones getting a booster regularly. Everytime you go in a pub somebody has been in there that day that had it. The virus will be floating in the air and you will breath it in. Your body will fight it off.

There needs to be proper data on memory cell immunity. (Understandably) they aren't even being put to the test yet, but antibodies are never meant to stay at high levels, that just not how immunity works

Wishing you and your loved ones all the best.

The first minute of this sums up a lot.
- you said omicron was the most serious threat the uk had faced during the pandemic.
- the time i said it there was a lot of uncertainty.
Then don't fudging say it.

Best wishes to all your family members but especially to your aunt, given her exceptional age. It is such a terrible time for so many people, but I hope all works out well for your kith and kin.

Hmm, bad news. Pretty disappointed.
My wife and son and I all took an LFT and they all came back negative, which means I can't just sit around enjoying myself tomorrow.

I have to drive to Swindon and make small talk with enormously boring in-laws. FML.

I felt sure one of us would have it. We even went to the Theatre yesterday to make sure.

Hmm, bad news. Pretty disappointed.
My wife and son and I all took an LFT and they all came back negative, which means I can't just sit around enjoying myself tomorrow.

I have to drive to Swindon and make small talk with enormously boring in-laws. FML.

I felt sure one of us would have it. We even went to the Theatre yesterday to make sure.

Never know, they might catch it.

Take another one tomorrow (add some orange juice).

Seems 1 in 20 londoners were infected we 19th. According to the ons.

Really hope it is genuinely milder, rather than milder due to vax or previous exposure. Otherwise some countries will be in for a real tough time.

Back