• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

SO what is the current trend then? over 100,000 cases but hospital admissions are level and deaths dropping from what I saw yesterday? Granted was a quick look at the stats so sure there is someone on here with better insights

Sounds about right, with the key risk area being London.

The noise coming from "downing Street sauces" Is the London picture will drive any restrictions.

we also need to split 'mild' Coronavirus from 'Mild' cold. People talk interchangably as if they are the same thing, they're not. A mild coronavirus infection still ruins you for at best, a few days, at worse, a lot longer. Friend of mine still positive 9 days on and still nowhere near 100%.

Uk talking about a 4th jab already? Bit of a joke.
Everyone will have been exposed by now especially with omicron. Everytime you go in a pub/bus/place of worship you'll be getting a little booster.

fair to call out if it's rubbish but the bloke sounds like a bit of an anti vaxxer/covid "aint bad" kinda guy

We know the unvaccinated are still being disproportionately effected. Even with so many being infected.
Does beg the question are we protecting the nhs or the unvaccinated now?

We know the unvaccinated are still being disproportionately effected. Even with so many being infected.
Does beg the question are we protecting the nhs or the unvaccinated now?

someone raised a good point on this very issue, specifically about vaccinating children. We know children for the majority are not getting serious symptoms and not a large prevalence of long covid (though some evidence they can get it).

Therefore in choosing to vaccinate your children, are you doing it for their benefit, or those tacos who have yet to come forward for a single dose? Does seem it's for the latter.

someone raised a good point on this very issue, specifically about vaccinating children. We know children for the majority are not getting serious symptoms and not a large prevalence of long covid (though some evidence they can get it).

Therefore in choosing to vaccinate your children, are you doing it for their benefit, or those tacos who have yet to come forward for a single dose? Does seem it's for the latter.

I've been against vaccinating u18's. It seems to be chasing some mythical herd immunity strategy rather than for their benefit.
Although if we can reduce the risks from vaccination by asperating or other means, then i'd be fine with it.
Tbh i don't fully know the risk benefit analysis. Certain children may very well need vaccination.

The ons released figures for 1 week in september or october (sorry caxn't remember) where 1 in 10 children in the country were infected. Obviously we didn't have a tsunami of severely ill children. They would have also gained immunity.

The only reason vaccinating them makes sense to me is like flu they bring it home so then the whole family catch it. That’s how we caught covid.

Back