• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Give it a couple of weeks.

Scottish cases have increased five-fold in the fortnight since their schools went back. Its hard to imagine England won’t follow suit.

There's been an explotion in cases in Norway since schools opened. Currently almost twice as many cases a day nationwide as the previous peak in March, and rising steeply. Fewer people dying and admitted to hospital is a positive, but I have started to brace myself for another lockdown of sorts in a month or two.

There's been an explotion in cases in Norway since schools opened. Currently almost twice as many cases a day nationwide as the previous peak in March, and rising steeply. Fewer people dying and admitted to hospital is a positive, but I have started to brace myself for another lockdown of sorts in a month or two.

I doubt we'll lockdown again. What's the point? Everyone is going to get it. Vaccinated or not. Unless there is a massive surge in hospitalisations that means hospitals are overwhelmed, otherwise we just have to ride it. Lockdowns only slow the spread. Pushing it further down the road. The efficacy of vaccines wanes over time, so you want to have it or be exposed now. It will give you a much more robust immunity. The vaccines only recognise the proteins in the spike.

We really have to change the mentality. We are not trying to stop or slow the spread of the virus anymore. At least in the uk.

I doubt we'll lockdown again. What's the point? Everyone is going to get it. Vaccinated or not. Unless there is a massive surge in hospitalisations that means hospitals are overwhelmed, otherwise we just have to ride it. Lockdowns only slow the spread. Pushing it further down the road. The efficacy of vaccines wanes over time, so you want to have it or be exposed now. It will give you a much more robust immunity. The vaccines only recognise the proteins in the spike.

We really have to change the mentality. We are not trying to stop or slow the spread of the virus anymore. At least in the uk.

As you say, depends on the hospitalisation rate. Intensive care beds are relatively scarce over here, despite what we've been through the past year and a half, so there's a real fear that capacity is too small to handle a major outbreak. Hopefully the effects off mass vaccinations will prevent enough serious illness for the health care system to be able to handle the load.

Simple answer.

Kill the kids.

Give it a couple of weeks.

Scottish cases have increased five-fold in the fortnight since their schools went back. Its hard to imagine England won’t follow suit.

Well what do you expect? it was bound to happen, its now time to carry on and live with the virus, i very much doubt anyone will listen if another lockdown is suggested in the winter.

Well what do you expect? it was bound to happen, its now time to carry on and live with the virus, i very much doubt anyone will listen if another lockdown is suggested in the winter.

I suppose getting vaccinated is not an option for these tossers?

Organised protesters. Whatever the protest is. Blm, extinction, brexit...

tossers funded to cause disruption.

Completely different groups of people motivated by different things. And no-one needs to fund protesters, it’s just not a thing. Maybe there’s a money trail for coaches, but assuming that all fudgewits in rucks with the police are “rent a mob” or “crisis actors” is conspiraloonery to rank with antivax nonsense.

Completely different groups of people motivated by different things. And no-one needs to fund protesters, it’s just not a thing. Maybe there’s a money trail for coaches, but assuming that all fudgewits in rucks with the police are “rent a mob” or “crisis actors” is conspiraloonery to rank with antivax nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...-protests-kill-bill-police-station-mayor/amp/

"I don't know what the proportions are, but I do suspect that a number were serial demo-attenders who are looking for any opportunity to engage in physical confrontation with representations of what they see as the establishment."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ters-payment-london-climate-change-latest/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...-protests-kill-bill-police-station-mayor/amp/

"I don't know what the proportions are, but I do suspect that a number were serial demo-attenders who are looking for any opportunity to engage in physical confrontation with representations of what they see as the establishment."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ters-payment-london-climate-change-latest/amp

Re: the first article. That’s an incredibly tiny cross-section of tossers to make a claim for whole movements like you are.

Re: the Express (lol) article. Did you even read it all the way through?

That's not a funded set of disruptors, that's just an underclass.

Re: the first article. That’s an incredibly tiny cross-section of tossers to make a claim for whole movements like you are.

Re: the Express (lol) article. Did you even read it all the way through?

I never claimed whole movements. I'm saying that some people that will jump on protests just to cause trouble.

Can anyone tell me the last time a protest on the streets made any difference to anything- particularly a protest that saw antagonism to the police?

What is the point of these things.

I remember the poll tax riots but that policy also attracted a widespread silent rebellion that could not be beaten.

Can anyone tell me the last time a protest on the streets made any difference to anything- particularly a protest that saw antagonism to the police?

I remember the poll tax riots but that policy also attracted a widespread silent rebellion that could not be beaten.
I don't think an end result is ever considered. It's just uncivilised people trying to affect change without wishing to follow the methods of civilised society.

Those able to make real change dedicate a chunk of their education and most of their lives to politics and serving the public. They want to make change through spending a sunny day stopping traffic and smashing people's property.

France 1789, Berlin 1989, Kiev 2004. It works sometimes and it’s worth trying when you have the numbers. Well, we had those on the Brexit marches but it was a bit too middle class for storming Bastilles.

Back