• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So are you proposing a lockdown now or more restrictions?

The lack of simple restrictions - such as masks on public transport - is going to lead to the need for harsher measures over winter, in my opinion.

The messaging, which suggests that ‘covid is over’, is also unhelpful.

The lack of simple restrictions - such as masks on public transport - is going to lead to the need for harsher measures over winter, in my opinion.

COVID is over. fudge it.

Seems herd immunity is unachievable. We're now only going to be testing people getting sick with covid in hospital. It is basically now going to be treated the same as flu. Everyone will get it, vaccinated or not.
Welcome to the new normal.

shops and offices too, its such a simple thing, there are exemptions for those who need it, the rest of us should be wearing masks

shops and offices too, its such a simple thing, there are exemptions for those who need it, the rest of us should be wearing masks

Why? We want to be exposed to it now. That is your booster and increases your immunity. Watch the vid i posted above. We are all going to get it. So you want exposure now while immunity is strong from vaccination or before it mutates again.

We will give boosters to the vulnerable over winter. But for everyone else it's better to be exposed.

Seems herd immunity is unachievable. We're now only going to be testing people getting sick with covid in hospital. It is basically now going to be treated the same as flu. Everyone will get it, vaccinated or not.
Welcome to the new normal.
Herd immunity is always achievable, especially if 'everyone' is going to get it.

It then depends on the variants and the antigenic drift' of the virus. Flu there are four strains and they're changing all the time, hence having to 'live' with it.

Maybe 'the herd' can tread down on this virus to a greater degree. If we are going to decide to stop hiding from it, (as implied) that carries risk BUT may also carry a benefit as the number of infected increases rapidly(ie the herd)and fresh hosts decline . The virus then has to be clever enough to mutate enough to either increase severity of symptoms (enough to cause concern) or avoid existing immunity (natural or vaccine) altogether, basically putting us back to square one.

It's just as likely to not be smart enough, and we end up so many steps ahead that it fades out. Sars 1 etc.

Herd immunity is always achievable, especially if 'everyone' is going to get it.

It then depends on the variants and the antigenic drift' of the virus. Flu there are four strains and they're changing all the time, hence having to 'live' with it.

Maybe 'the herd' can tread down on this virus to a greater degree. If we are going to decide to stop hiding from it, (as implied) that carries risk BUT may also carry a benefit as the number of infected increases rapidly(ie the herd)and fresh hosts decline . The virus then has to be clever enough to mutate enough to either increase severity of symptoms (enough to cause concern) or avoid existing immunity (natural or vaccine) altogether, basically putting us back to square one.

It's just as likely to not be smart enough, and we end up so many steps ahead that it fades out. Sars 1 etc.

Did you not watch the video?

We are getting a scientific consesus now that herd immunity will not be achievable. Due to breakthrough infections and waning immunity. In the uk almost 100% of people have antibodies now. The virus is just plodding along no problem.

I wouldn't refuse to, but nobody's insisting on it, so why would I voluntarily go through all that effort?

I know people say “it’s only a mask”, but I would say my daily journey is at least 10 times more pleasant since not wearing one. Fresh air in the face etc.

If someone is that worried just get an n95 mask for themselves. it doesn’t need other people to be involved.

I know people say “it’s only a mask”, but I would say my daily journey is at least 10 times more pleasant since not wearing one. Fresh air in the face etc.

If someone is that worried just get an n95 mask for themselves. it doesn’t need other people to be involved.

wonder what fresh air you get on the Central Line.

Back