• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I know people say “it’s only a mask”, but I would say my daily journey is at least 10 times more pleasant since not wearing one. Fresh air in the face etc.

If someone is that worried just get an n95 mask for themselves. it doesn’t need other people to be involved.
You know masks are primarily for the protection of others, right?

Did you not watch the video?

We are getting a scientific consesus now that herd immunity will not be achievable. Due to breakthrough infections and waning immunity. In the uk almost 100% of people have antibodies now. The virus is just plodding along no problem.

I’ve got a growing feeling it’s going to be a very hard Autumn and Winter. Our case and mortality rates are much worse than most of our European neighbours; and our vaccination rates now trail lots of them too.

The NHS will take a battering, I fear.

I’ve got a growing feeling it’s going to be a very hard Autumn and Winter. Our case and mortality rates are much worse than most of our European neighbours; and our vaccination rates now trail lots of them too.

The NHS will take a battering, I fear.

It's why we released restrictions. We wanted any peak before winter.

Remember we are also testing 3 times as much as other european countries.

Also if you look at the official statistics. The amount of people dying with covid as a contributing factor (on the death certificate). It's about half the number of those dying within 28 days of a positive test (dying with, not from). So the death numbers are inflated.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

It's why we released restrictions. We wanted any peak before winter.

Remember we are also testing 3 times as much as other european countries.

Also if you look at the official statistics. The amount of people dying with covid as a contributing factor (on the death certificate). It's about half the number of those dying within 28 days of a positive test (dying with, not from). So the death numbers are inflated.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Hmmm.

Our deaths are certainly much higher (16 in Germany today, for example) and our vaccination rates are lower. Not a great combination.

No one knows what Winter will bring is the truth.

Hmmm.

Our deaths are certainly much higher (16 in Germany today, for example) and our vaccination rates are lower. Not a great combination.

No one knows what Winter will bring is the truth.

Germany release their numbers throughout the day. Their final number will be higher. But they are lower.
France and spain had higher number of deaths yesterday than us. Although todays ours are higher.

Yeah - although we have been averaging around 100 deaths a day for a while now. More than most European countries, I think.

We average around 300 deaths a day from flu in flu season. Over a hundred people a day die in road accidents. This is now the new normal. People are going to catch covid and some will die.

You know masks are primarily for the protection of others, right?

I know that’s the narrative, but if an individual is sufficiently concerned they can buy a mask that will protect themselves. Or take a taxi, walk, drive etc. They don’t need everyone else to protect them.

The idea that society as a whole should wear masks to protect the small % actually at risk is illogical when compared to how society approaches other risks.

We average around 300 deaths a day from flu in flu season. Over a hundred people a day die in road accidents. This is now the new normal. People are going to catch covid and some will die.

A hundred people per day die in road accidents in the UK? Really? You may well be right, but that sounds like a huge amount. I'd be keen to see the link.

I take your point on flu deaths (although the 300 per day figure probably refers to a very bad year, and exists for a fairly short time-span). I suppose the worry is that we are already recording on average over 100 deaths per day (178 today, to add to yesterday's 200+); it's not yet flu season; and the schools are just about to go back.

To return to my original point, the UK - and particualry the NHS - is most probably in for a very bumpy Autumn and Winter.

A hundred people per day die in road accidents in the UK? Really? You may well be right, but that sounds like a huge amount. I'd be keen to see the link.

I take your point on flu deaths (although the 300 per day figure probably refers to a very bad year, and exists for a fairly short time-span). I suppose the worry is that we are already recording on average over 100 deaths per day (178 today, to add to yesterday's 200+); it's not yet flu season; and the schools are just about to go back.

To return to my original point, the UK - and particualry the NHS - is most probably in for a very bumpy Autumn and Winter.

My bad was serious injuries i had the number for deaths were a lot lower.

We probably will be in for a bumpy winter. But that's why we removed restrictions when we did, so any peak sould be before flu andcold season where the nhs would be less able to cope. We'll see if that works.

Think we should do what the scandanavians do this winter. Add vitamin d to milk and bread. Boosts the immune system as there's less vit d generated from sunlight. Would help with other illnesses too.

9th day in a row that English ‘cases’ were lower than the same day the week before

Give it a couple of weeks.

Scottish cases have increased five-fold in the fortnight since their schools went back. Its hard to imagine England won’t follow suit.

Back