• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Not sure what the consensus is on waning antibody levels but this study published last month found that 98.8% of people infected last year in Vo’ tested positive for antibodies 9 months later.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/226713/covid-19-antibodies-persist-least-nine-months/

Researchers from the University of Padua and Imperial College London tested more than 85 percent of the 3,000 residents of Vo’, Italy, in February/March 2020 for infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and tested them again in May and November 2020 for antibodies against the virus.

The team found that 98.8 percent of people infected in February/March showed detectable levels of antibodies in November, and there was no difference between people who had suffered symptoms of COVID-19 and those that had been symptom-free.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-24622-7
That's interesting.

I've pretty much ignored the antibody side of things since the press et al started using waning antibodies to panic the half-witted into thinking reinfection was a cause for concern.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/en...r-virus-levels-regardless-vaccine-2021-08-06/

PHE early reports are that the viral load and transmissibility of the delta variant is similar in vaccinated and unvaccinated people. The vaccine is making no difference in this area with this variant

In terms of spread yes, but in terms of effects on population and hospitalisation then it still makes a massive difference.

Also for anyone interested Prof Ferguson just on this week's FT Politics podcast. Some great info but most already known.

Regarding booster shots it'll mainly be for those in desperate need or immune compromised. Influenza is a very different virus to Coronavirus and therefore Ferguson said annual boosters probably not necessary, maybe every 2-3 years.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/en...r-virus-levels-regardless-vaccine-2021-08-06/

PHE early reports are that the viral load and transmissibility of the delta variant is similar in vaccinated and unvaccinated people. The vaccine is making no difference in this area with this variant
Interesting. How do they measure transmissibility?

Is it how easy it is to catch or does it include the behaviour of the host (coughing, sneezing, etc?)

If it is only the former, that suggests that coughing and sneezing has no effect in increasing the spread. In which case, that brings the advice over masks into question (for that strain).

Interesting. How do they measure transmissibility?

Is it how easy it is to catch or does it include the behaviour of the host (coughing, sneezing, etc?)

If it is only the former, that suggests that coughing and sneezing has no effect in increasing the spread. In which case, that brings the advice over masks into question (for that strain).
I'm not sure?

Perhaps they're saying that if the viral load of an infected person is the same regardless of vaccine status then all other things (ie actions) being equal then transmissibility is the same?

ie they've got just as much virus to spew out (for want of a better word) whichever way they choose.

I'm not sure?

Perhaps they're saying that if the viral load of an infected person is the same regardless of vaccine status then all other things (ie actions) being equal then transmissibility is the same?

ie they've got just as much virus to spew out (for want of a better word) whichever way they choose.
That's what I'd imagine. I believe (although this is something I've believed long enough to have long forgotten the source) that one of the reasons viruses such as colds and 'flu are so successful is their ability to cause the host to spread via coughs and sneezes.

Reactions: DTA
That's what I'd imagine. I believe (although this is something I've believed long enough to have long forgotten the source) that one of the reasons viruses such as colds and 'flu are so successful is their ability to cause the host to spread via coughs and sneezes.

Their aim is continuous hunt for fresh hosts, so could be? Also...

I suppose as a first line of defence or a natural bodily reflex is to expel any invader and a cough or a sneeze is a kind of 'get the fudge as far away from me as possible' :D....of course other people get caught in the cross fire.

When we going to see this massive uptick in cases and large amounts of people seriously ill in hospital with COVID for people living their lives again then ?
Quite simply, we're not are we

upload_2021-8-10_16-51-57.png

When we going to see this massive uptick in cases and large amounts of people seriously ill in hospital with COVID for people living their lives again then ?
Quite simply, we're not are we

View attachment 12477

Let’s hope not.

Neil Ferguson has been pretty much spot on with his figures through this pandemic and he reckons that more lockdowns are unlikely, and that we’re through the worst, barring a serious mutation.

That sounds promising to me.

Reactions: DTA
Let’s hope not.

Neil Ferguson has been pretty much spot on with his figures through this pandemic and he reckons that more lockdowns are unlikely, and that we’re through the worst, barring a serious mutation.

That sounds promising to me.
Didnt he say 100k a day minimum when we went through freedom day ??

Back