• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Family friend returned from SA Saturday morning, had to give their details of where they will staying is all, but obviously i don't think they'll be under 24 hours surveillance by any stretch.

What if they pop to Tesco's for a loaf of bread? THIS IS WHY WE fudging NEED QUARENTINE HOTELS ASAP YOU fudging IDIOTS
Also have a friend return and they said they get a daily call and have to pass to their partner, I guess to prove they are at least in the same place and then listen to a long record message for a few minutes. Would that process enable mobile surveillance to confirm their approximate location? I’m sure I saw it innHunted once!

really what a fudging brick show. we finally get vaccinations running and as we continually allow people to flow in without quarentine procedures we're now seeing community transmission of the SA variant which affects the efficacy of our vax programme.

what a fudging brick show. As someone said a while back, a country intent on "controlling our borders" seems unable or unwilling to do so, during a fudging global pandemic.

Now we have mass testing running for the SA variant, sorry fellas, the fudging horse has bolted if we are already seeing community transmission. Yet again, we've lost control.

Sorry if it's not inkeeping with the theme of the thread but i need to post on a personal level.

My poor old nan who's never spent a day in hospital in her 91 years is about to pass away from covid having contracted it in the fudging care home she was put in to recover from a broken hip. No ones been able to visit her in 3 weeks - what a way to finish up.

Sorry to hear this

The care home infection control and end of life care has been a disgrace and people should face trial for it.

It’s obviously sad, but what the hell were his family doing flying a 100 year old man to Barbados in the midst of a global pandemic?

really what a fudging brick show. we finally get vaccinations running and as we continually allow people to flow in without quarentine procedures we're now seeing community transmission of the SA variant which affects the efficacy of our vax programme.

what a fudging brick show. As someone said a while back, a country intent on "controlling our borders" seems unable or unwilling to do so, during a fudging global pandemic.

Now we have mass testing running for the SA variant, sorry fellas, the fudging horse has bolted if we are already seeing community transmission. Yet again, we've lost control.

I said that if there was a way to fudge it up they’d find it.

It’s obviously sad, but what the hell were his family doing flying a 100 year old man to Barbados in the midst of a global pandemic?
Apparently it was on his bucket list of things to do before he checks out. I’d guess at 100 years old, he probably thought it was a good time to go. all things considered.

Important point for the let it run through folk.
Will be interesting to see how many variants are actually running wild in USA once they finally get their genetic sequencing up to speed; as I read that at least 5% of positive samples should be analysed to keep a track of new variants but USA currently only managing 0.3% whilst even we’re managing 6% here in UK.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/29/genetic-sequencing-mutations-coronavirus/

The United States is doing so little of the genetic sequencing needed to detect new variants of the coronavirus — like the ones first identified in Great Britain and South Africa — that such mutations are probably proliferating quickly, undetected, experts said.

The U.S. effort is so underdeveloped that it’s impossible to say exactly how many virus cases are sequenced daily. On Jan. 5, a CDC official told The Washington Post that the United States was averaging roughly 3,000 sequenced coronavirus genomes a week. This week, CDC officials said the country is now averaging roughly 7,000 a week.

The United States has sequenced 84,177 samples out of 25.7 million cases as of Friday, according to a Washington Post analysis. By comparison, the United Kingdom, in ninth place, has sequenced 214,000 genomes — almost 6 percent — of the country’s 3.7 million cases.

Unlike the United States, the U.K. invested in genetic sequencing early on in the pandemic, launching its genomics consortium in March with a $27 million investment and a multimillion-dollar boost late last year.

I didn’t think there was much difference with the effectiveness of the vaccine between the different variants?

Back