• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

FTFY.

I actually have a Guardian subscription as I like some of their columnists but their coronavirus coverage has been so unrelentingly bleak (with their journalists taking the glass is half empty perspective on every single piece of hopeful news just so they can write a headline to bash bungling Boris with) that I have pretty much avoided their health section of late; unless it’s a piece written by an actual expert like professor Sridhar, Dr Rasmussen or prof Spiegelhalter who are more interested in the science than politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/devi-sridhar

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/angela-rasmussen

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/david-spiegelhalter

So there’s not still 1,000 people+ dying each day? I thought those were the government’s figures.

(The article I quoted earlier was actually from The Telegraph.)

Last edited:
It's really not. Depends on one's outlook on life, I suppose.

Well, on a day-to-day basis perhaps. I’m too busy with work to be down - and I don’t tend to get that way anyway.

It will be quite some time before life gets back to anything near normal though - that’s becoming increasingly clear if even the government’s main cheerleader (The Telegraph) is reporting it. The thought of not being able to go on a foreign holiday, to a football match, or even to a pub for months yet does feel pretty bleak.

It will be quite some time before life gets back to anything near normal though - that’s becoming increasingly clear if even the government’s main cheerleader (The Telegraph) is reporting it. The thought of not being able to go on a foreign holiday, to a football match, or even to a pub for months yet does feel pretty bleak.

Agreed I honestly thought this summer would be one of little or no restrictions, not looking that way currently

So there’s not still 1,000 people+ dying each day? I thought those were the government’s figures.

(The article I quoted earlier was actually from The Telegraph.)
I don’t have a Torygraph sub but see that article isn’t behind a paywall... interesting...

Being a Tottenham fan is depressing enough nowadays without searching for more sorrow to wallow in (lest I become a complete pessimist about everything like StephenH) so I prefer to fill my glass with the good news and hope that (despite bungling Boris) the incredible doctors will ensure we’re enjoying some kind of normality by the end of this year...

Well, on a day-to-day basis perhaps. I’m too busy with work to be down - and I don’t tend to get that way anyway.

The depends on where one wants to go and how the return is managed.

Sensible countries will allow visitors with proof of vaccine. Both vaccines and/or proof will be available once there's value in it.

My son is in the kind of class size he should have been all along, and getting a huge educational advantage over his peers.

Theatres being shut is an annoyance, but some restaurants are if you know where to go. If you don't, Marcus Wareing will have his food delivered to you at home.

The only real problem is that the govt won't man up and open everything.

Last edited:
Sorry if it's not inkeeping with the theme of the thread but i need to post on a personal level.

My poor old nan who's never spent a day in hospital in her 91 years is about to pass away from covid having contracted it in the fudging care home she was put in to recover from a broken hip. No ones been able to visit her in 3 weeks - what a way to finish up.

Sorry if it's not inkeeping with the theme of the thread but i need to post on a personal level.

My poor old nan who's never spent a day in hospital in her 91 years is about to pass away from covid having contracted it in the fudging care home she was put in to recover from a broken hip. No ones been able to visit her in 3 weeks - what a way to finish up.
Really sad to read that Billy, people deserve better and a far more dignified exit

Sorry to hear that, I lost a family member in very similar circumstances.

That’s awful , sorry to hear that .

Absolutely tragic. So sorry to hear that Bill.

Sorry to hear that Billy.

This is really sad, sorry to hear this mate.

I’m really sorry, buddy.

So sorry to hear this bro.

I'm sorry.

Sorry to hear that Bill. The human cost is terrible.

Back