• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Sorry if it's not inkeeping with the theme of the thread but i need to post on a personal level.

My poor old nan who's never spent a day in hospital in her 91 years is about to pass away from covid having contracted it in the fudging care home she was put in to recover from a broken hip. No ones been able to visit her in 3 weeks - what a way to finish up.

So sorry to hear that. It must be incredibly distressing to have a loved one in that situation. Wishing you and your family all the best (ghod that sounds trite given the subject matter).

Sorry if it's not inkeeping with the theme of the thread but i need to post on a personal level.

My poor old nan who's never spent a day in hospital in her 91 years is about to pass away from covid having contracted it in the fudging care home she was put in to recover from a broken hip. No ones been able to visit her in 3 weeks - what a way to finish up.

Sad to hear that, that's no way to go for anyone.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Bill. Must be terribly difficult for the family not have been able to be with her.

Just awful. So sorry mate. And no-one can visit her even if they were to wear full PPE for a visit? (wishful thinking on my part no doubt)...

You can't fault the Govt's strategy for securing vaccines

The UK has ordered an extra 40 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine from the French pharmaceutical company Valneva, that should become available later in the year and into 2022.

The government says it will give flexibility should people need revaccinating next winter or beyond.

The UK has secured 407 million doses of different coronavirus vaccines - more than enough for the entire population.

Valneva's jab is still being tested in trials.

Although those will take time to satisfy regulators before it can be rolled out, manufacturing at a site in West Lothian, Scotland, has already begun.

The site is already supporting 100 new highly-skilled local jobs for scientists and technicians.

_116751607_vaccines_01_feb_21-nc-2.png

The jab is expected to be given as two doses and contains a dead version of coronavirus that cannot cause disease, but should teach the body's immune system how to fight it.

The government said it signed a deal to almost double its initial order for 60 million doses.

Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng said: "This latest deal is yet another weapon in our national arsenal against this terrible disease, and will ensure we have sufficient supplies to protect the British public in 2021 and beyond.

"Backed with major investment from the UK government, Valneva's site in Scotland will be a vaccine production powerhouse, working flat out to ensure we can quickly deploy jabs across the UK if their candidate is approved, while supporting top quality, local jobs."

Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi said any surplus vaccine could be distributed globally.

"If approved, Valneva's vaccine will not only help tackle Covid-19 here in the UK, but aid our mission to ensure there is a fair supply of vaccines across the globe.

"No-one is safe until the whole world is safe."

SA variant: Urgent tests after community cases found

Urgent testing for the South Africa variant of coronavirus is to start in parts of England, after cases were found with no known links to travel or previous cases.

Two cases were found in Surrey, and testing will also take place in London, Kent, Hertfordshire and Walsall.

Previous cases in the UK were traced back to South Africa.

Cases caused by the variant were identified as part of Public Health England's random checks on tests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55889391

SA variant: Urgent tests after community cases found

Urgent testing for the South Africa variant of coronavirus is to start in parts of England, after cases were found with no known links to travel or previous cases.

Two cases were found in Surrey, and testing will also take place in London, Kent, Hertfordshire and Walsall.

Previous cases in the UK were traced back to South Africa.

Cases caused by the variant were identified as part of Public Health England's random checks on tests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55889391

Family friend returned from SA Saturday morning, had to give their details of where they will staying is all, but obviously i don't think they'll be under 24 hours surveillance by any stretch.

What if they pop to Tesco's for a loaf of bread? THIS IS WHY WE fudging NEED QUARENTINE HOTELS ASAP YOU fudging IDIOTS

Family friend returned from SA Saturday morning, had to give their details of where they will staying is all, but obviously i don't think they'll be under 24 hours surveillance by any stretch.

What if they pop to Tesco's for a loaf of bread? THIS IS WHY WE fudging NEED QUARENTINE HOTELS ASAP YOU fudging IDIOTS
Or masks.

Yep totally agree, it is the mutations that will make this thing become a yearly thing.

I came back just under a year ago and breezed through passport control. I can sort of forgive them then, though I was coming in from China. But now 12 months in, jeeeeezzz.

Hopefully UK hospitalisation and fatality rates will start to plummet too once the vaccines start to get to work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55706855

Israel's vaccination programme is showing signs of working to drive down infections and illness in the over-60s.

The fall appears to be most pronounced in older people and areas furthest ahead in their immunisation efforts.

This suggests it is the vaccine, and not just the country's current lockdown, taking effect.

Hopefully UK hospitalisation and fatality rates will start to plummet too once the vaccines start to get to work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55706855

Israel's vaccination programme is showing signs of working to drive down infections and illness in the over-60s.

The fall appears to be most pronounced in older people and areas furthest ahead in their immunisation efforts.

This suggests it is the vaccine, and not just the country's current lockdown, taking effect.

This is such a big deal.

Back