• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

If there are now potential supply issues, will there be enough to give the second dose at the right time? If not, are we left with millions of people who are not able to be vaccinated within the 12 week window (less than 500,000 people so far have had two doses) and therefore not quite sure whether they have decent levels of immunity or not?

It still seems a real gamble.
Whatever is the reason its not being communicated to us currently
Just be fudging honest for once

The government have been absolutely appalling and anyone who says otherwise and you will notice I have criticised them. But how about we give other people criticism when they deserve it, otherwise you end up becoming bipartisan and prejudiced. We need to criticise wherever the is wrong doing.
I said to my mate that the EU are doing themselves no favours by their posturing. Plays right into the brexiteer playbook. You shouldn't bully your way to more vaccine because in reality the whole world is in it together. On the face of it the EU joint purchasing scheme seemed to be a noble idea to ensure equitable distribution among member states. It's just they've been too slow and beaten by the market.

Sadly vaccination has become a dingdong wangling exercise between countries, while the virus circulates unchecked in poorer countries before we reimport the variants through travel.

Coronavirus is smarter than humans. It exploits weaknesses in our nature.

Boris not going to meetings this time last year about the virus coming out of China.

Not following what the South Koreans were doing.

Not banning fans from going to Cheltenham and large social gatherings.

Not making face coverings in enclosed spaces mandatory.

I dont completely blame them for being slow in locking down as scientists were saying different things.

I blame them for allowing travel to Spain etc in the summer, no matter how much pressure the Spanish government were applying to allow tourism to help their economy. They should have thought about the health of British people first.

I blame them for not enforcing quarantines for people flying into the country.

How about

Handing out contracts to friends and party donors with little or no experience or expertise in what they were doing, so wasting millions of taxpayer money.

Failing to implement a proper test, trace and isolate system despite spending £22 billion on it. That's a staggering amount of money.

Flip flopping between libertarian and restrictions and in the end doing neither properly.
It was nothing to do with conflicting science but more to do with ideology and Boris's inability to make difficult decisions.

Dominic flaming Cummings traveling from one end of the country to the other when he and his family were infected with the virus.

Not vaccinating teachers because the risk of transmitting to them is small while closing schools until March - due to the risk of transmission?

Last edited:
How about

Handing out contracts to friends and party donors with little or no experience or expertise in what they were doing, so wasting millions of taxpayer money.

Failing to implement a proper test, trace and isolate system despite spending £22 billion on it. That's a staggering amount of money.

Flip flopping between libertarian and restrictions and in the end doing neither properly.
It was nothing to do with conflicting science but more to do with ideology and Boris's inability to make difficult decisions.

Dominic flaming Cummings traveling from one end of the country to the other when he and his family were infected with the virus.

Not vaccinating teachers because the risk of transmitting to them is small while closing schools until March - due to the risk of transmission?

Don’t forget care homes, PPE and the exams balls up.

I said to my mate that the EU are doing themselves no favours by their posturing. Plays right into the brexiteer playbook. You shouldn't bully your way to more vaccine because in reality the whole world is in it together. On the face of it the EU joint purchasing scheme seemed to be a noble idea to ensure equitable distribution among member states. It's just they've been too slow and beaten by the market.

Sadly vaccination has become a dingdong wangling exercise between countries, while the virus circulates unchecked in poorer countries before we reimport the variants through travel.

Coronavirus is smarter than humans. It exploits weaknesses in our nature.

So you could say they deserve to be criticised in this particular instance the EU?

How about

Yeah track and trace has been awful as well. Flip flopping between being a libertarian (I consider myself one) and the lockdowns I dont particularly blame as he was trying to keep people onside. But in a national emergency which this clearly was he needed to put his noble libertarian views to one side.

Cummings travelling from one side to the country was a police matter, the police hate boris. If they could have nailed him they would have.

Also dont agree with vaccinating teachers before the elderly. I'm afraid I'm with @scaramanga on this one. Majority of teachers are work shy bums who will do anything to get out of work. Forever grateful my lad is private.

But on about 10 major decisions I think the government have got 8 of them very badly wrong.

Yeah track and trace has been awful as well. Flip flopping between being a libertarian (I consider myself one) and the lockdowns I dont particularly blame as he was trying to keep people onside. But in a national emergency which this clearly was he needed to put his noble libertarian views to one side.

Cummings travelling from one side to the country was a police matter, the police hate boris. If they could have nailed him they would have.

Also dont agree with vaccinating teachers before the elderly. I'm afraid I'm with @scaramanga on this one. Majority of teachers are work shy bums who will do anything to get out of work. Forever grateful my lad is private.

But on about 10 major decisions I think the government have got 8 of them very badly wrong.

That’s about right. Even worse was how slow they were to make the bad half-arsed barely there decisions.

At the heart is the NHS. The government have been far too optimistic of it’s capabilities and blind to it’s failings and they’ve asked far too much of it.

That’s about right. Even worse was how slow they were to make the bad half-arsed barely there decisions.

At the heart is the NHS. The government have been far too optimistic of it’s capabilities and blind to it’s failings and they’ve asked far too much of it.
Yet the NHS has mostly delivered as have the teachers. It's the government who haven't.

Another vaccine looks to be coming out, Novavax has 89.3% efficacy including against UK variant. Good news, apparently not expecting does till 2nd half of this year - not sure why there would be such a long delay.

Another promising vaccine from Novovax. To now go to the regulators for approval after efficacy trials.

U.K. did a deal in the autumn for 60 million doses with a U.K. dedicated supply chain with standard refrigeration.

c. 90% total efficacy ( slightly lower for Kent and Saffer variants than the covid classic).

I’ve no idea of any schedule. No contract at all with the EU.

Another vaccine looks to be coming out, Novavax has 89.3% efficacy including against UK variant. Good news, apparently not expecting does till 2nd half of this year - not sure why there would be such a long delay.

Apologies I didn’t see this. Disappointing to hear that schedule - but as you say. Cause for cheer.

Another promising vaccine from Novovax. To now go to the regulators for approval after efficacy trials.

U.K. did a deal in the autumn for 60 million doses with a U.K. dedicated supply chain with standard refrigeration.

c. 90% total efficacy ( slightly lower for Kent and Saffer variants than the covid classic).

Our government has been pretty sloppy, but a shining light was the way they went out and secured vaccines before they were finished. Someone twigged that this was going to key and acting fast and early (for once) would pay dividends.

Only 49% efficacy against South African strain is slightly concerning and no data on Brazilian variant but guess they can tweak formula in the months before Novavax is distributed

Our government has been pretty sloppy, but a shining light was the way they went out and secured vaccines before they were finished. Someone twigged that this was going to key and acting fast and early (for once) would pay dividends.
The problem still remains that we have built our public health response so poorly that we are now over reliant on the vaccines.

We have to put them into people's arms whatever the efficacy, what ever extending the interval between the doses leads to in terms of increasing vaccine resistance. We have to take risks with the programme that other countries who have managed their pandemic response better don't have to.

The numbers game is false while poorer countries are not vaccinating their populations, they present a big risk that a mutant will arise that significantly reduces the efficacy our vaccines. The pandemic is still a long way from being over even with vaccines. They buy us time nothing else.

So I want the government to fix the public health systems like test, trace and isolate and properly put in place and maintain a quarantine system to prevent infections being reintroduced.

Back