• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Wow. Imagine being a doctor or nurse, working under the most incredible pressure right now, and you have to deal with "idiots" (I am sure others can come up with a better term) like this.
Sweet jeebus. I'd like to lay into this macaron for his idiotic behavior but the underlying problem is likely the unfiltered bull he reads on Facebook or whatever. We have to change social media or we are doomed.

Question for schools when they return.

Choose one correct answer.

Q. You are the leader of an island. There is a deadly virus that has killed many thousands of people overseas. Do you:

a. Think about what to do in a year's time.
b. Highlight the benefits of the virus moving like a wave through the population
c. Explore ways in which billions of pounds worth of contracts can be handed out to those who support you.
d. Close all sea and airports. Restricting incoming visitors to an absolute minimum and ensuring any that do enter are isolated for a sufficient period of time.
e. Celebrate with gatherings and feasts and ridicule anybody who suggests otherwise.
f. Highlight that you are a transport hub, as if nobody else in the world is.
g. Grow a pair and shrug

Did you listen to any of the Hysteria podcast I listened to?

It's a great way of understanding how so many people can quickly believe so fervently and fearfully in something that need not be feared.

I'll be honest and say no I didn't. Been too busy putting my effort into the GG podcast. Now that I'm off on holiday though I will try. What was it called again?

Bit dumb to just do it for a few countries, as if only the dirty and poor countries are capable of producing a variant. It's as likely to come from Germany as it South Africa.

Also as everyone has pointed out you can fly from Brazil to Germany to the UK, I know for a fact this is happening as until last week a mate was commuting weekly from London to Germany and on his way back from Germany before they announced mandatory PCR testing for all arrivals his plane was full with Brazilians who had done this exact route.

Absolutely. It's as half baked a solution as giving different postcodes in the UK different rules. This virus will find a way to keep infecting people if the rules aren't water tight. Only quarantining certain arrivals shows a worrying lack of understanding even though we have surely entered the final six months of this pandemic causing major loss of life.

Reactions: DTA
Sweet jeebus. I'd like to lay into this macaron for his idiotic behavior but the underlying problem is likely the unfiltered bull he reads on Facebook or whatever. We have to change social media or we are doomed.

So my mum was in hospital in Herts for three weeks in Jan with covid, on oxygen and antibiotics etc and no one was allowed into the ward.
Belongings had to go via security. This was also the case in November when a friend was in hospital in NW London (non covid) and still no entry to the hospital was allowed.
Slightly confused how the family got access.

As far as the conversation etc goes - I have no words. And it's why I couldn't be a Dr - as soon as the old guy said he wanted to go home I'd have asked him again and, assuming there is no diagnosis of not being in a sane mind, I'd have sent him on way. Free up the bed for someone that needs and appreciates it.

Absolutely appalling headline from the Guardian tomorrow about a row between Britain and the EU trying to stir up hate. The row is between the EU and a private company.

They should have brought the vaccines at an early stage like we did. Reading the translations of some of the European newspapers makes interesting reading.

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...azeneca_coronavirus_covid_vaccines-284349628/
An exclusive interview with AstraZeneca's CEO on the accusations from Europe after the delay of Oxford vaccine supplies, some revealing details of the vaccine contracts signed by Astrazeneca with Britain and EU ("no obligations, just best effort" for the latter), why Boris Johnson's government has taken some advantage and why the one-dose strategy is the "right one"

The EU and Covid vaccine maker AstraZeneca are vowing to work together to resolve a row over supply problems that have seen Brussels demand the company divert stocks from the UK.
After "constructive" talks, Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides says the EU will "work with the company to find solutions", while AstraZeneca is committing to "even closer co-ordination". UK PM Boris Johnson says he's "confident of our supplies".

So basically because the EU fudged around over sorting a contract out which the UK didn't they want Astra to take off vaccines from the UK

upload_2021-1-28_7-37-48.png

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...azeneca_coronavirus_covid_vaccines-284349628/
An exclusive interview with AstraZeneca's CEO on the accusations from Europe after the delay of Oxford vaccine supplies, some revealing details of the vaccine contracts signed by Astrazeneca with Britain and EU ("no obligations, just best effort" for the latter),

If the term "best efforts" is in the contract between AZ and the EU, then that is actually a very onerous obligation. It's being said as if it's a get-out from having to deliver whereas in fact it means the complete opposite. "Best efforts" in contract law* means you have to do pretty much everything and anything possible to meet your obligations, even if it's not in the best interests of your company (short of bankruptcy).
I review and negotiate contracts and if I see a best efforts obligation a line goes straight through it.

*It would depend on the law governing the contract as to how stringently it is interpreted should it come to court but nonetheless it is an obligation, not a get-out.

Back