• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Don't mean to be all doom and gloom but:

we're facing massive issues on actually administering the vaccine as already highlighted. GP services and pharmacies aren't enough to hit 1m a week. If you're under the age of 50 the chances of you getting the vaccine won't be til around Sept 2021 based on 1m a week, and we're not even testing 1m people a week so how can we vaccinate 1m a week?

Also the assumption that only elderly will need it is false, already highlighted many people with no health issues or under 60 can still die, some US Senator or something aged 41 died this week from it.

Lastly our government has shown ineptitude at every possible corner on this task. How on earth can you think they'll get a mass vaccination programme delivered properly for the population, they can't even get basics right.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We have a national network of testing centres now. And a dedicated minister. Both things we didn’t get in place previously. We can also call on the army for assistance. It should not be too much of a tasks even for this inept government.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Feel free to show me how any of those are wrong.

1. Just in Victoria, there are regional cities that are in driving range of Melbourne, such as, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Wodonga.
2. It may be summer now, but Victoria has been covid free for over 90 days and fought the virus through winter.
3. All the main population centres are linked by highways.
4. There were protests in Victoria by the macaron phalanx. The lock down decision was controversial, largely due to the right wing nut job media. Identical to Britain in that regard.
5. Victoria has a population of over 5 million and Australia has 24 million. That is a lot of people and they are mostly 90% living in the highly urbanized city centres.

Do you want any more personal corrections?

Last edited:
1. Just in Victoria, there are regional cities that are in driving range of Melbourne, such as, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Wodonga.
2. It may be summer now, but Victoria has been covid free for over 90 days and fought the virus through winter.
3. All the main population centres are linked by highways.
4. There were protests in Victoria by the macaron phalanx. The lock down decision was controversial, largely due to the right wing nut job media. Identical to Britain in that regard.
5. Victoria has a population of over 5 million and Australia has 24 million. That is a lot of people and they are mostly 90% living in the highly urbanized city centres.

Do you want any more personal corrections?
  1. Which are all spread far further apart than in civilised countries. Lock down Melbourne and it's surrounding areas and it's the best part of a day's drive to the next proper city
  2. With all the other advantages listed in my post
  3. That's the point - travelling between them requires travelling on a highway. When Portsmouth was in zone 4 and Chichester zone 2, their residents could have travelled into Chichester via dozens of different roads. It's impossible to police that.
  4. Yet an overwhelmingly large proportion of the population just let the govt do whatever they wanted
  5. All split into geographically disparate areas separated by at least a day's drive. If you can't see how that differs from the developed parts of the world there's little help for you. 24 million might seem like a lot but on that land mass it's almost nothing. A third of the number of sheep, for example.

People are total spastics
A girl I know on Instagram is posting videos of her without a mask walking around Ikea, its a 60 mile drive from where she lives, she is bored a fancied a mooch round, selfish prick

Diabetics learn quickly to inject themselves, so I was wondering whether the Oxford Vaccine would be intramuscular or intradermal or subcutaneous... I guess the only difference is the length/width of the needle and how hard you jab it in? No idea really, just wondering if anyone knew e.g. could you walk up, stab yourself and walk out... it is rocket science or super easy?

Google sent me to this August 2020 article about how best to deliver vaccines including needle-free delivery and nitrogen powered systems... quite long and boring but someone might be bored and interested, so here it is https://www.cambridgenetwork.co.uk/news/preparing-mass-vaccination

You would hope that self vaccination is being considered for those who can comfortably inject themselves. The problem there is the assumption they have done it.

I hope that we get a clear plan on how they are going to do this very soon.

• What the priority groups are and how many people are in each.
  • What their target for weekly vaccinations are and how long it will take for them to get there.
  • How much vaccine they have available and future supplies with dates.
  • When they expect to have vaccinated enough people to begin relaxing restrictions.
No spin. No talking themselves up or overselling. A realistic, achievable plan that they can stick to and their performance can be measured against.

• What their target for weekly vaccinations are and how long it will take for them to get there.
  • When they expect to have vaccinated enough people to begin relaxing restrictions.
No spin. No talking themselves up or overselling. A realistic, achievable plan that they can stick to and their performance can be measured against.
Right in there with comedy post of the year - good work sir

Right in there with comedy post of the year - good work sir

The priority groups have been known for months I’ve posted on here twice. Have a look at all the stuff related to vaccinations on gov.uk.

None of us as adults can have any excuse for not making sure our friends and families are properly registered and up to date with nhs services and ready to be contacted and take up the jab.

Furthermore, note which vaccines are more or less suitable for any conditions you might have. This could well mean one manufacturers vaccine is more or less suitable for you.

Sort your own brick out first then worry about the government later.

I can and would go right now if I had a call from my gp.

I know that. It's a case of confirming that this hasn't changed and setting out a timetable.

The website has been updated today, but as far as I can tell the priority groups for Phase 1 remain the same :

Vaccine priority groups: advice on 30 December 2020
Phase 1 – direct prevention of mortality and supporting the NHS and social care system
JCVI advises that the first priorities for the COVID-19 vaccination programme should be the prevention of mortality and the maintenance of the health and social care systems. As the risk of mortality from COVID-19 increases with age, prioritisation is primarily based on age. The order of priority for each group in the population corresponds with data on the number of individuals who would need to be vaccinated to prevent one death, estimated from UK data obtained from March to June 2020 (see reference 3):
  1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals[footnote 1]
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. all individuals aged 16 years[footnote 2] to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality[footnote 3]
  7. all those 60 years of age and over
  8. all those 55 years of age and over
  9. all those 50 years of age and over
It is estimated that taken together, these groups represent around 99% of preventable mortality from COVID-19.

JCVI advises that implementation of the COVID-19 vaccine programme should aim to achieve high vaccine uptake. An age-based programme will likely result in faster delivery and better uptake in those at the highest risk. Implementation should also involve flexibility in vaccine deployment at a local level with due attention to:

• mitigating health inequalities, such as might occur in relation to access to healthcare and ethnicity
  • vaccine product storage, transport and administration constraints
  • exceptional individualised circumstances
  • availability of suitable approved vaccines, for example for specific age cohorts
JCVI appreciates that operational considerations, such as minimising wastage, may require a flexible approach, where decisions are taken in consultation with national or local public health experts. To be assured that outcome is maximised however, JCVI would like to see early and regular comprehensive vaccine coverage data so that the committee can respond if high priority risk groups are unable to access vaccination in a reasonable time frame.

The next phase – further reduction in hospitalisation and targeted vaccination of those at high risk of exposure and/or those delivering key public services
As the first phase of the programme is rolled out in the UK, additional data will become available on the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines. This data will provide the basis for consideration of vaccination in groups that are at lower risk of mortality from COVID-19.

The committee is currently of the view that the key focus for the second phase of vaccination could be on further preventing hospitalisation.

Vaccination of those at increased risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 due to their occupation could also be a priority in the next phase. This could include first responders, the military, those involved in the justice system, teachers, transport workers, and public servants essential to the pandemic response. Priority occupations for vaccination are considered an issue of policy, rather than for JCVI to advise on. JCVI asks that the Department of Health and Social Care consider occupational vaccination in collaboration with other government departments.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ups-for-covid-19-vaccination-30-december-2020

No indication yet as to a timetable although that would obviously come from government/NHS rather than the JCVI.

The signs aren’t good on vaccination. They’ve been waiting for at least a couple of weeks to have the go ahead from the regulators - and it was obviously going to be a yes. So why are we waiting until Monday to start the programme? 5 days wasted already.

I know that. It's a case of confirming that this hasn't changed and setting out a timetable.

Yes fair enough. He should set up a brickload of resource which I think we are seeing, to meet some ambitious targets. It’s the actual number of people who receive the jabs that is key not whether or not Hanrooster’s targets are met.

So Let’s throw in the kitchen sink. We can’t just have any old arsehat doing this though. They had some overdoses administered in Germany.

The signs aren’t good on vaccination. They’ve been waiting for at least a couple of weeks to have the go ahead from the regulators - and it was obviously going to be a yes. So why are we waiting until Monday to start the programme? 5 days wasted already.

They have reviewed the dosage. It’s to be 2 full doses several weeks apart. That’s vitally important in terms of setting out the logistics.

Hanrooster has said there are 530k vaccines available for deployment in the first week of January.
Whether this comes with a plan for deployment is less clear.
Will it be like the much lauded frequent increases in testing "capacity" earlier in the year that didn't actually result in increases in tests?
Vaccines "available" vs vaccines deployed.

They have reviewed the dosage. It’s to be 2 full doses several weeks apart. That’s vitally important in terms of setting out the logistics.

Still doesn’t explain why they haven’t set up a ready to roll national programme as soon as the regulators said yes. They’ve had literally months to do it.

Still doesn’t explain why they haven’t set up a ready to roll national programme as soon as the regulators said yes. They’ve had non-figuratively months to do it.

They have and it’s well underway. I know there were some supply setbacks as uk manufacturing sites were not ready.

Back