• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...pe/britain-covid-contracts.html?smid=tw-share

This is what makes me angry
People will die with a virus
People will suffer with a virus
But we shouldn’t be seeing people profiteering from this... and clearly are

I work currently on some large government outsourcing projects and I’d be put in prison for operating like this

It’s fudging appalling

I say that as very middle ground political person

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...pe/britain-covid-contracts.html?smid=tw-share

This is what makes me angry
People will die with a virus
People will suffer with a virus
But we shouldn’t be seeing people profiteering from this... and clearly are

I work currently on some large government outsourcing projects and I’d be put in prison for operating like this

It’s fudging appalling

I say that as very middle ground political person

What's more startling is that the US Media does a better job of holding the UK politicans to account than the UK media.

Interesting to see how others increasingly see us. The New York Times are the latest to point out the failures and cronyism of our government, highlighted by their inept handling of the pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/17/world/europe/britain-covid-contracts.html

Of all the countries to criticise the UK response, I think the US is the one which hasn’t got a leg to stand on. The craziest element of the ‘response’ to me is the fact you still have people entering the country, without mandated quarantine. The tap is well and truly on and the hospital beds are filling up. They’ve got 17 cases in Sydney today and the whole northern suburbs are about to lockdown.

Of all the countries to criticise the UK response, I think the US is the one which hasn’t got a leg to stand on. The craziest element of the ‘response’ to me is the fact you still have people entering the country, without mandated quarantine. The tap is well and truly on and the hospital beds are filling up. They’ve got 17 cases in Sydney today and the whole northern suburbs are about to lockdown.

The current US administration can’t criticise, for sure. It’s good to see their media doing the job that ours by and large have failed to, though.

The UK had 25,000 new cases and is opening up for Christmas. In Sydney we have 28 cases in 48 hours and borders are closing and Christmas will be severely affected.

I booked a trip to Sydney to see my family for Christmas for the first time in over a year. A good chance that might not happen, because a couple of selfish clams can't follow the rules.

The UK had 25,000 new cases and is opening up for Christmas. In Sydney we have 28 cases in 48 hours and borders are closing and Christmas will be severely affected.

I booked a trip to Sydney to see my family for Christmas for the first time in over a year. A good chance that might not happen, because a couple of selfish clams can't follow the rules.
That is a lot for Sydney. brick.
My friend is supposed to be flying from NZ to Sydney to start her new life on 23rd - guess that'll be in question now :/

Do you always drive the speed limit too?

Do you always drive the speed limit too?

I know you’re pretty clueless about Australia, but it’s a pretty big country and the quickest way from Sydney to Melbourne is a 90 minute flight. Those flights are being met by health officials. If this outbreak grows (and it inevitably will) those flights will be taken to hotel quarantine for two weeks at a cost of $3000.

The current US administration can’t criticise, for sure. It’s good to see their media doing the job that ours by and large have failed to, though.

The media including Tory friendly places like the mail and telegraph have been very critical of Johnson and the general way things have been handled.

Back