• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

G'day from our 14th day in a row with no cases and no deaths :cool:

You seem to think this annoys me?

It really doesnt

but if you could explain why in proper countries lockdowns haven’t worked that would be great - you seem to keep avoiding this question?

or shall we take the silence on the question as you knowing they don’t in countries with more than 5 people?

It really doesnt

but if you could explain why in proper countries lockdowns haven’t worked that would be great - you seem to keep avoiding this question?

or shall we take the silence on the question as you knowing they don’t in countries with more than 5 people?

To have achieved what they have in a country with major cities is quite something. Maintaining it may not be straightforward - but they may not have to for too much longer, fingers crossed (for us all).

To have achieved what they have in a country with major cities is quite something. Maintaining it may not be straightforward - but they may not have to for too much longer, fingers crossed (for us all).
Surprised that so many people are happy to congratulate governments that have done the same as other countries that have still had huge numbers of deaths.

Seems to be a dividing line (here and in the real world) along the lines of people's political affiliations. Those who believe the government should do everything appear to be more susceptible to the belief that government can control everything. So they therefore attribute results to the actions of the government, even if those same actions in other countries yielded poorer results.

Whereas those who tend to believe in individual responsibility appear to fall on the side of there being limited differences a government can make.

It really doesnt

Sorry, but I don’t speak or read enough Spanish to know exactly where Peru and Argentina went wrong.

I’d also like you to show me where I said that lockdown works in 100% of cases. I only started posting on here because the thread was the 5 of you anti-lockdowners chatting amongst yourselves about how lockdown doesn’t work. Victoria (among others) is the prove that it can work.

I don’t get your 5 people question? Is that one of those “Australia is just a small country town full of inbreds” joke that scaramanga posts every other day?

Sorry, but I don’t speak or read enough Spanish to know exactly where Peru and Argentina went wrong.

I’d also like you to show me where I said that lockdown works in 400% of cases. I only started posting on here because the thread was the 5 of you anti-lockdowners chatting amongst yourselves about how lockdown doesn’t work. Victoria (among others) is the prove that it can work.

I don’t get your 5 people question? Is that one of those “Australia is just a small country town full of inbreds” joke that scaramanga posts every other day?

Lol You’ve literally spent weeks claiming lockdowns are the answer whilst ignoring the geography of the countries that have implemented them.

I’d also like you to show me where I said that lockdown works in 400% of cases. I only started posting on here because the thread was the 5 of you anti-lockdowners chatting amongst yourselves about how lockdown doesn’t work. Victoria (among others) is the prove that it can work.

Given that lockdown is the only common thing between all of these hugely disparate countries and that their results are as varied as the nations themselves, do you think maybe lockdown isn't the thing that makes the difference?

Given that lockdown is the only common thing between all of these hugely disparate countries and that their results are as varied as the nations themselves, do you think maybe lockdown isn't the thing that makes the difference?
It wouldn't surprise me if they accused you of faulty reasoning as well?

(trigger warning to anyone that's had a relative sick with covid)

Just did a covid test in Greenwich (persistent new cough for a day......it's November, that's what happens in November...).
There were zero other people there. I was there about 20 mins altogether.

Without wanting to get all David Icke, something feels wrong. No images of mass sickness. Lots of reports of set ups being empty (test centres; nightingale hospitals) interspersed with the odd story about things being overwhelmed.

I know I'm stressed right now, but my instinct is just saying something is "off" here.

Outlandish conspiracy theories don't help anyone, particularly those who have lost loved ones.

This is a global issue, remind yourself how and why this would be coordinated or orchestrated in such a way, with nothing to even remotely prove your suspicions?

I get it. After months and month of this people are tired, they want out. But it's not "off" .. It's just a brick situation all-round.

(trigger warning to anyone that's had a relative sick with covid)

Just did a covid test in Greenwich (persistent new cough for a day......it's November, that's what happens in November...).
There were zero other people there. I was there about 20 mins altogether.

Without wanting to get all David Icke, something feels wrong. No images of mass sickness. Lots of reports of set ups being empty (test centres; nightingale hospitals) interspersed with the odd story about things being overwhelmed.

I know I'm stressed right now, but my instinct is just saying something is "off" here.
A simple reason why test centres might be empty is anyone under 50 can largely decipher the illness impact to them isn't great, (don't @ me about this, of course there will be outliers) hence they don't want to go and be tested to be officially told to stay in for 2 weeks?.

Back