• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Levy should do a deal 10% off Skywalk and the club shop if you are vaccinated -- that could sway me tbh.

Good job!!
Was that NHS walk-in?
Bupa say 3-5 for results, which is annoying. Don't mind paying the £65, just need to know I'll get the result in time. Ggrrrr

Yeah that was in August via the Gov website -- hardly anyone there and took about 5-10 mins in total.
For private there are quite a few places doing 24 hours turnaround, look on Google should be a few...

My question is, if you pay for all your government services but don't have a vac ,should you still receive them?

Or are we just talking about people on benefits etc ie receiving money.
I think all of them. Allowing for any medical condition that absolutely rules out a vaccine, I don't see any good excuse for not getting one.

If we were in an opt-in tax system where, for example, I didn't pay the healthcare proportion of my tax because I pay for private care or I don't pay the education part of my tax because I pay for private schooling - the answer might be different.

But as we are paying a lump sum that all goes into an indiscriminate pot of waste and services, I don't think there's a distinction.

Was on a MOD call earlier and all stand h resource is being diverted for testing and for vaccinations
By all i mean everyone that’s not overseas and all leave cancelled
May not sound that radical but i work on overseas sensitive stuff and this came up on a call around that so it’s very unique
At least it might get done properly and on time if the Army do it

Interesting, as that article shows the acceleration compared across countries.

I know a fair bit about the actions taken in CZ and they were pretty much the opposite of Sweden, yet they're accelerating faster than anyone.

It's almost as if there are factors at play that are outside the control of any government. I understand that most people don't want to think that - it's easier to have a quick fix that way and feels as if we, as humans, have more control over it. I'm far from convinced we have much control at all.

The majority of those that are refusing to take the vaccine are of the same sort of age so will be well down the pecking order for it.

So they will either be proved right when everyone dies, or feel safer taken it after millions of people take it before

Interesting, as that article shows the acceleration compared across countries.

I know a fair bit about the actions taken in CZ and they were pretty much the opposite of Sweden, yet they're accelerating faster than anyone.

It's almost as if there are factors at play that are outside the control of any government. I understand that most people don't want to think that - it's easier to have a quick fix that way and feels as if we, as humans, have more control over it. I'm far from convinced we have much control at all.

Australia, NZ and Taiwan say hi.

That's good, right? Lots of people having the virus means lots of immunity.

Rising hospitalisations? Great outcome for the Swedes.

Australia, NZ and Taiwan say hi.
Again, CZ restrictions were heavy. Masks mandatory in and outdoors in public from the very beginning. Couldn't get into the country without quarantine, etc.

Then winter hits and they've got it worse than anyone.

Rising hospitalisations? Great outcome for the Swedes.
No answer is without casualties. Large proportions of the (healthy) public contracting it can only be good.

Back