• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

The answer was in Johnson's speech today if you listened.

They govt are avoiding this kind of action until or unless absolutely necessary as they have to balance any perceived value from it against the very real costs to people.

Were they waiting for unicorns to step in?

Can everyone who started with a job in March go to work on Friday?

Can people see a doctor / dentist without hassle?

it’s enough of a lockdown to cause damage.

But not enough of one to achieve its goal.

Australia and NZ are the pointer for the world - they went fast and hard and without unnecessary sentiment (ie if you are Aus/NZ living abroad, though - see you when the border is open again).
They showed clear leadership and consistency. (Arden had an expert break the rules - that expert was kept on for their expertise, but was stripped of everything else. Compare that with Cummings.)

They got through winter as well as possible (not without suffering- there are no options with that result).
If the next few months doesn't result in a huge rise, then Europe can use their model (they are white and "western", so can be politically justified as a model) - hard and long lockdowns then open slowly in a controlled way

Australia and NZ are the pointer for the world - they went fast and hard and without unnecessary sentiment (ie if you are Aus/NZ living abroad, though - see you when the border is open again).
They showed clear leadership and consistency. (Arden had an expert break the rules - that expert was kept on for their expertise, but was stripped of everything else. Compare that with Cummings.)

They got through winter as well as possible (not without suffering- there are no options with that result).
If the next few months doesn't result in a huge rise, then Europe can use their model (they are white and "western", so can be politically justified as a model) - hard and long lockdowns then open slowly in a controlled way

I really dont agree with any of that.

Protect the care homes.

Let local councils work with the nhs to figure out who is vulnerable and isolate them.

Let the rest of us carry on our lives.

Not to harp on, but I came back from China start of February thin as a rake from the chemo and stem cell treatment, wound up in Worthing hospital with covid and beat it. I'm in my 50s.

Wrecking the whole country and economy for future generations for an illness that does not much damage is fcuking madness.

Where as Peru who have had the toughest lockdown (complete with army on the streets) of them all and are not in the middle of nowhere have had the worst results in the world.

In fact Belgium/France/Spain all had the toughest restrictions in Europe and they are all getting rises in cases/deaths - all older generations and majority in care homes/hospitals.

Arden from what I can see also didnt have experts from her own committee of advisors running to the press every day underminding what she was trying to do.

Can only wonder where the UK might have been if you’d done this the same day as we did (right around the time we were both on ~700 days per day.) We just recorded our 4th day of 0 cases in a week.

Yes, but Australasian culture is completely different. They have a Confucian stoicism and an inscrutable obedience to authority, so there’s no way that their policies could be applied to the freedom-loving British.

As many medical people have been pointing out in the media this morning, once the health service becomes overwhelmed by Covid hospitalisations then none of those things happen anyway.

I’m not really clear what you are proposing. Let the virus run and anyone badly enough affected by it dies at home or in a hospital car park?

And the answer isn’t ‘shield the vulnerable‘. We are looking at a government that turns up almost three hours late to its own press conference.

You hear people say that but just as many medical proffesionals have also pointed out the NHS has been a dedicated Covid service since March and that was in and out of Lockdown. The past lockdown had ZERO impact on the wait lists for treatment infact they have grown month on month.

So if the theory of lets lockdown to free up the NHS for others dying of non Covid illness we would have at least seen a small improvement from the first Lockdown, there was non.

Our Australian correspondent might call it hyperbolt but when the medical profession are predicting that the cancer backlog will last 50 years then there we have to look at another plan. You cant put 3-4 million potential cancer patients on a death sentence and just pay them on the back and call for a stoic stiff upper lip

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11...updates-covid19-latest-mental-health/12836336
Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather let people die because 'the economy.'

Yeh no thanks. I would rather let people die other other illness as long as I can say I saved Covid lives by locking down. Do me a favor, when progressive illnesses kill people off next year because they did not get the urgent treatment they needed now will you be celebrating this major success?

In your own words fudge off

Yeh no thanks. I would rather let people die other other illness as long as I can say I saved Covid lives by locking down. Do me a favor, when progressive illnesses kill people off next year because they did not get the urgent treatment they needed now will you be celebrating this major success?

Don't be too harsh on him, it can't be easy being so naive.

Huh? I don't think you're making any sense here. Can't understand your posts.

Show me the numbers of people being denied medical attention? Lockdown is being taken (I agree way too late) to try and keep hospital's free to allow others access.

I don't think you know what you're arguing for anymore. Go enjoy your free time and your bricky jackets.

Back