• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Any chance of you then re-joining if things pick up?

Yeh I reckon so, I could set up alone and take on some freelance stuff if it came up, its just when, the industry is not coming back and our clients have scaled back like the rest of the world so you have to be realistic that if a hotel is parting way with 50pc of their staff they are not going to pay a marketing agency to promote them.

I just sat with my wife we worked out our commitments and TBH my job would be gone in the new year anyway. This gives me a chance to control when and plan ahead, it also helps keep two people in a job longer who frankly need it more and just before Christmas. Its been a tough few months trying to fight an inevitable tide TBH, you have to admit a defeat when the inevitable is in your face. Our owner is well off but not stinking rich but I tell you something, despite the claims on here before that the rich dont care and they have safety in wealth, I can honestly say I have never seen someone so distraught, sick and on the brink due to the welfare of those in the company, its a choker mate for her.

Yeh I reckon so, I could set up alone and take on some freelance stuff if it came up, its just when, the industry is not coming back and our clients have scaled back like the rest of the world so you have to be realistic that if a hotel is parting way with 50pc of their staff they are not going to pay a marketing agency to promote them.

I just sat with my wife we worked out our commitments and TBH my job would be gone in the new year anyway. This gives me a chance to control when and plan ahead, it also helps keep two people in a job longer who frankly need it more and just before Christmas. Its been a tough few months trying to fight an inevitable tide TBH, you have to admit a defeat when the inevitable is in your face. Our owner is well off but not stinking rich but I tell you something, despite the claims on here before that the rich dont care and they have safety in wealth, I can honestly say I have never seen someone so distraught, sick and on the brink due to the welfare of those in the company, its a choker mate for her.
Re: your boss, That's true, no matter your wealth situation it doesn't become you, you are still the person you are with all the emotions, feelings (or not:)) and characteristics that you grew up with.

Fairplay with trying to get on top of the situation, and of course thinking of others. It really is hard to see the timeframe for a turnaround in so many lines of business. But take your skills with you and just maybe a new way of working might just work out better for you?

Re: your boss, That's true, no matter your wealth situation it doesn't become you, you are still the person you are with all the emotions, feelings (or not:)) and characteristics that you grew up with.

Fairplay with trying to get on top of the situation, and of course thinking of others. It really is hard to see the timeframe for a turnaround in so many lines of business. But take your skills with you and just maybe a new way of working might just be the better for you?

I think even in taking redundancy by choice and not waiting its the first positive step to overcoming the situation if that makes sense. Take it away from yourself rather than have it taken away.

Good luck.

Starmer skewering Bojo as usual. Along the lines of

"If an area was Tier 2 and has now moved to Tier 3, then the Tier rankings aren't working, because they should be moving back to Tier 1".
If only he could lend the govt some of that hindsight, they could use it in advance for everyone's good.

Nah, probably better just to use it for petty, political point scoring.

Last edited:
But doesn't London include districts including tower hamlets and Stratford which are largely residential and had extraordinary rates first time.
Most of London is residential outside of the centre.
People started moving out (anecdotal of course) a few months into the first wave, so the population density now Vs the start is starkly different.
Perversely, the movement out of London will probably make it worse elsewhere because things like local health services won't have accounted for them.

Carehome staff are to be told to work in one carehome only to stop the spread. If there are are issues with the idea at least we are trying which is key to flushing them out.

If the major the spread is still within carehomes at least we are acknowledging the facts and working towards them.

Carehome staff are to be told to work in one carehome only to stop the spread. If there are are issues with the idea at least we are trying which is key to flushing them out.

If the major the spread is still within carehomes at least we are acknowledging the facts and working towards them.

I'm not blind to the problem there is with covid and care homes, but I hope this has been well thought through.
Not only are people likely to be on low pay now potentially having their working hours cut, so where is the support for them, but it could have a huge impact on the ability of care homes to operate, or to operate at existing occupancy levels. Meaning the sick elderly having to stay in hospital longer as there are fewer care home beds available, thereby fewer beds available in hospitals for others, covid and non-covid alike.
The devil is in the detail of course.
Luckily we have a government good at focusing on detail. Oh, wait...

So, has anyone actually been asked to test or isolate? Thought i'd share a chat with some friends on what they've faced as we discussed on whatsapp yday:

1) Friends daughter was unwell, so they got a test. Had to pull their other daughter out of school too. Test results due back within 2 days. After 5 days of not hearing anything (he's continually following up daily) he's told the test is inconclusive. So, come back for another test. For the interest of everyone he's kept both daughters at home for the last week (still 1 week to go but that's half term) but obviously, not even sure they have COVID.

2) Other friends wife got a ping last night via the COIVD app that she needs to isolate, so this means she has checked in somewhere and there's probably been a COVID alert for the location. However, and we may be wrong here as we were disucssing last night and it's not clear, i think my friends wife has to isolate for 14 days, but my friend doesn't? Again it's not clear cut which is causing some confusion, but think he only needs to also isolate (as does the household) if she shows symptoms.

Anyway, would be interested to see if anyone else actually been impacted via test and trace thus far or testing?

So, has anyone actually been asked to test or isolate? Thought i'd share a chat with some friends on what they've faced as we discussed on whatsapp yday:

1) Friends daughter was unwell, so they got a test. Had to pull their other daughter out of school too. Test results due back within 2 days. After 5 days of not hearing anything (he's continually following up daily) he's told the test is inconclusive. So, come back for another test. For the interest of everyone he's kept both daughters at home for the last week (still 1 week to go but that's half term) but obviously, not even sure they have COVID.

2) Other friends wife got a ping last night via the COIVD app that she needs to isolate, so this means she has checked in somewhere and there's probably been a COVID alert for the location. However, and we may be wrong here as we were disucssing last night and it's not clear, i think my friends wife has to isolate for 14 days, but my friend doesn't? Again it's not clear cut which is causing some confusion, but think he only needs to also isolate (as does the household) if she shows symptoms.

Anyway, would be interested to see if anyone else actually been impacted via test and trace thus far or testing?

Despite numerous attempts at follow-ups from me, I’m still waiting on my test result from the 30th July.

Back