• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

When has anyone ever stopped using the R number? Isn't it the key indicator?

Is it the correct one? The figures are all over the place because when we started taking figures there was no testing and now there is which throws up more cases which is a higher R but less deaths

I know its believed there were hundreds of thousands of unrecorded cases back in March but the official figures are those being compared to by the government.

Surely using crap data is the issue, as are projections that we are nowhere near surely we should be working with on the ground facts aka people in beds and death toll

@Legohamster @Grays_1890 Look at the two of you, like a pair of attack dogs straight at it.

I'm not your enemy here, the way the situation is being handled by the government is a joke, we can all agree on that. But you can't just disregard figures because they don't support your stance.

I feel like you've both commandeered this thread, open discussion has really been stifled by your constant barrage of posts. Might be worth taking a few steps back and a deep breath at times.

Only a suggestion though.

@Legohamster @Grays_1890 Look at the two of you, like a pair of attack dogs straight at it.

I'm not your enemy here, the way the situation is being handled by the government is a joke, we can all agree on that. But you can't just disregard figures because they don't support your stance.

I feel like you've both commandeered this thread, open discussion has really been stifled by your constant barrage of posts. Might be worth taking a few steps back and a deep breath at times.

Firstly no one is attacking you, I was asking a relevant question of how you can compare data from when we were not testing to now when we are because the two are not comparable.

Secondly I could argue that you have made nothing buy snipey childish comments on here and actually football related post that are not supported by nothing based on your beliefs and prejudice against those who has written them and their POV despite your obvious hate for prejudice.

Thirdly this thread is no different to others where people differ on their views, infact if you look at the Politics thread that is dominated day and night by one poster as are many others.

Fourthly Im actually not going to apologise for having a point of view or being an attack dog on a forum as an outlet within a situation that is highly charged.

At the end of the day I have shown my ars3 on there, thrown my toys out the pram and got triggered on here I hold my hands up to that but you learn every day and I realise that sometimes when people dont like you point of view they will misrepresent them to make out you are saying something you are not despite fact, become personal or lie so I am chilled to the fact that you are digging out, thats on you mate, thats the nature of forums and social media. If you dont like it I am sure I heard there is an ignore button

Last edited:
Yep
I’ve had to go there for work and their rammed areas
Literally flat after flat

I used to live in Wapping, its purely residential. Not sure actually how they define London but I would stretch to areas like Barking and Rainham Essex way as an example.

I used to live in Wapping, its purely residential. Not sure actually how they define London but I would stretch to areas like Barking and Rainham Essex way as an example.
Anywhere inside the m25 normally IMO
And parts that aren’t in other counties e.g Essex or Kent

what a weird response

you quoted me asking a question and I responded

I think basically anywhere with a council name of “London Borough of....” (Barking and Rainham both being in London boroughs). It gets a bit confusing with postal districts eg Enfield is Middlesex in addresses but London Borough of Enfield as a council, Romford and Harold Wood are Essex in addresses but come under London Borough of Havering.

I think basically anywhere with a council name of “London Borough of....” (Barking and Rainham both being in London boroughs). It gets a bit confusing with postal districts eg Enfield is Middlesex in addresses but London Borough of Enfield as a council, Romford and Harold Wood are Essex in addresses but come under London Borough of Havering.

Cheers for that decent

what a weird response

you quoted me asking a question and I responded

Whats interesting is the stats do support my POV as they show more a shed load more cases and a shed load less deaths, if the bloke engaged his brain I was actually opening up a conversation that could ultimately go against my POV by saying the stats are fudged up because on face value alone they point to no lockdown.

Silly question but, why are the numbers so dramatically higher in Manc and Liverpool vs say Brum and London?

Is it more dingdongheads or does work play such a major factor? Take Birmingham and Manchester for example, aren't they the two biggest cities outside London? But double the amount in Manc?

upload_2020-10-21_17-10-44.png

Firstly no one is attacking you, I was asking a relevant question of how you can compare data from when we were not testing to now when we are because the two are not comparable.

Secondly I could argue that you have made nothing buy snipey childish comments on here and actually football related post that are not supported by nothing based on your beliefs and prejudice against those who has written them and their POV despite your obvious hate for prejudice.

Thirdly this thread is no different to others where people differ on their views, infact if you look at the Politics thread that is dominated day and night by one poster as are many others.

Fourthly Im actually not going to apologise for having a point of view or being an attack dog on a forum as an outlet within a situation that is highly charged.

At the end of the day I have shown my ars3 on there, thrown my toys out the pram and got triggered on here I hold my hands up to that but you learn every day and I realise that sometimes when people dont like you point of view they will misrepresent them to make out you are saying something you are not despite fact, become personal or lie so I am chilled to the fact that you are digging out, thats on you mate, thats the nature of forums and social media. If you dont like it I am sure I heard there is an ignore button

I want to read and be across a range of different viewpoints, so hitting the ignore button is the coward's way out in my eyes.

I believe meaningful debate should be well thought out, rather than reactionary bombardment of the same vitriol over and over again, that's all.

I want to read and be across a range of different viewpoints, so hitting the ignore button is the coward's way out in my eyes.

I believe meaningful debate should be well thought out, rather than reactionary bombardment of the same vitriol over and over again, that's all.

The first sentence surely is not a case if you believe the second.

Tis a worthy criticism.

On the EU, their head of health Kyriakides has a very balanced view on the virus

"Even if and when we have a successful vaccine, this does not mean that the situation of this pandemic will be solved the next day. We're going to have to continue to be careful," she said.

The commissioner added that in their efforts to curb the spread of the virus, member states should aim to strike a balance and always be mindful of the repercussions that public health measures have on populations and society as a whole.

"The way to contain this is by increased testing, contact tracing and isolation when needed. It is vitally important for society, for economies that we avoid generalised lockdowns," she said.

Back