• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Starmer skewering Bojo as usual. Along the lines of

"If an area was Tier 2 and has now moved to Tier 3, then the Tier rankings aren't working, because they should be moving back to Tier 1".

The Shadow Health Secretary has just said that they are hearing rumours that the government is planning/preparing for a 3 week national lockdown next month and asked the Health Minister to confirm, alongside a number of other questions.
Health Minister addresses most of the questions, but says nothing about the lockdown rumour.
I guess the rumour mill will get quickly get louder if there is any truth to it.

Starmer skewering Bojo as usual. Along the lines of

"If an area was Tier 2 and has now moved to Tier 3, then the Tier rankings aren't working, because they should be moving back to Tier 1".

Exactly

Also if your going to two with the idea to eventually go to three just go to three don't just confuse people. I don't want lockdown but part of the problem is dogmuck messaging

The Shadow Health Secretary has just said that they are hearing rumours that the government is planning/preparing for a 3 week national lockdown next month and asked the Health Minister to confirm, alongside a number of other questions.
Health Minister addresses most of the questions, but says nothing about the lockdown rumour.
I guess the rumour mill will get quickly get louder if there is any truth to it.

It’s happening

the only reason it wasn’t this Friday is because Starmer called for it last week.

they need to extend furlough again then and offer out support packages properly.

Will Rishi walk?

It’s happening

the only reason it wasn’t this Friday is because Starmer called for it last week.

they need to extend furlough again then and offer out support packages properly.

Will Rishi walk?

They can't afford to extend it

The rumours are we have run out of money hence the overly complicated job support scheme that no one can really use.

The tier thing is a good idea implemented badly, I don't think 3 tiers is really enough. Should be more like 5 so you can differentiate a bit more then each tier needs more clearly defined restrictions and financial aid and entry/exit criteria with a bit of flex at the very top for extreme areas or sudden spikes.

Still dont think Tiers will work in the UK personally.

the US is state specific, but State lines are well defined and geographical space clearly acknowledged. People still argue whether Middlesex and Havering sit in and out of London, so having a varied Tier rating between this road and the road opposite just doesn't seem logical.

Ultimately, i get the underlying problem, if Cornwall is absolutely fine, why lock them down when the rest of the country requires it. But the difference between Tier 1 and 2 is so minimal, moving to Tier 2 does fudge all i think.

What I dont get is if you are in Tier 3 how can football in those areas continue? Even in a bubble the rules are broken on the rule of 6, players still go home to a family who are put at risk? Surely as the virus is so deadly and there are so many reports of long covid players should be as worried about the pandemic as anyone else?

Yeah I get that
Although I’m stunned it’s only 30% commuting in as form my work experience it’s almost double that (guess it varies sector to sector)
And I also agree that it’s little towns or villages (to suit the estate agents). But their still typically apartment and flat living and close proximity of people. What I can say is I’ve seen footage and evidence in London from when I’ve had to go in lately or the vast majority obliging by the rules. I also saw that up in Scotland. I haven’t been to many other areas to compare
I wouldn't put my house (ok, room in a shared house!) on the 30% - that based on a figure from a few years ago, but if it's higher then that further explains the lower spread.

There are just a hugely reduced amount of touch points in London now. Even grocery stores - because of the way the city is set up I'm going to say there are more per capita Vs other cities, combined with a reduction in population. No data to back that up though.

I wouldn't put my house (ok, room in a shared house!) on the 30% - that based on a figure from a few years ago, but if it's higher then that further explains the lower spread.

There are just a hugely reduced amount of touch points in London now. Even grocery stores - because of the way the city is set up I'm going to say there are more per capita Vs other cities, combined with a reduction in population. No data to back that up though.

But doesn't London include districts including tower hamlets and Stratford which are largely residential and had extraordinary rates first time.

Back