• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

"There's a reported terrorist threat, we require people to turn on their tracking apps for a month"

"There is a global pandemic, if you pul your head out your area and act sensibly we might just be able to navigate these waters whilst maintaining some normality.........now download the app shmucks"

Reactions: DTA
@scaramanga do you assume this is a ploy/opportunity to quietly push us towards an Orwellian police state?

I struggle with that idea as it borders on conspiracy theory truther talk.

If there was a ploy to track trace all activity created by powers unknown then, in my mind, that has been achieved with smart phones and social media.

@scaramanga do you assume this is a ploy/opportunity to quietly push us towards an Orwellian police state?

If there was a ploy to track trace all activity created by powers unknown then, in my mind, that has been achieved with smart phones and social media.

Same for me. There isn't anything to achieve by the government knowing where I am any ore than the bank knowing how much money I have or the tax office knowing what I've paid or apple knowing the apps I've downloaded. Just eat knows where I am 24\7 so I'm far from scared about this app

The apps track and trace it can hardly work if you wanna be covert

I’m more bothered being caught up with being told to self isolate when I’ve not been near some one than data tracking.

but I can’t blame people, all the govs previous data monitoring etc means people don’t trust Cummings and co with it

Same for me. There isn't anything to achieve by the government knowing where I am any ore than the bank knowing how much money I have or the tax office knowing what I've paid or apple knowing the apps I've downloaded. Just eat knows where I am 24\7 so I'm far from scared about this app

The apps track and trace it can hardly work if you wanna be covert

Unbelievably naive.

Unbelievably naive.

Not really

You could magic up some fantasy of what might happen but its far from reality or fact and driven by fear. A lot of what they could do and not what they are going to do.

Like I said people cried for track and trace, impossible to run track without some element of give and take.

The inner most secrets of my life are not secret, they are just spread round various institutions so for the government to know where I am does not worry me, that's no naive its not caring

Reality is tech companies know a lot more about us than the government can. 99.9% of us are irrelevant for data to be really valuable. Its like the say, sometimes the innocent act guilty and the guilty act innocent

Last edited:

No, I don't think any government ever intend to misuse their powers when they're first given.

They just always end up doing so.

Reminds me of how things were back in the 1990s...

Everybody knew this would happen.

Brain dead decision - telling people more restrictions are going to be coming will just mean more people going out for one last time.

its complete miss management

Either say pubs can open till 12 and Restaurants 10 or vice versa - to split it up if you insist on having a pointless curfew

Unless your phone is registered in a fake name or you're on a 3210 pay as you go then the phone companies know exactly where you are 99% of the time, your bank card on contactless for the tube etc will fill in the blanks. Fact is if they really need to it's not hard to identify someones movements, this app just makes it a little easier.

I'm generally protective of my date but doesn't seem that big a deal to me to download it, nothing is shared that I'm not already sharing with other apps that have even less safeguards in place.

Unless your phone is registered in a fake name or you're on a 3210 pay as you go then the phone companies know exactly where you are 99% of the time, your bank card on contactless for the tube etc will fill in the blanks. Fact is if they really need to it's not hard to identify someones movements, this app just makes it a little easier.

I'm generally protective of my date but doesn't seem that big a deal to me to download it, nothing is shared that I'm not already sharing with other apps that have even less safeguards in place.

Exactly, I would hazard that most people have location setting on full time on their phone most of the time too. If you did a self analysis of where you data sits in the world, places you have given it out, what you use daily the you would realise this.

Alot of the fear comes from this mid 20th century fiction that the government are somehow going to manipulate your mind by using your data or we are going to be down old gravel pits digging for precious metals for the state.

Like most things people say they are worried but dont articulate what they are actually worried about they are just worried for irrational reasons or anger. Except for @scaramanga who at least clears up his hesitations

Last edited:
Back