• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

It is but its the worst cases again the largest percentages are fine

Look I'm not down playing down the fact people are dying but all data points towards what has been spoken about for days on here.

What's telling for me is that this week a whole host of football related cases came to light including men like Moyes and Warnock in their later years and all the talk has been about the inconvenient time to football, not one story wishing well or worry about recovery, fans are not outside the clubs lighting candles and holding prayers for their recovery. Even on sky there are no repeating ticker on it

Leyton Orient has nearly half its squad laid up and there is not the slightest worry that they will recover. If all the worst case scenarios were common that wouldn't be the case.

I'm not playing it down at all there just has to be more realism

Yet we know nothing about long term effects. Some people with serious cases have needed lung transplants, others still feel fatigue and breathing difficulty after 'recovering.'

Viruses are weird. Once you have them, they can hang around in the body and never truly go away.

No one knows what kind of long term health effects this will cause... That's a big reason to avoid getting it, in my opinion anyway.

I don’t disagree overall. It’s the lack of strategy that is the problem for me.

I completely supported the first lockdown. I felt it was necessary to buy time; to find out what we could about the virus; and to have a chance to develop some treatments, thus saving thousands of lives. We’ve done those things.

My own feeling is that what we need to do now needs to be more nuanced. However, there is no sign of that - or of any real plan, just more desperate short-term decisions in a similar vein to those I’ve been moaning about on here since the first week of this pandemic.

And, as we continue in that vein, I’m not at all convinced that we won’t see hospitals begin to really struggle in a few weeks time; at which point there will be a strong public case advanced for another full lockdown.

There is still no effective track and trace; we lack sufficient tests to allow schools to function normally; there is no plan to shield those of working age who are vulnerable. And, despite what plenty on here say, the government’s poor management of it all from day one has created a climate of distrust in them - and worry about the virus - which means the economy has no chance of a return to near normal until a vaccine arrives.

Went out for dinner and drinks last night
fudge me everywhere is such a hassle now with so much faffing around before you can even sit down
These new restrictions it will 100% stop people from even wanting to I think

I have just had a chance to catch up with the details of the new scheme and its not very good.

Viable jobs only, lots of jobs are currently not viable because the Gov has shut them down

Arts/Clubs/Cinemas etc - nothing to help them - all viable - all the stuff will be let go - Down to Go restrictions

Its makes no sense to keep full time staff over part time stuff if you need to cut heads

Nothing for Tourism/Aviation/Hospitality/Airports - again all viable - staff will be cut - Gov shut down.

The Government has taken no responsibility for the damage they are doing.

I don’t disagree overall. It’s the lack of strategy that is the problem for me.

I completely supported the first lockdown. I felt it was necessary to buy time; to find out what we could about the virus; and to have a chance to develop some treatments, thus saving thousands of lives. We’ve done those things.

My own feeling is that what we need to do now needs to be more nuanced. However, there is no sign of that - or of any real plan, just more desperate short-term decisions in a similar vein to those I’ve been moaning about on here since the first week of this pandemic.

And, as we continue in that vein, I’m not at all convinced that we won’t see hospitals begin to really struggle in a few weeks time; at which point there will be a strong public case advanced for another full lockdown.

There is still no effective track and trace; we lack sufficient tests to allow schools to function normally; there is no plan to shield those of working age who are vulnerable. And, despite what plenty on here say, the government’s poor management of it all from day one has created a climate of distrust in them - and worry about the virus - which means the economy has no chance of a return to near normal until a vaccine arrives.

There is no strategy, and what more yesterday we saw Rishi publicly go against Johnsons advice by saying we need to stop being scared and get out there - Rishi was given 2 days to come up with the above - but given what has been announced, I wonder if we are seeing the first moves to get more of the public to turn against Johnson and the first steps of planning to oust him

We are starting to see backlash from back benchers against Johnson over this mess - they are sick of him (not sure what they thought would happen) They have one answer to everything - lockdown.

The current one is a shambles - shut the pubs at 10?

1. There is no science to back this up
2. What happens when everyone leaves at the same time? How is that better than shutting at 2 and staggering it?

It is just an easy target and and easy age bracket to blame.

Went out for dinner and drinks last night
fudge me everywhere is such a hassle now with so much faffing around before you can even sit down
These new restrictions it will 400% stop people from even wanting to I think

Its lockdown by default.

Yet we know nothing about long term effects. Some people with serious cases have needed lung transplants, others still feel fatigue and breathing difficulty after 'recovering.'

Viruses are weird. Once you have them, they can hang around in the body and never truly go away.

No one knows what kind of long term health effects this will cause... That's a big reason to avoid getting it, in my opinion anyway.

The symptoms this GP has noticed are rather like what I suffered at university in 1996, when a law student from India brought back a strain of influenza that none of us Brits had immunity to... hopefully the sheer number of people affected by this pandemic might prompt some research which leads to a breakthrough in this area of immunology...

So we don’t end up with thousands more lumbered with PVFS / ME diagnosis and unable to ever get back to their previously healthy exercise levels.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/09/0...t-try-and-dominate-this-virus-accommodate-it/

It is lockdown by default great term by @Legohamster

The issue with government support now is that many companies have already blinked and laid off staff so its late. Additionally for many, without the chance to work their way out of trouble its almost unemployment benefit whilst working because there are no long term prospects to keep your jobs. Its slow death.

Like I said I would prefer to see relaxing of working rules rather than money, give us 3 months to try and work up a head of steam before the new year

No
I think it works it out when you log into somewhere else

See people panic buying in Supermarkets again, total fudgewits

So I could be told to isolate if I am in somewhere hours earlier or later?

yep, and limits put on purchases.

what you expect with the scaremongering

So I could be told to isolate if I am in somewhere hours earlier or later?

yep, and limits put on purchases.

what you expect with the scaremongering

I think it uses bluetooth to work out your proximity to others so assume it's clever enough to know if you've left hours before because your bluetooth wouldn't have come into contact with the infected person.

I have just had a chance to catch up with the details of the new scheme and its not very good.
Sunak did incredibly well with the first scheme but this one makes no sense.

If my turnover cuts to a third, I won't keep everyone on for a third of the time and then pay them more to sit at home. I'll pay a third of the workforce to work the whole week.

If my turnover cuts to a third, I won't keep everyone on for a third of the time and then pay them more to sit at home. I'll pay a third of the workforce to work the whole week.

It seems like a half arsed attempt done in protest - which i sort of agree with

The original worked for us in the fact we did not have enough work to go round anyway so the new scheme does not work for us, but as I say its not the scheme we want, we want the opportunity for those who want to work to work and to cultivate a pipeline of business and we want to be able to support people who are struggling at home to find a way back to work.

I like what Sunak has done, I dont lay any blame at his door. The problem is for him is that the governments plan to have us back out working in October did not match his financial package, as far as he is concerned he has done his part. I think this scheme is more about realising whats left in their coffers than trying to cause us a problem

I am not sure thats true, I agree with the bulk of your post sorry for cutting it down but its stuff I agree with.

With this distrust part I am not sure, if there was distrust and people were worried about the virus they would not be moaning about early closing of the pubs. There seems to me to be this trend developing where people are more than happy to take a risk for their recreation but less so for work which I suppose is natural in normal times but seems to exist still during the pandemic. And thats not just reserved to the pub goers its reported daily about people going out and about doing their thing. Look at football and the hospitality industries and their patrons, all demanding to reopen, if there was a fear football fans would not want to go back just because its football and the millions of football fans are as much of society as anyone so I just dont see this blanket of fear.

I am not denying there are those fearful of the virus, there is no doubt but I dont think there is a blanket fear in the UK which comes from the government dilly dallying, what there is from their poor management is frustration, without doubt, frustration I have vented for weeks haha.

Really. I think its civic duty for us to do it.

What is your specific concern?

Distrust of governments in general, particularly their ability to produce secure digital applications.

Whether through incompetence or more sinister means.

Back