• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Well at worse he infected 2 other people he was isolating with. I agree lets not get political over this and those protesters might represent a wide range of parties. But they were putting a great deal more lives at risk.

Lets hope there now isolating themselves.
Of course the protesters were putting more people at risk by their sheer numbers.

We have no idea how many people Cummings put at risk because we only have his word for what he did. But the bottom line is the lockdown was there to stop exactly the sort of movement that he chose to carry out. I find it odd to criticise the protesters who are marching about a fundamental societal issue but not Cummings who wanted to go for a jaunt for his wife's birthday while still infectious with a virus that has killed more 40000 people.

I guarantee there's plenty there who were criticising him before they started seeing imaginary racism though. If you genuinely believe nobody there criticised Cummings when it was politically convenient then you're a fool.

We don't know whether they criticised Cummings. Who cares. The government (and yourself) didn't, maintaining Cummings actions were legit. Look no further for the hypocrisy.

Of course the protesters were putting more people at risk by their sheer numbers.

We have no idea how many people Cummings put at risk because we only have his word for what he did. But the bottom line is the lockdown was there to stop exactly the sort of movement that he chose to carry out. I find it odd to criticise the protesters who are marching about a fundamental societal issue but not Cummings who wanted to go for a jaunt for his wife's birthday while still infectious with a virus that has killed more 40000 people.

Because he put at most a few people at risk. The protesters if not isolating when returning home are putting many many many more lives at risk.

Yes their cause is justified more then justified. The 50 or so on brighton seafront today had masks on and were keeping their distance. They had my respect, those ones in London, they dont.

Because he put at most a few people at risk. The protesters if not isolating when returning home are putting many many many more lives at risk.

Yes their cause is justified more then justified. The 50 or so on brighton seafront today had masks on and were keeping their distance. They had my respect, those ones in London, they dont.
But the intent was the same as any individual person leaving their home to attend the protest. The law breaking was the same. I don't see how you can criticise one and not the other.

Last edited:

I agree. I think many of the London ones just don't give a brick about risks they cause to others. Mind you neither did Cummings.

I have a few issues with protesting, none of which are COVID-19 related. It's still a tiny risk and it still doesn't concern me.

Let's not be naive about this - you know full well the kind of people who go to protests. You'll also know that there's plenty there that would have been screaming anger about Cummings in their little echo chamber.

I don't. Please elaborate.

My problems are that they inconvenience proper people trying to go about their day, for starters. They cost us all with an increase in policing and most of them are probably not going to be paying tax. They demean us all as humans with such sheep-like behaviour and they mask real, intelligent discourse on the subject they're campaigning for.

In this case, though my main issue is that plenty of them were making a huge fuss about Cummings risking nobody whatsoever and then risk thousands of people themselves (albeit a tiny risk). They don't get to have both.

"Demean us as humans with sheep-like behaviour"? You DO understand that humans are tribal by nature? You engage in "sheep like behaviour" as do I by supporting a football team. We enjoy the herd. We sing about "wanting to be in that number when the Spurs go marching in" so please, enough of this sanctimonious "sheep" drivel.
As for "most of them probably don't pay tax"
even if it were true (I am certain stats would prove it a pile of brick) , it would still not get close to the amount that many corporations don't pay via loopholes. So again, check the tired stereotype.

We don't know whether they criticised Cummings. Who cares. The government (and yourself) didn't, maintaining Cummings actions were legit. Look no further for the hypocrisy.
No hypocrisy from me at all - I've been very consistent in my not giving a fudge about COVID-19 - if you read and comprehended other people's posts from time to time you'd have known that.

I'm just looking at some of the reported infections of Coronavirus in some of the US states. They have been trending back up since the reopening in May and looks like the 2nd wave is about to kick into gear in these states. Frightening.

I don't. Please elaborate.
Many are the very shoe scrapings of society.

The ones who have failed to achieve any of the greatness they assumed would just fall into their laps so now they're angry with the world. They're especially prevalent in such ill-defined protests as this, as they know they hate "the system" or "the man" and they know that their own lack of success must somehow be blamed on them, they just can't pinpoint exactly what the system has done to them.

So once Twitter thinks for them and tells them "the system" is somehow racist, it's the perfect chance to show their anger. Perfect time to smash brick up and fudge up everyone's day because there's finally something they can pin on "the man"

Unfortunately, the argument doesn't stand much scrutiny. Ask them precisely who the racists they're protesting against are and you'll get some loose concepts but no actual people. They're protesting against a racist government - ask them which member of the government has shown themselves to be racist and they struggle. They're protesting against Officer Chauvin - well he's a few thousands miles away, facing murder charges and has done nothing to give us reason to believe he's racist. So they're protesting against the police - surely they're racist. Again ask them to point out a racist policeman and they can't. We only have one policeman on this forum that I know of and he's definitely not racist.

But, but gammon! Brexit! Racist! Well. I suppose Brexit could possibly be viewed as racist in some kind of very skewed dislike of mainly white, privileged people from a disparate set of 27 countries.

They're the results of what social media has done to damage proper discourse. People who are (just about) able to speak in slogans and abstract concepts, but unable to apply them to the real world in which they cannot relate.

Last edited:
"Demean us as humans with sheep-like behaviour"? You DO understand that humans are tribal by nature?
I understand humans were. We can always evolve past such base behaviour.

"
You engage in "sheep like behaviour" as do I by supporting a football team. We enjoy the herd. We sing about "wanting to be in that number when the Spurs go marching in" so please, enough of this sanctimonious "sheep" drivel.
Not me. I don't watch football to be a part of some collective - why would I dilute what's me by associating with others in that way?

"
As for "most of them probably don't pay tax"
even if it were true (I am certain stats would prove it a pile of brick) , it would still not get close to the amount that many corporations don't pay via loopholes. So again, check the tired stereotype.
I have no issue with corporations using what our taxation laws actually are to calculate their tax bills. Why would anyone pay more than they legally have to?

I understand humans were. We can always evolve past such base behaviour.

Not me. I don't watch football to be a part of some collective - why would I dilute what's me by associating with others in that way?

I have no issue with corporations using what our taxation laws actually are to calculate their tax bills. Why would anyone pay more than they legally have to?

Your denials -and stark denials at that- speak volumes.

Many are the very shoes scrapings of society.

The ones who have failed to achieve any of the greatness they assumed would just fall into their laps so now they're angry with the world. They're especially prevalent in such ill-defined protests as this, as they know they hate "the system" or "the man" and they know that their own lack of success must somehow be blamed on them, they just can't pinpoint exactly what the system has done to them.

So once Twitter thinks for them and tells them "the system" is somehow racist, it's the perfect chance to show their anger. Perfect time to smash brick up and fudge up everyone's day because there's finally something they can finally pin something that wrong on "the man"

Unfortunately, the argument doesn't stand much scrutiny. Ask them precisely who the racists they're protesting against are and you'll get some loose concepts but no actual people. They're protesting against a racist government - ask them which member of the government has shown themselves to be racist and they struggle. They're protesting against Officer Chauvin - well he's a few thousands miles away, facing murder charges and has done nothing to give us reason to believe he's racist. So they're protesting against the police - surely they're racist. Again ask them to point out a racist policeman and they can't. We only have one policeman on this forum that I know of and he's definitely not racist.

But, but gammon! Brexit! Racist! Well. I suppose Brexit could possibly be viewed as racist in some kind of very skewed dislike of mainly white, privileged people from a disparate set of 27 countries.

They're the results of what social media has done to damage proper discourse. People who are (just about) able to speak in slogans and abstract concepts, but unable to apply them to the real world to which they cannot relate.

Laughable.
Seriously laughable.
I wouldn't even begin to try and engage you in a discussion about what defines "success" because you clearly lack the necessary scope to have one.

With regards to your other bilious, narrow-minded outbursts and conclusions, they speak loudly for themselves.

Your social and societal myopia remains staggering, almost matched by your starkly belligerent belief that any opinion other than yours is itself a form of 'lower class ignorance'.
What I must give you, though, is you do not hide. I invited you to elaborate and you did precisely that, with apparent gusto. That is something to be appreciated. Genuinely.

No hypocrisy from me at all - I've been very consistent in my not giving a fudge about COVID-19 - if you read and comprehended other people's posts from time to time you'd have known that.

You are fine with people protesting potentially prolonging lockdown. Madness.

Then are those protesting predominately the embittered, not as successful as they'd like soles you understand, or kids in their teens and twenties?

You are fine with people protesting potentially prolonging lockdown. Madness.

Then are those protesting predominately the embittered, not as successful as they'd like soles you understand, or kids in their teens and twenties?
Both. Underachievement doesn't have a minimum age limit.

And yes, I'm happy with them choosing to take whatever risks they want - that's what freedom is.

But the intent was the same as any individual person leaving their home to attend the protest. The law breaking was the same. I don't see how you can criticise one and not the other.

Because of the risk their posing to the population through infection. Their cause is justified, in normal times i would not bat an eyelid just avoid central London.

Laughable.
Seriously laughable.
I wouldn't even begin to try and engage you in a discussion about what defines "success" because you clearly lack the necessary scope to have one.

With regards to your other bilious, narrow-minded outbursts and conclusions, they speak loudly for themselves.

Your social and societal myopia remains staggering, almost matched by your starkly belligerent belief that any opinion other than yours is itself a form of 'lower class ignorance'.
What I must give you, though, is you do not hide. I invited you to elaborate and you did precisely that, with apparent gusto. That is something to be appreciated. Genuinely.
You've pretty much summed up existence there.

Back