• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

More like being able to judge who is a more reliable source when experts differ so wildly in their opinions.
Science adequacy science?

Isn't the WHO lady just commenting on recent 'detailed' studies that could well show that asymptomatic spread is very low?

And the 'smart person' (whomever that is:)) was basing their conclusion (some time ago) based on? Hopefully not the BCHS.

Off the top of my head:
  1. Alternate days so that all kids get at least some time in school
  2. Double-shift the school day - half on an 0800-1230 shift and half on 1230-1730
  3. Use sports halls, assembly hall, canteens, playgrounds/fields in the summer to increase space
  4. Extend the term through the summer holidays to make up for lost ground to date and through these measures
There's a lot that can be done and that took all of 30 seconds to consider. I'm sure the great minds running the teaching unions can come up with even more clever ideas should they wish to.
Pretty sure teachers aren't contracted through the summer holidays. So rather than change the rules, how do you get all primary age children back in school for a month before the summer hols, as promised, how do you feed them and allow them to exercise, when you can only allow 15 in a class and you've covered the hall and playing fields (lol) in temporary buildings you don't have teachers for?

Pretty sure teachers aren't contracted through the summer holidays. So rather than change the rules, how do you get all primary age children back in school for a month before the summer hols, as promised, how do you feed them and allow them to exercise, when you can only allow 15 in a class and you've covered the hall and playing fields (lol) in temporary buildings you don't have teachers for?
They eat at their desks and they exercise at home - that's better than we currently have. Teacher numbers aren't an issue - each class of 30 has a teacher and an assistant.

Teachers will just have to suck it up - we're all in this together remember? Even if some refuse it will at least give the govt a short list of those who need to be looking for new careers once this is over.

Too many "in power" are spending more time worrying about the political and judicial fallout from their miss handling of this pandemic than are even pretending to sort it.

images
or
images

Off the top of my head:
  1. Alternate days so that all kids get at least some time in school
  2. Double-shift the school day - half on an 0800-1230 shift and half on 1230-1730
  3. Use sports halls, assembly hall, canteens, playgrounds/fields in the summer to increase space
  4. Extend the term through the summer holidays to make up for lost ground to date and through these measures
There's a lot that can be done and that took all of 30 seconds to consider. I'm sure the great minds running the teaching unions can come up with even more clever ideas should they wish to.

Lets just call it as it is. They dont want to go back before September.

personally, I don't want my kids going back until I perceive it's as safe as it was before coronavirus arrived, I wouldn't have sent them back in June/July anyway, I'm not having them be guinea pigs

Last edited:
personally, I don't want my kids going back until I perceive it's as safe as it was before coronavirus arrived, I wouldn't have sent them back in June/July anyway, I'm not having them be guinea pigs

The is a tiny tiny risk to kids so little it is almost nonexistent.

Yet them not going back puts further risk to the economy and destroys even more lives. I guess people like @scaramanga and i are more caring and compassionate and care more about society than the individual.

The is a tiny tiny risk to kids so little it is almost nonexistent.

Yet them not going back puts further risk to the economy and destroys even more lives. I guess people like @scaramanga and i are more caring and compassionate and care more about society than the individual.

I care more about society than the individual in theory, not when it’s specific individuals close to me.

My housemate is a teacher at a primary with a significant proportion of key worker kids in a low income area.
They have appx 10% of kids in.

You just wait! There will be a countrywide uproar when to waiter finally give us the bill for all this!
This govt will give us the bill. It will use it as a political excuse for any cuts it wants and pass the bill on to the next Govt - a post Brexit, post CVD 19 election is not one the Tories will want to win.

This govt will give us the bill. It will use it as a political excuse for any cuts it wants and pass the bill on to the next Govt - a post Brexit, post CVD 19 election is not one the Tories will want to win.

Course it will pass the bill, not like it never wasn’t, people were accepting of that at the start, happy to accept the £2500 a month furlough payment, then you have to accept that there will be an increase in taxation later on down the line.

Just means we have to reel our necks in later on for better of the country by

Back