• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Some people were complaining.....they caved in

A 'backed by science' cave in.

I think Johnson and the government have not been tough enough, they want to be seen as nice guys. But sometimes toughness is what is needed like the communist countries were used to in the past. Think they dropped the ball to be honest, get people back to work sure but keep the social distancing going outside of work.

You sure it was the source used by the Mirror? The journalist who did the story has said it is not.

Ey? Not sure I follow?

I don't read the Mirror so I just had a click on their Website, see there is a story from someone saying they 100% saw him and he was in a group?

Our eldest goes back to school in 25 minutes
Literally buzzing, it's been a real struggle to home school here for the past 10 weeks as she puts in literally zero effort
It will be good for her to see some of her friends though and give us a break for 2.5 hours, 4 times a week !!

I think Johnson and the government have not been tough enough, they want to be seen as nice guys. But sometimes toughness is what is needed like the communist countries were used to in the past. Think they dropped the ball to be honest, get people back to work sure but keep the social distancing going outside of work.

I think it's as much about social management of the situation now as it is about science. The lockdown was coming apart, I don't think the government had much viable choice but to relax it down. Agree that a lack of toughness earlier on probably contributed to the situation.

QPR not happy that the EFL is restarting.

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos -
“I am absolutely stunned by this announcement, as is our director of football Les Ferdinand and manager Mark Warburton. Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors’ working group by the divisional representatives — or anyone else in the Football League — regarding this matter."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52875186

QPR not happy that the EFL is restarting.

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos -
“I am absolutely stunned by this announcement, as is our director of football Les Ferdinand and manager Mark Warburton. Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors’ working group by the divisional representatives — or anyone else in the Football League — regarding this matter."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52875186

Anyone moaning about starting up with all the testing etc is agenda driven.

556 further deaths to report today but the recording measure was suddenly changed this morning; the cynical might think that was so that the official figure of deaths given (111) doesn’t conflict with the easing of lockdown narrative.

At the press briefing, Peter Pandemic was asked if the Joint Biosecurity Unit exists yet - it’s “in the process of being set up.” So, no it doesn’t exist then, despite us being told a couple of weeks ago it was vital to have it up and running prior to easing lockdown restrictions if we were to prevent a second wave.

He was also unable to give us any figures at all for “our world-class track and trace system”; the slide tracking the R rate had mysteriously disappeared, as had the one showing that we were still at alert level 4 - as in no restrictions should yet be lifted.

But the football will be back soon, and you can go to the beach and have a BBQ.

No wonder governments in this country spend so little on education.

I think it's as much about social management of the situation now as it is about science. The lockdown was coming apart, I don't think the government had much viable choice but to relax it down. Agree that a lack of toughness earlier on probably contributed to the situation.

SAGE advised the government early on that a lockdown in the style of France etc where you need a paper slip when leaving the house shouldn't be implemented, was in one of the papers released lately.

They got one thing correct and that is the only a certain amount of time people will take in quarantine.

556 further deaths to report today but the recording measure was suddenly changed this morning; the cynical might think that was so that the official figure of deaths given (111) doesn’t conflict with the easing of lockdown narrative.

At the press briefing, Peter Pandemic was asked if the Joint Biosecurity Unit exists yet - it’s “in the process of being set up.” So, no it doesn’t exist then, despite us being told a couple of weeks ago it was vital to have it up and running prior to easing lockdown restrictions if we were to prevent a second wave.

He was also unable to give us any figures at all for “our world-class track and trace system”; the slide tracking the R rate had mysteriously disappeared, as had the one showing that we were still at alert level 4 - as in no restrictions should yet be lifted.

But the football will be back soon, and you can go to the beach and have a BBQ.

No wonder governments in this country spend so little on education.

They were back dated from a month ago I believe?

Back