• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Or stand up for what they believe.

I wouldn't quit because it was difficult, I'd quit because it's wrong. There's a Godwin somewhere about "just following orders" but I suspect you've heard that plenty in your line of work.

Who left shopping at his door and, at worst, may have had to look after a child that had nobody else to look after them.

It's what I would have done in his position, as would many others, I suspect.
This post just makes you sound silly and naive and I know you’re not either. Anyway I’m out.

it’s politics and it’s the ones that claim to be non political that are using it most.

No one asking for Cummings to be sacked jumped up and down for Grealish or Walker to be sacked even though their rule breaking was blatant and in Grealish more likely to cause accident as he was drunk driving.

For me that’s double standards driven by politics as in my book the crimes should punished by the same standard not by who the person is.

It wouldn't be so bad if clams like Cummings weren't making so many value judgements about some of the most vulnerable in society. This clam makes value judgements about the unemployed, the homeless and the elderly and we can see it in the policies of the government. So, I am quite happy to judge him, the fudging arse hole!

Wouldn’t bother me like when I defended the bird from the SNP and I hate the SNP so unless my wish for seeing in the future was granted and I used her issue as a pre method to defend Cummings then you are wrong.

Corbyn was up for being slaughtered for a lot worse and that’s from a Labour supporter and he paid his price so it irrelevant.

There is just a nature in this country where the negative lot get more veneer than compassion and it sells to the press, it’s sad but it’s true. “Sack em sack em” is the UKs response to everything sadly.

I prefer to treat people the same and I haven’t heard of many people being sacked for not following guidelines, even drunk footballers who broke the rules managed to avoid the sack.

I doubt the police and public were ensuring the sack for the weekend beach dwellers, so why Cummings? Because he is in government? So what I don’t buy that “because he is the example” that’s not in his contract that’s not in others, we all create the example, it’s just lazy.

Draw a line under it an move on, nothing else happens other than initial hot air and fake fury. That only lasts so long.

This is why public confidence in our institutions are in free fall. There was a time when there were standards for those in public life. Clearly that is not the case now, see Johnson and Trump. So, this is why politicians are meant to be held to higher standards than footballers, and rightly so. Of course they would be if they were Labour!

This is why public confidence in our institutions are in free fall. There was a time when there were standards for those in public life. Clearly that is not the case now, see Johnson and Trump. So, this is why politicians are meant to be held to higher standards than footballers, and rightly so. Of course they would be if they were Labour!
Throughout the history of politics, politicians have been having affairs, speeding, doing all kinds of "wrong" things that have no bearing on us and should be of no interest to the public.

Unfortunately the twitterisation of politics has spread political discussion beyond those with the requisite cognitive agility. This means it's been reduced to finger pointing, angry shouting and faux outrage.

At worst he broke a minor, pointless rule that rarely (if ever) ends up in a small fine. It's nothing, get on with your lives, I'm sure you all have more important things to think about.

Throughout the history of politics, politicians have been having affairs, speeding, doing all kinds of "wrong" things that have no bearing on us and should be of no interest to the public.

Unfortunately the twitterisation of politics has spread political discussion beyond those with the requisite cognitive agility. This means it's been reduced to finger pointing, angry shouting and faux outrage.

At worst he broke a minor, pointless rule that rarely (if ever) ends up in a small fine. It's nothing, get on with your lives, I'm sure you all have more important things to think about.

If his initial response had been, “yeah, I was wrong, I’ll pay the fine”, that would have been end of story.

Have to say working for the civil service and seeing all the things that have to change there the tweet sent and deleted was clearly the fastest they have reacted to anything in this country - it’s borderline impressive

they hate hate hate Cummings as he is making them more accountable and getting them working in the real world... and they couldn’t have done anything on Friday as most were off for the queens birthday don’t forget

If his initial response had been, “yeah, I was wrong, I’ll pay the fine”, that would have been end of story.
Why would he when it's clearly such a grey area?

Far more concerning in all of this is the fact that the inhabitants of our once proud, independent country appear to have bowed their heads and acted like cattle. We appear to have just accepted the rules as unbendable and unbreakable with little to no discourse whatsoever. Until the outrage over this, I assumed everyone was bending the rules to suit them - I find it greatly concerning that they weren't.

Why would he when it's clearly such a grey area?

Far more concerning in all of this is the fact that the inhabitants of our once proud, independent country appear to have bowed their heads and acted like cattle. We appear to have just accepted the rules as unbendable and unbreakable with little to no discourse whatsoever. Until the outrage over this, I assumed everyone was bending the rules to suit them - I find it greatly concerning that they weren't.

it wasn't a grey area at all, there were clear guidelines, if you have symptoms stay at home

how much discourse was required when the threat was so obvious, we could all see what was happening in China and Italy?

you sound a bit like Mark Francois there

Back