• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

Jermaine Jackson. Brilliant

jermaine_jackson_1110342.jpg

Maybe not impressed was too harsh. He does put them in off course .
What we need is a striker that is hardworking and has great movement in tight situations to create his own chances. Neymar's goal for instance.

We have Bale who is Neymar's equal IMO...we need a 9.

Neymar doesn't need to prove anything to his Barca colleagues now.
If he and Messi strikes It off they are going to break all kinds of records.

neymar is great but i dont feel im watching greatness when i watch him, i get the same feeling when i watch a bale or a robben, when I watch Messi or Ronaldo I know im watching something special.. one in generation players which is why we're lucky we have 2.

Remember that Neymar is only 21. I'm not sure Ronaldo looked like a "one in a generation" player at that age either, at least not consistently.

Fantastic performance from Brazil. I thought Spain did alright too actually, there were some marginal situations in this game and once Brazil got their momentum they were about has hard to stop as Hulk when he gets going.

Remember that Neymar is only 21. I'm not sure Ronaldo looked like a "one in a generation" player at that age either, at least not consistently.

Fantastic performance from Brazil. I thought Spain did alright too actually, there were some marginal situations in this game and once Brazil got their momentum they were about has hard to stop as Hulk when he gets going.

Which Ronaldo? The Brazilian one? He had been crowned world player of the year already at 21!

Don't just focusing on Neymar's dribble and tricks. Take a look to his chance creating and passing then you will find out why all the top clubs want him.

Neymar doesn't need to prove anything to his Barca colleagues now.
If he and Messi strikes It off they are going to break all kinds of records.

I suspect neymar wants to be the next "great" a la messi, ronaldo(brazil), pele, maradona.
ie. more than just a iniesta, lampard etc status of player.
and at the very minimum at least hit the heights of a zidane, ronaldinho, t.henry, c.ronaldo etc

i think its almost impossible for any team to make two players look so great. at one stage messi will have to leave for neymar to shine imo. or neymar needs to be so great that barcelona adapt their game around him and not messi.

i guess my point is, i dont think both messi and neymar will both individually be putting up the kind of stats that c.ronaldo and messi have been doing (in terms of goals and assists) over the past few years.
i think a good comparison is zidane and henry for france. both never really shined completely at the same time periods highlighted by the fact that zidane has never got an assist for henry (i'm cant verify this, but i think i read this somewhere - someone please confirm or deny if they know).

I suspect neymar wants to be the next "great" a la messi, ronaldo(brazil), pele, maradona.
ie. more than just a iniesta, lampard etc status of player.
and at the very minimum at least hit the heights of a zidane, ronaldinho, t.henry, c.ronaldo etc

i think its almost impossible for any team to make two players look so great. at one stage messi will have to leave for neymar to shine imo. or neymar needs to be so great that barcelona adapt their game around him and not messi.

i guess my point is, i dont think both messi and neymar will both individually be putting up the kind of stats that c.ronaldo and messi have been doing (in terms of goals and assists) over the past few years.
i think a good comparison is zidane and henry for france. both never really shined completely at the same time periods highlighted by the fact that zidane has never got an assist for henry (i'm cant verify this, but i think i read this somewhere - someone please confirm or deny if they know).

Iniesta the same status as Lampard? Wow. Iniesta deserves to be mentioned in the same bracket as at least Cristiano or Henry.

Zidane took the freekick which assisted Henry's goal v Brazil.
I'd argue that Xavi and Iniesta have both looked 'great' in the same team.

Ronaldo, Zidane at Real. Two greats in the same team.

Which Ronaldo? The Brazilian one? He had been crowned world player of the year already at 21!

This! As a teenager Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima scored 54 goals in 57 games for PSV Eindhoven then followed that up with 47 goals in 49 games for Barcelona on his way to becoming the youngest ever FIFA World Player of the Year whilst just 20 years of age!

By far the most prodigiously talented young footballer I've witnessed in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Iniesta the same status as Lampard? Wow. Iniesta deserves to be mentioned in the same bracket as at least Cristiano or Henry.

Zidane took the freekick which assisted Henry's goal v Brazil.
I'd argue that Xavi and Iniesta have both looked 'great' in the same team.

Ronaldo, Zidane at Real. Two greats in the same team.

oh yh, i remeber that henry goal too now.
in terms of how lampard is recognised by the global football fan, i would say he is right up there with iniesta in terms of their overall footballing achievements. if i had to guess, i probably have similar views to you that lampard being on par with iniesta is a bit wrong. but thats how i beleive the world perceives the players. you could even put beckham with lampard and iniesta too, which is ridiculous imo.

when ronaldo was at real, he wasnt the same ronaldo of barcelona or psv. he wasnt the same teenager who was winning world player of the years for fun. a great player still no doubt, but by the time he was at real madrid, he was no longer on the same level of zidane, henry, ronaldinho, and even himself in his pomp, let alone pele, maradona, messi.

IMO the South African World Cup was a let down football wise and the match day atmospheres I also found nauseating. But at this Confederation tournament, I feel we've just witnessed some cracking games and the crowds have been brilliant. I know the pressures or a Confederation tournament and a World Cup are miles apart but I'm optimistic that next summer we will see a spectacle , a World Cup that will live long in the memory.

If Brazil don't suffer injuries to key players I'm making them my strong favourites. I think only they themselves, if they were to get over confident that is , will we see them not being crowned world champions next year. Also in Brazil the 12th man will be a huge factor . I think if another team were to win the world cup next year, then they will have to beat Brazil and the home crowd.

Lastly , I'm a republican as are so many of our population and I sometimes wonder if the British national anthem puts some of us off supporting England as we should. Just looking and hearing how the Braziians sung their anthem with such gusto had me so envious. Their anthem, apart from a line or two, is a pride in a people and it's land, whilst ours is a subservience to a ruling family. Just saying 8-[

The peaceful banks of the Ipiranga
Heard the resounding cry of a heroic people,
And the dazzling rays of the sun of liberty
Bathed our country in their brilliant light.If with strong arm we have succeeded
In winning a pledge of equality,
In your bosom, oh liberty,
Our hearts will defy death itself!Oh adored Fatherland,
Cherished and revered,
All Hail! All Hail

Brazil, a sublime dream, a vivid ray
Of love and hope to earth descends, and
Where in your clear, pure, beauteous skies
The image of the Southern Cross shines forth.

Oh country vast by nature,
Fair and strong, a brave colossus,
Your future mirrors this greatness.

Oh land adored
Above all others,
It’s you, Brazil,

Beloved fatherland!
You are the gentle mother
of the children of this soil,
Beloved land,
Brazil!

Laid out eternally in the
splendor of nature,
In the sound of the sea and the light of heaven,
May you shine, oh Brazil, flower of America,
Illumined by the sun of the New World!

More flowers put forth in your fair,
smiling fields
Than in the most gorgeously
reputed lands;

“More life is to be found in our groves,”
“More love in our lives” in your embrace.

Oh adored Fatherland,
Cherished and revered,
All Hail! All Hail!

May the star-scattered banner flown by you,
Brazil, become a symbol of eternal love,
And may the green-gold flag proclaim always
- Peace in the future and glory in the past -

But if the mighty sword of justice is drawn forth,
You will perceive your children, who adore you,
Neither fear to fight, nor flee from death itself.

Oh land adored
Above all others,
It’s you, Brazil,
Beloved fatherland!

You are the gentle mother
Of the children of this soil,
Beloved land,
Brazil!

So......One more time =D>\o/

[video=youtube;SyyOahYXhUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SyyOahYXhUQ[/video]

Lastly , I'm a republican as are so many of our population and I sometimes wonder if the British national anthem puts some of us off supporting England as we should. Just looking and hearing how the Braziians sung their anthem with such gusto had me so envious. Their anthem, apart from a line or two, is a pride in a people and it's land, whilst ours is a subservience to a ruling family. Just saying 8-[

Agreed, it really grates me that our national anthem is about GHod and the Queen. Isn't it about time it was changed?

Agreed, it really grates me that our national anthem is about GHod and the Queen. Isn't it about time it was changed?

pride in the country and our fellow countrymen isn't exactly a trait of us English is it? i daren't imagine the type of shambolic anthem we would change it to now if given the chance :lol:

Back