• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Eriksen works in all places when he has smart passing and quick movement around him. I think, ideally, he would be able to drift and switch with a left-sided player at will and choice. When our midfield is not slowed down by ball carries like Dembele, it allows Eriksen to drift into spaces, receive quickly and turn the play. Likewise, Soldado is excellent when Eriksen is free. Chadli is technically strong so hopefully we are now seeing his confidence return to give him the impetus to play faster. One of the reasons I love Bentaleb, and think he is potentially a huge player for us, is that he moves the ball quickly and crisply from deep positions; I think Eriksen benefits greatly from this...

Bentaleb isn't enough to work with Eriksen, he's good, but to me our line up is

Lloris
Back 4
Sandro/Bentaleb
Chadli - Eriksen - +1 (this +1 has to be someone that plays the ball quickly with eye for a pass, ideal world = Lamela)
Ade - Soldado (If both aren't available, play a wide player or maybe Siggy to allow Eriksen to fit behind the main striker)

Bentaleb isn't enough to work with Eriksen, he's good, but to me our line up is

Lloris
Back 4
Sandro/Bentaleb
Chadli - Eriksen - +1 (this +1 has to be someone that plays the ball quickly with eye for a pass, ideal world = Lamela)
Ade - Soldado (If both aren't available, play a wide player or maybe Siggy to allow Eriksen to fit behind the main striker)

I think Lamela would be an excellent choice if he's confident and firing well...love Sandro, right now I think Bentaleb's looking great, but would only play one of Sandro/Bentaleb in order to get Ade and Soldado in the side together...

BBC Sport - Premier League: Garth Crooks's Team of the Week
MIDFIELDER - Christian Eriksen (Tottenham)

Whatever you may think of Spurs manager Tim Sherwood's method of persuasion, he certainly gets a reaction from his players. He's got Emmanuel Adebayor playing again and if Tottenham's comeback performance against Southampton is anything to go by he's now got Christian Eriksen playing out of his skin and scoring goals. Whatever next, a Roberto Soldado hat trick?

Did you know? Eriksen's brace against Southampton was the first time he'd ever scored more than once in a league game for Ajax or Spurs.

=D>

such a shame he didnt net a hattrick....the ball from Kaboul and the way Eriksen brought it down whilst running at full speed was wonderful to watch. Just lacked the finish

Christian Eriksen makes Garth Crooks's Premier League Team of the Week

MIDFIELDER - Christian Eriksen (Tottenham)

Whatever you may think of Spurs manager Tim Sherwood's method of persuasion, he certainly gets a reaction from his players.

He's got Emmanuel Adebayor playing again and if Tottenham's comeback performance against Southampton is anything to go by he's now got Christian Eriksen playing out of his skin and scoring goals.

Whatever next, a Roberto Soldado hat-trick?

Did you know?

Eriksen's brace against Southampton was the first time he'd scored more than once in a league game for Ajax or Spurs.

Team of the Week

Perhaps Crooks has forgotten that Soldado has already scored a hat-trick for Spurs (against Anzhi Makhachkala)?

Levy must be licking his lips knowing how much he will be able to get for Eriksen in a few years

What you mean few years ? Make it a few months ! I can see a big club bidding 30m for Eriksen at the end of the season. Levy will ask for 40m initially but will settle for 20m instead. That is Levy for you. Until we get an ambitious chairman, we cannot expect to keep our best players.

As for Eriksen, I am begnning to get excited about him. As I said in another thread, only VDV and Bale has scored more goals from midfield than him in the last 10 years or so. Wish we can keep him long term.

What you mean few years ? Make it a few months ! I can see a big club bidding 30m for Eriksen at the end of the season. Levy will ask for 40m initially but will settle for 20m instead. That is Levy for you. Until we get an ambitious chairman, we cannot expect to keep our best players.

As for Eriksen, I am begnning to get excited about him. As I said in another thread, only VDV and Bale has scored more goals from midfield than him in the last 10 years or so. Wish we can keep him long term.

I don't, Eriksen would have to play out of his skin for the rest of season

The fact that we have been poor and the team is struggling to have any rhythm at all makes it unlikely any big bids will come in this summer.

With a good coach, good system and an intelligent player next to him next season, he will shine and I can see another Modric/Bale saga next summer.

If it is ambitious chairman you are after, 'appen we could get Peter Ridsdale in.

I don't, Eriksen would have to play out of his skin for the rest of season

The fact that we have been poor and the team is struggling to have any rhythm at all makes it unlikely any big bids will come in this summer.

With a good coach, good system and an intelligent player next to him next season, he will shine and I can see another Modric/Bale saga next summer.
agree with all that.....what is he , 21? i think he will stay for 2 more seasons and then it will be bye bye Christian

@standardsport: #CFC dominate while #THFC's Eriksen shines in our London Team of the Week with @WhoScored http://bit.ly/1iu3Eeg

BjfodEvCIAAAIDf.jpg

lamela + eriksen + soldado will be the fastest attack we ever had.

we need a strong midfield based to pivot from so a defensive midfielder is in order, and perhaps a box to box player to fill in the gaps. and a deeper defensive line would give the boys up front more space to run into. soldado is very good at holding up the ball and creating the chance for others.

Last edited:
lamela + eriksen + soldado will be the fastest attack we ever had.

we need a strong midfield based to pivot from so a defensive midfielder is in order, and perhaps a box to box player to fill in the gaps. and a deeper defensive line would give the boys up front more space to run into. soldado is very good at holding up the ball and creating the chance for others.

Eriksen and Soldado are not particularly fast (Lamela is nippy but wouldn't say he's faster than Lennon or Townsend).

Eriksen and Soldado are not particularly fast (Lamela is nippy but wouldn't say he's faster than Lennon or Townsend).

Consider their technical abilities to make that incisive pass that catches the defence off guard - that will give us the initiative leaving the opponents flat footed. Speed in quality not quantity.

Consider their technical abilities to make that incisive pass that catches the defence off guard - that will give us the initiative leaving the opponents flat footed. Speed in quality not quantity.

This ...

some of the first time touches by Eriksen/Soldado yesterday would have any defense struggling, add another intelligent player to the mix and you get speed of transition to attack (something we have struggled with)

Off topic, but that lay off from Soldado near the end of the first half for Eriksen was beautiful.

Quite a few fans have been talking up how we would be better off playing Lamela and Eriksen off a striker and make the players in the other positions play to their strengths. Who knows, we may see it. Actually have Lamela and Eriksen played in the same team yet?

Off topic, but that lay off from Soldado near the end of the first half for Eriksen was beautiful.

Quite a few fans have been talking up how we would be better off playing Lamela and Eriksen off a striker and make the players in the other positions play to their strengths. Who knows, we may see it. Actually have Lamela and Eriksen played in the same team yet?

Question would be have Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado started a game together, I don't think so, and certainly not with the more settled/improved version of Eriksen

This ...

some of the first time touches by Eriksen/Soldado yesterday would have any defense struggling, add another intelligent player to the mix and you get speed of transition to attack (something we have struggled with)

Okay educate me here please, but whats the evidence that lamela can do this NOW in THIS league?

instead of dropping people in your mind who have served us well, and before the hype train puts too much pressure on the lad , maybe wait and see how he develops in non critical games where he can build his confidence, physical and mental strength up

This boy will be special. Real Spurs player.

He's had talent ever since his younger days at Ajax, a true world class player to be on our hands.

Back