• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I'd like to take credit for this signing.

:lol:

Known about him since late 2010 after that famous scoop turn. When I saw him against United in the Europa League I felt he was a dead cert to become a world class player as he has eveything: touch, vision, dribbling, acceleration, two footed, low centre of gravity etc.

When we signed him I literally clinched my fists and began punching the air, was so happy. My mate knew nothing about Eriksen, whilst we were texting after the game at the Goons I told him this kid was special and will be creative spark.

Have to admit I didn't watch tonight but I don't need to see anymore as I'm already in love with him. A Tottenham player in every sense.

He needs to play the number 10 role. We need someone on the left who can defend.

Couldn't agree more. Think I'd rather see a diamond in the middle though when we're at full fitness

If we could manage to get a decent LB in the summer I'd go with:

Adebayor - Soldado
Eriksen
Bentaleb - Siggurdson
Sandro​

He was at the hub of everything positive tonight and whoever is our coach next year should make getting the most out of him priority #1

Highlight of our season, no doubt. Modric in the making - with better crosses, freekicks and shots. :eek:

He's like a Modric spliced with a little bit of VDV, except VDV's personality fell out when the crazy scientist was making him and ended up in Holtby instead

It's painfully obvious he's devastating on the left and is the king of 'ghosting' into the opposition area undetected. Maybe after goal number 8759656758654644886345364353436745675858597866860 and assist number 78607608967867867859675645634345347646 people will finally stop asking why he plays on the left.

As i've been saying:

-------------------Sandro-------Dembele-------------------

-------------------------Playmaker-------------------------

----Lamela---------------------------------------Eriksen--

--------------------------New/Ade-------------------------

That has absolutely everything. Jeez...Eriksen, Lamela and a playmaker creating for Ade or a new striker? The solid cm pairing of Sandro and Dembele? wowsers.

Highlight of our season, no doubt. Modric in the making - with better crosses, freekicks and shots. :eek:

Totally different players imo. Luka was the starter of an attacking move whilst Eriksen is a player who plays the final ball in (hence more assists) and scores more goals. What we need is quick releaser Luka type player in the centre...

Totally different players imo. Luka was the starter of an attacking move whilst Eriksen is a player who plays the final ball in (hence more assists) and scores more goals. What we need is quick releaser Luka type player in the centre...

You might be right there, but I see potential in Eriksen in that respect too. He doesn't get the chance to do the same as Modric while on the left, but his body movement is often as clever, and the way he receives and anticipates passes has something Modric-esque over it.

I'm wondering if Paulinho will replace Dembele in that proposed line-up.

No...it complicates things and puts emphasis on 'runners' from the middle rather then having a solid base which will in turn allow for the attacking players to get forward and create more. A solid pairing of Dembele and Sandro allows for the playmaker, Eriksen and Lamela to do what they do best...pass and create.

Invisibilinho will be played as a runner from the middle which will mean we only have Sandro as the protector...he's very good but he's not superman. What will happen is the playmaker will then be asked to be slightly withdrawn..more defensive...no thanks.

22, he turned 23 the September after we signed him.

So Eriksen has two years on him almost? (In terms of their spurs career)

Looks a great player - i wasn't over awed with the signing at the time, always had him down as one that the big teams pass up on and ends up being so so elsewhere. Happy to be proved wrong!

I think Eriksen has an eye for goal that Modric never showed and yeah they are different players. I like KD's formation but I would like to see those three play in a more fluid system, interchanging with one another so that the defence never knows who is gonna be turning up where, kinda like how Hazard, Mata and Oscar did for Chelsea last season under RDM.

No...it complicates things and puts emphasis on 'runners' from the middle rather then having a solid base which will in turn allow for the attacking players to get forward and create more. A solid pairing of Dembele and Sandro allows for the playmaker, Eriksen and Lamela to do what they do best...pass and create.

Invisibilinho will be played as a runner from the middle which will mean we only have Sandro as the protector...he's very good but he's not superman. What will happen is the playmaker will then be asked to be slightly withdrawn..more defensive...no thanks.

I think it depends upon the opposition. After all, neither Sandro nor Dembele played tonight and it didn't turn out too bad. Most times we'll just need a holding midfielder to cover defensive gaps. Paulinho's attacking attributes will be more valuable than another midfield protector.

I think it depends upon the opposition. After all, neither Sandro nor Dembele played tonight and it didn't turn out too bad. Most times we'll just need a holding midfielder to cover defensive gaps. Paulinho's attacking attributes will be more valuable than another midfield protector.

Personally i would sell Invisibilinho, Lennon, Capoue (i wouldn't mind keeping him but he's too good to be on the bench) and one of Siggy/Chadli (i'm leaning towards Chadli staying as i've liked what i've seen in the central role). I would keep Holtby and play him in a more defensive orientated role with some creative freedom.

-------------------Sandro (Holtby)----------Dembele (Benteleb)----------------

------------------------------------Playmaker (Chadli)---------------------------

---Lamela (Townsend)--------------------------------------------------Eriksen (new)

--------------------------------------New (Ade)------------------------------------

So the majority of cash on a playmaker, a young left sided forward (no need to spend a lot...just a promising player) and a striker.

personally id stick Eriksen in the play maker role you have there and look for a wide left player in the summer. also i don't think Holtby has shown anything to suggest he's a Sandro replacement/understudy in the making

personally id stick Eriksen in the play maker role you have there and look for a wide left player in the summer. also i don't think Holtby has shown anything to suggest he's a Sandro replacement/understudy in the making

He played the DM role for Schalke quite a bit and the manager said he had great belief in him playing that role. Add to that Holtby himself saying his best position is playing as a DM - id much sooner keep Capoue, provided he's happy to start the season as second choice.

Back