• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Why play a offensive midfielder on the left wing, and a left winger in central?

I don't mind Eriksen on the left (i.e. Modric), but not if it means having Chadli in the middle. Strange tactical decision indeed. Personally I'd like to see Eriksen and Soldado get a run of games together. I think they're on the same wavelength when it comes to passing and movement.

I don't mind Eriksen on the left (i.e. Modric), but not if it means having Chadli in the middle. Strange tactical decision indeed. Personally I'd like to see Eriksen and Soldado get a run of games together. I think they're on the same wavelength when it comes to passing and movement.

To be fair to Tim when he's played Chaldi in the middle he has at least started to look a footballer with talent. When ever Chadli has been on the left he's looked useless to me.

I think Eriksen playing in the middle of a 3 man midfield is his best position. He can dictate the game from there and also make late runs into the box.

To be fair to Tim when he's played Chaldi in the middle he has at least started to look a footballer with talent. When ever Chadli has been on the left he's looked useless to me.

I think Eriksen playing in the middle of a 3 man midfield is his best position. He can dictate the game from there and also make late runs into the box.

Exactly. Chadli's looked better playing off the front man than on the left and Eriksen has looked good drifting in off the left than he has anywhere else. It was a fairly easily justifiable decision.

Thought Eriksen, Chadli and Soldado's movement was promising today. Chadli is slowly starting to win me over.

Obviously eriksen is the attacking fulcrum, but if we can at some point maybe play Lamela again, then Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli and Soldado could be a handful if they have a proper manager managing them.

The problem with playing Eriksen on the left is that he cannot dictate games as much as if were playing in the middle

He's hard to pick up drifting in from out wide. When we played him in the no 10 role at the start of the season, he initially amazing, but then quickly marked out the game. Think he's doing fine out wide at the moment!

He's hard to pick up drifting in from out wide. When we played him in the no 10 role at the start of the season, he initially amazing, but then quickly marked out the game. Think he's doing fine out wide at the moment!

yep...he was totally marked out of games and looked lost at times.

yep...he was totally marked out of games and looked lost at times.

the wonky is always the way, no question

eriksen out wide...and a someone stretching the other side

when lamela comes in we will have that in the opposite direction or play him in the hole to control games if the boys mind is up to it

Eriksen works in all places when he has smart passing and quick movement around him. I think, ideally, he would be able to drift and switch with a left-sided player at will and choice. When our midfield is not slowed down by ball carries like Dembele, it allows Eriksen to drift into spaces, receive quickly and turn the play. Likewise, Soldado is excellent when Eriksen is free. Chadli is technically strong so hopefully we are now seeing his confidence return to give him the impetus to play faster. One of the reasons I love Bentaleb, and think he is potentially a huge player for us, is that he moves the ball quickly and crisply from deep positions; I think Eriksen benefits greatly from this...

Eriksen only can be marked out of games if no one else is passing the ball quickly

That's why Eriksen/Chadli/Soldado (+Siggy when he came on) looked good, hard to mark/isolate if the team has another player that can offer a threat.

Too many times this season the midfield has 2 of Dembele/Bentaleb/Sandro +Eriksen and Lennon (who is woefully out of form), you double up/close down Eriksen and the midfield has nothing left.

Back