• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Thankfully with Eriksen's end of season form at least we wont have to worry about some of Europes elite looking for him. Hes just not at that level!

When he brings his A game he is a joy to behold however when he is having a bad game, or when he is having a quiet period during a game we seem to lack creativity. It is then left for Kane to create the chances and score them but when he is isolated that simply will not happen.

Not enough creativity added to not enough pace.

Just what happened to the real Eriksen nowdays ? He was excellent and one of the best goal-scoring midfielders in Europe until the League Cup semi final against Sheffied United last season. Then he scored 2 goals against Sheff Utd to get us to the League Cup Final. But after that, his form seems to have gone down badly. He has only 2 goals and 1 assist in 20 matches since then. He wasted a golden chance to score against ManU yesterday. Pochettino better get Eriksen back to his best form soon.

When he brings his A game he is a joy to behold however when he is having a bad game, or when he is having a quiet period during a game we seem to lack creativity. It is then left for Kane to create the chances and score them but when he is isolated that simply will not happen.

Not enough creativity added to not enough pace.
He is not fast, he is not explosive, but our best moments yesterday were Eriksen's linkup play with Kane, plus his lob/shot... plus his long range strike pushed out by Romero... he was our most effective attacker yesterday IMO, involved in most good things we did.

The trouble is he really is our only 'creative' player. Look at the line-up yesterday and there isn't that much in terms of creativity behind Kane.

Chadli? Scores goals but doesn't create much.
Dembele? Great at holding on to the ball but always holds on too long
Dier?
Bentaleb?
Davies?
Walker?

Had to score that early chance with the keeper totally exposed. Howler of a miss.
Disagree.... I thought it was a very difficult chance to get the execution right and he made a good effort at doing so. It looked to me that he waited for as long as possible to let the ball come down, delaying any longer would probably have resulted in the defender getting his foot in there.

Disagree.... I thought it was a very difficult chance to get the execution right and he made a good effort at doing so. It looked to me that he waited for as long as possible to let the ball come down, delaying any longer would probably have resulted in the defender getting his foot in there.

Exactly
But too many fans live in ProEvo land.

Eriksen can't and shouldn't be relied on to be our sole creative force. We can't slag off Eriksen for when he has an off game, we need to question why our other players can't reach his heights. Or close to it.

I think we can a bit, he's by far the most talented player in the squad, I'm not sure he believes in himself enough though, bit like Dembele.

The trouble is he really is our only 'creative' player. Look at the line-up yesterday and there isn't that much in terms of creativity behind Kane.

Chadli? Scores goals but doesn't create much.
Dembele? Great at holding on to the ball but always holds on too long
Dier?
Bentaleb?
Davies?
Walker?

Mason. And perhaps Lamela: he made some great through passes last season. But yeah, we are perhaps a tad short of creativity, although I do have hopes for Pritchard.

Just what happened to the real Eriksen nowdays ? He was excellent and one of the best goal-scoring midfielders in Europe until the League Cup semi final against Sheffied United last season. Then he scored 2 goals against Sheff Utd to get us to the League Cup Final. But after that, his form seems to have gone down badly. He has only 2 goals and 1 assist in 20 matches since then. He wasted a golden chance to score against ManU yesterday. Pochettino better get Eriksen back to his best form soon.

The real Eriksen hasn't left, he's just inconsistent. It's the likes of Dembele, Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Lennon etc that need to shape up, not Eriksen.

The real Eriksen hasn't left, he's just inconsistent. It's the likes of Dembele, Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Lennon etc that need to shape up, not Eriksen.

Thank you, Lloris, Eriksen & Kane are our key players that are quality and deliver ... they are human, so they may have an off day or bad play, but its not them we need to improve on.

Cobblers. I don't play pro evo either to answer whichever clown said that throwaway comment.

Gotta score those as a professional end of.

Around the time Pochettino started playing him centrally I believe.

I personally think Eriksen should play deeper and play the modric role. I don't think he is consistent enough yet to play as the number 10 and under Tim he said he prefers playing deeper and being able to set the tempo in games. We would need to buy another number 10 though (unless we went 433 or 442)

I personally think Eriksen should play deeper and play the modric role. I don't think he is consistent enough yet to play as the number 10 and under Tim he said he prefers playing deeper and being able to set the tempo in games. We would need to buy another number 10 though (unless we went 433 or 442)

Modric has much more to the defensive side of his game (yet will never score 10 goals in any season of his career) than Eriksen.

We can't afford anyone better than Eriksen at this stage.

Think people need to get through their heads that we have to develop talent to compete, Eriksen, Alli, Dier, Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, etc. are players that we will try to develop, some will step up (and probably move on), some will not. The finished product players ala Lloris & Jan are very much likely to be in those odds, 1-3 senior players, the rest developing talents.

42 appearances
15 goals
12 assists

26 appearances
5 goals
1 assist

The only goal he's scored since February was intended as a cross. Let's hope 2014 Eriksen makes an appearance tomorrow.

Back