• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Especially when we're lacking ideas and unable to break teams down (which happens a lot) he is the player that should be taking the game on.. But it just doesn't happen enough.

Especially when we're lacking ideas and unable to break teams down (which happens a lot) he is the player that should be taking the game on.. But it just doesn't happen enough.

I echo the sentiments of Raziel. Whilst it's hard to deny that Eriksen can get even better, it's the rest of the squad that need to seriously up their game, not the likes of Eriksen and Kane.

I echo the sentiments of Raziel. Whilst it's hard to deny that Eriksen can get even better, it's the rest of the squad that need to seriously up their game, not the likes of Eriksen and Kane.

Oh I completely agree with that sentiment, our defense has SO much improving to do as we continue to make progress under Poch.

My frustration however lies with a player of such immense talent and ability not being able to deliver as consistently and effectively as he should.. The problem may be that Mason and Bentaleb don't offer enough support going forward? I don't think Townsend does anything to help in that regard either - speaking about incisiveness and intricacy.

When Lamela plays (yes I know he can be frustrating too!) at least there is a semblance of understanding and flair. In Lamela, Eriksen appears to have a player that he can bounce ideas off.. Trying to link up with someone like Townsend is probably like bashing his head against a brick wall.

It's a culmination of factors, I just want him to take the onus on himself and take the game by the fudging scruff more regularly!

very happy with Eriksen. Yes he doesnt impose himself enough, control play, but unfortunately he just isnt that type imo. He is more of an impact player. Also runs the most kilometers per match so greatly fulfills Pochs demands. Love him for what he is, not wait for something he will never be.

If they want to become world class they will have to up their game. I have a feeling they might have that ambition.

Whilst I'd also love to see Eriksen impose himself on games more, I concur with Raziel and Jurgen that our other attacking payers really need to step-up their output; as can't expect Eriksen and Kane to score winning goals every game.

Chadli provides a decent goal threat but his defensive contribution is far less than that of his colleagues whilst, conversely, Lamela is putting in a decent shift but not scoring. Townsend, Adebayor and Soldado continue to frustrate...

mlqxbo.jpg

Most of our Top 7 rivals have other players who can chip in with goals when their stars are injured or having an off day. Only Southampton have less potent attacking options than Spurs but they've also conceded 21 fewer goals, which is a discussion for another thread...

zlw9g.jpg

Absolutely. Eriksen may be in a bit of a lean spell but he's more than proved what a class act he is. He's definitely one of those players that I forget how young he actually is as well.

Future club legend.

is it meaningful at all to combine a goals scored and assists stat ? cos if you do, even townsend is ahead of eriksen. i know, i know.....

No wonder he's having a little slump, look at the minutes played column.

Believe he's started every game except one in PL, and in that game, he came on at half time.

It's also probably his first season playing as much of an all round game as Poch demands.

Was unlucky with a good run and a shot which struck the post. Had that gone in, people would be purring about him again.

He showed some lovely touches yesterday. There was one beautiful flick which was then followed by Townsend flick which went really wrong. If he had scored when he hit the post it would have been a lovely goal.

Eriksen had some really nice over-the-top balls (one for the assist on the winner for denmark). Fell perfectly for Bendtner.
Hopefully he'll have gotten some leadership experience while on international duty. Can never have too many leaders in a team.

Eriksen had some really nice over-the-top balls (one for the assist on the winner for denmark). Fell perfectly for Bendtner.
Hopefully he'll have gotten some leadership experience while on international duty. Can never have too many leaders in a team.

True. I don't see him turning into some chest thumping, screaming captain type. But hopefully he can develop into more of a Modric-esque quietly going about his business of being a tremendous, diligent, hard working footballer on and off the pitch leading by example.

If Eriksen plays for Denmark tonight (and he will), he will be the youngest danish player to reach 50 (!!!) games for the national team, taking that recoard away from the legendary Michael Laudrup, who was over 1 year older when he reached that milestone. 50 caps at the age of 23!! That is impressive!

Back