• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

You really think we are going to buy better players than what we have now ? Forget it. For almost every decent players we sell, we always seem to replace them with inferior players. Eg : Klinsmann-Armstrong, Sheringham-Ferdinand, Carrick-Zokora, Berbatov-Campbell, Modric-Dembele, VDV-Sigurdsson, Bale-Lamela. Just can't see Levy ever spending big money to buy big-name players.

Klinsmann, Sheringham, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, VDV, Bale

How good must the players these guys replaced have been.

I cannot see a reason why Eriksen can not take up a role similar to David Silva at Emirates Marketing Project.

They are similar in build, calm on the ball, busy players who appreciate the intricacies of the game.

All Silva does (not belittling this) is make sure he is standing between the lines and between players and available for the pass, from players that are instructed to pass him the effing ball at all times.

Im confident Eriksen is talented enough to use the ball as cleverly as Silva given the service.

Good point and considering that Eriksen is 6 years younger he could well grow into that play.

How about this....Given that Bentaleb/Mason are both not 100% comfortable in the double pivot and both look like they could do with not having to worry whats going on behind them all the time, plus they both look well capable of wanting to pass the ball forward quickly and transition the play (ie via eriksen)....perhaps a diamond in midfield of.
Dier
Bentaleb Mason
Eriksen

Not sure where that leaves the others.....Kane and Berahino up front and the FB providing the width?

Just too add, looking at those 6, i think i might as well post it in the 'you wont win anything with kids' thread:)

Last edited:
How about this....Given that Bentaleb/Mason are both not 100% comfortable in the double pivot and both look like they could do with not having to worry whats going on behind them all the time, plus they both look well capable of wanting to pass the ball forward quickly and transition the play (ie via eriksen)....perhaps a diamond in midfield of.
Dier
Bentaleb Mason
Eriksen

Not sure where that leaves the others.....Kane and Berahino up front and the FB providing the width?

Just too add, looking at those 6, i think i might as well post it in the 'you wont win anything with kids' thread:)

That's kind of the 4-3-3 system I've been saying we need for some time

You would have a decent defensive player behind Mason and Bentelab (or Alli, dembele or Carroll)

With Erisken Kane and one other in front

It's how we played our best football last season

Not trying to be an arse here or anything, but we are using the above formation quite often anyway. There are many passing shapes that our players move into over the course of a match and most involve a diamond or cross shape with Eriksen, Chadli and Kane taking up positions off of said shapes or interchanging with the more advanced players. It's for this reason that I like having Dembele on the field, because it gets the most out of him and because he's able to interchange with the other two without us losing strength from the middle of the park.

Needs to lift his game against Leicester.. I want to see him dictating play and creating ample chances, not just pitching in when he feels like it.

Needs to lift his game against Leicester.. I want to see him dictating play and creating ample chances, not just pitching in when he feels like it.

Effort isn't the problem, it's consistency. I'm fairly certain he covered more miles than any outfield player last season besides Kane.

Not trying to be an arse here or anything, but we are using the above formation quite often anyway. There are many passing shapes that our players move into over the course of a match and most involve a diamond or cross shape with Eriksen, Chadli and Kane taking up positions off of said shapes or interchanging with the more advanced players. It's for this reason that I like having Dembele on the field, because it gets the most out of him and because he's able to interchange with the other two without us losing strength from the middle of the park.

Not in a 4-3-3 per se but as part of a fluid 4-2-3-1

The key is Dembele and ideally one other as you say who can be versatile but control the game

Eriksen is probably the most composed player on the ball in our team. The problem is not his effort, desire, or ability. It is that he is not on the ball enough, in the right positions to influence the game in the way he can.

It is very difficult to run the game and consistently stamp your mark on a match from left midfield or the #10 position. You need to be deeper and free to roam centrally, finding space, using your vision and passing skills to punish opposing teams.

People say that he isn't defensively capable enough to play there, that we will be torn apart in the midfield. But they said the same thing about Pirlo - a player who started out as a #10, a trequartista, and who is neither as quick as Eriksen or as mobile. And look where he ended up playing [And I don't mean New York] - regista, "the director".

Last edited:
Possibly. He needs to do more I don't think anyone would argue any differently, but he is near the bottom of our list of worries.

Completely disagree.. Our biggest worry at the moment is creating chances and scoring goals, he fails to do either on a regular enough basis.

Scoring the odd last-minute winner doesn't cut it... If he's not scoring regularly then he needs to be getting on the ball and making chances for the less intricate players like Kane and Chadli. It's really that simple.

Eriksen is probably the most composed player on the ball in our team. The problem is not his effort, desire, or ability. It is that he is not on the ball enough, in the right positions to influence the game in the way he can.

Nail. On. Head.. But I think it's less to do with the position he's playing and more to do with his desire to get in the right positions more regularly. For me his movement off the ball can be infuriating at times. He dawdles and he has so much GHod-given ability, I just want to see him to use it more.

Completely disagree.. Our biggest worry at the moment is creating chances and scoring goals, he fails to do either on a regular enough basis.

Scoring the odd last-minute winner doesn't cut it... If he's not scoring regularly then he needs to be getting on the ball and making chances for the less intricate players like Kane and Chadli. It's really that simple.

If it wasn't for him last season we would have finished around 8th or 9th without those late. The likes of Lamela and Bentaleb are the ones that need to step it up more. If you score 10+ league goals from midfield, you have had a pretty good season.

He can't do it all by himself.

EDIT: Scoring goals was not the problem at all last season, we scored over 50 goals. We also created plenty against Stoke.

Last edited:
Eriksen is fine and probably our best player, the problem he has is that the players around him so often fail to move into space so he can release the ball quicker. I agree with those who say he is the least of our problems.

It is very difficult to run the game and consistently stamp your mark on a match from left midfield or the #10 position. You need to be deeper and free to roam centrally, finding space, using your vision and passing skills to punish opposing teams.

People say that he isn't defensively capable enough to play there, that we will be torn apart in the midfield. But they said the same thing about Pirlo - a player who started out as a #10, a trequartista, and who is neither as quick as Eriksen or as mobile. And look where he ended up playing [And I don't mean New York] - regista, "the director".

But that is the point i make above. You cannot deny that Silva runs the game reguarly for Emirates Marketing Project. We just need to believe (not us but Poch etc) that Eriksen can do that for us. And if i think about him and his skillset as a player, i think he can.

More annoyingly it can take a long time (and possibly a load of money) to find a player that is even capable of playing that role, and we have one. I don't think Eriksen natrually goes looking to get involved BUT if you force him to be involved (by telling the others that he is our go to man') i think he would love it and we would see twice the player he is now. Does Poch think this though?'

To counter your suggestion, i want Eriksen playing the final ball, not the 'Carrick' ball.

Silva is a good comparison as a player, but us and Emirates Marketing Project are not in any way comparable as teams. Apart from any thing else their midfield is way more experienced.
Our midfield is there yet, not because any of them aren't good enough, but because they lack experience. I honestly think if we can keep the youngsters together for another two seasons we will reap the rewards.
They are still finding their best roles and growing into them.
Eriksen, mason and bentaleb can be our core.

Eriksen is fine and probably our best player, the problem he has is that the players around him so often fail to move into space so he can release the ball quicker. I agree with those who say he is the least of our problems.

I agree strongly with this.

If he was able to release the ball more accurately it wouldn't be an issue.

Back