• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I realise the whole team were poor, but I was massively disappointed with Eriksen today. Really looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Eriksen is constantly played out of position - on the left, on the right, tight behind the striker. If I was a player with his talent, I'd be tinkled off. What is the point of playing the most creative and probably most skillful player in the squad in a position where he is unable to participate in, or influence the game much of the time?

If we want to be a top four, or top 6 even, team we cannot afford to play Mason/Bentaleb as the foundation of our midfield. It is not necessarily that they are not good enough, but that they are too similar, and not the creative/playmaker midfielder that we need there. Eriksen needs to be in the mix. On the rare occasion he plays central in 4-4-2 or deeper in a midfield three we look much better for it. We are wasting a very good player -and it would serve us right if he left and looked excellent in that position elsewhere, which he could easily do.

When Eriksen doesn't play well, it just highlights how dependent we are his contribution.

He hasn't played well since Sheffield Utd away. And even then his performance all round was questionable. Two cracking goals though.

It's because the rest of the attacking 3 are actually awful workmanlike players with no really string attributes

We also lack pace in that area so our reliance on erisken is vital to our goals

Massive area to upgrade

A very looooong interview published today:

After 28 mins he confirms what I said at the time... there was no way Townsend's pass was meant for him when he banged in a late winner vs Sunderland

Am i right in that Kane, Eriksen and Chadli have been involved in ALL the away goals we have scored this season? Any statto out there that can check this?
If true, very interesting...

Am i right in that Kane, Eriksen and Chadli have been involved in ALL the away goals we have scored this season? Any statto out there that can check this?
If true, very interesting...
A quick ganders through our PL away results shows that the 3 of them have indeed contributed to every goal we have scored on the road this season!

Between them they've scored 23 of those 26 goals; with just Dier at Wet Spam, Dembele at Liverpool and Lamela at Southampton contributing otherwise...

2vbn3hg.jpg

Oh dear, just saw him outside my office few moments ago, stopped him shouting "Christian!" asked him for a selfie and handed my slip case to his mrs. He was not happy, pooring down with rain. reluctantly let me take a photo with him. smiled for the camera though!

Oh dear, just saw him outside my office few moments ago, stopped him shouting "Christian!" asked him for a selfie and handed my slip case to his mrs. He was not happy, pooring down with rain. reluctantly let me take a photo with him. smiled for the camera though!

He must have seen your posts ;)

You may have a point... We desperately need another creative outlet because good team know that all they need to do is crowd out Eriksen and all out attacking edge is blunted.

Exactly this. We are way, way too predictable. Stop Eriksen and Kane and we are neutered.

A quick ganders through our PL away results shows that the 3 of them have indeed contributed to every goal we have scored on the road this season!

Between them they've scored 23 of those 26 goals; with just Dier at Wet Spam, Dembele at Liverpool and Lamela at Southampton contributing otherwise...

2vbn3hg.jpg

A really sad indictment on the rest of the players.

Back