• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

he is really, really growing as the season continues...his workrate has got so much better...his desire to take the game by the scruff the same. Marvelous for us. Marvelous for him...

Anyone have a GIF of the goal? Would be good to see it.
EarnestFrenchGenet.gif

And who's the first out to Eriksen? Lamela. I hope that puts to rest those rumors that they somehow don't get along.

Good for Christian, though. He must feel like he can score every time he stands over a dead ball now, and that can only be a good thing given that we don't score headers from dead balls anyway. :)

The keeper hadn't really overcommitted, he was only a couple of yards from the post but he didn't see it coming.

Probably due to his Hoxton beard/haircut issues.

Lamela actually made a strange run, over the ball, towards the 2 man wall, then out again, kind of in the way of the shot, but it just missed him and pinged in off the post, beautiful work from the little Dane.

The keeper hadn't really overcommitted, he was only a couple of yards from the post but he didn't see it coming.

Probably due to his Hoxton beard/haircut issues.

Lamela actually made a strange run, over the ball, towards the 2 man wall, then out again, kind of in the way of the shot, but it just missed him and pinged in off the post, beautiful work from the little Dane.

I wonder did he interrupt the keepers view so he couldnt see it at the last second.

Great player, like him a lot, but seems like he thinks of Spurs as a stepping stone, to be honest. Have said far too many things that would support this, "looks good on the cv", "i've got a long-term plan, let's see how it goes", and blah blah. Glad to see him perform well for us, obviously, but fear we will lose him sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately, until we've secured a regular top 4 spot & have financial backing, that's likely to be the mindset of a lot of out players.

Still, if this ensures top performances from them, to earn the move, then we will benefit from their time at the club and then profit from it. Ideally too, the player will learn to love our club & so will elect to stay.

Unfortunately, until we've secured a regular top 4 spot & have financial backing, that's likely to be the mindset of a lot of out players.

Still, if this ensures top performances from them, to earn the move, then we will benefit from their time at the club and then profit from it. Ideally too, the player will learn to love our club & so will elect to stay.

Exactly, I don't get why people don't see the obvious

- As much as Berbs/Carrick/Modric/Bale all hurt, its a great pull to the next great young player, perform here (in a side that often will play/attempt to play the type of football that will highlight it), and your immediate next move could be to a club where you not just will play CL, but win it.
- That's why we have Eriksen/Lloris and got Lamela (even if that one didn't work out)

And if I'm honest, if they give everything in our colours and help us win a trophy, get to CL, stay in contention places, I'll wish them luck when they move on.

How many points has this guy won us this season? How many times has he spared our blushes from mediocre/inept performances?!

@BenMcAleer1: Without Christian Eriksen's goals, Spurs would have 11 fewer points in the Premier League this season #THFC

Exactly, I don't get why people don't see the obvious

- As much as Berbs/Carrick/Modric/Bale all hurt, its a great pull to the next great young player, perform here (in a side that often will play/attempt to play the type of football that will highlight it), and your immediate next move could be to a club where you not just will play CL, but win it.
- That's why we have Eriksen/Lloris and got Lamela (even if that one didn't work out)

And if I'm honest, if they give everything in our colours and help us win a trophy, get to CL, stay in contention places, I'll wish them luck when they move on.

Agreed.

Aside from the lads who come up through the Academy ranks, virtually none of our players have grown up with our lifelong devotion to Tottenham Hotspur and pretty much all of them would jump ship if the likes of Real Madrid / Bayern Munich / Barcelona offered them a contract.

So I'd prefer to see Spurs team full of talented players with aspirations of becoming World class and winning multiple major trophies (in the hope that one day we gather enough together at the same time for them to do so as Lilywhites) than our club to be full of journeymen who lack the skill / commitment to do any better than mid-table (such as we were lumbered with for most of the doldrums of the 1990s).

Last edited:
Great player, like him a lot, but seems like he thinks of Spurs as a stepping stone, to be honest. Have said far too many things that would support this, "looks good on the cv", "i've got a long-term plan, let's see how it goes", and blah blah. Glad to see him perform well for us, obviously, but fear we will lose him sooner rather than later.
I'd rather we signed good players, who improve whilst they are with us and then move onto a bigger club, than sign **** that we are stuck with.

Great to see Eriksen scoring goals consistently. He now has 7 goals and 1 assist in the league this season.

One important fact is, Eriksen has already overtaken Modric's total number of league goals for us in 4 seasons. Eriksen has now scored 14 goals in 43 league matches in 2 seasons. In contrast, Modric only scored 13 goals in 123 league matches in 4 seasons. Eriksen has also equaled Modric's total goals for us. Eriksen now has 17 goals in 57 matches in all competition for us, compared to Modric's 17 goals in 159 matches in all competitions. Eriksen is doing what Modric failed to do for us : scoring goals consistently from midfield.

But it is a pity Eriksen has failed to overtake Yaya Toure as the top goal scoring midfielder of 2014. Eriksen has scored 13 league goals in 2014, compared to 17 goals by Yaya Toure. I guess Yaya Toure's experience edged it for him as he is 31 compared with Eriksen who is only 22.

And who's the first out to Eriksen? Lamela. I hope that puts to rest those rumors that they somehow don't get along.

Good for Christian, though. He must feel like he can score every time he stands over a dead ball now, and that can only be a good thing given that we don't score headers from dead balls anyway. :)

If you notice carefully, Lamela seems to be fond of everyone at the club but he doesn't seems to get the favour in return. :lol:

Great to see Eriksen scoring goals consistently. He now has 7 goals and 1 assist in the league this season.

One important fact is, Eriksen has already overtaken Modric's total number of league goals for us in 4 seasons. Eriksen has now scored 14 goals in 43 league matches in 2 seasons. In contrast, Modric only scored 13 goals in 123 league matches in 4 seasons. Eriksen has also equaled Modric's total goals for us. Eriksen now has 17 goals in 57 matches in all competition for us, compared to Modric's 17 goals in 159 matches in all competitions. Eriksen is doing what Modric failed to do for us : scoring goals consistently from midfield.

But it is a pity Eriksen has failed to overtake Yaya Toure as the top goal scoring midfielder of 2014. Eriksen has scored 13 league goals in 2014, compared to 17 goals by Yaya Toure. I guess Yaya Toure's experience edged it for him as he is 31 compared with Eriksen who is only 22.

That and the fact that Toure takes penalties. Who is the highest scoring midfielder, of 2014, if penalties are disregarded?

Back