• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He was great last season. But he's developing under Poch now. Without doubt our most important player and only 22 years old.

He's like a hybrid of Modric and del Piero, glides with the ball making stunning turns and threading through perfect balls whilst being a deadly finisher.

Maybe a statement is a bit over board but one thing is for sure, from a purely technical perspective, the kid has everything. World class.

He's like a hybrid of Modric and del Piero, glides with the ball making stunning turns and threading through perfect balls whilst being a deadly finisher.

Maybe a statement is a bit over board but one thing is for sure, from a purely technical perspective, the kid has everything. World class.

for now, Lloris & Eriksen are our only WC players (Loris there, Eriksen has the tools, just needs to prove it over time)

for now, Lloris & Eriksen are our only WC players (Loris there, Eriksen has the tools, just needs to prove it over time)

This! It really ****ed me off when Poch subbed him at half time against Stoke and Villa. He's the closest we have to a world class player and needs to play every minute of every game unless he's terrible.

This! It really ****ed me off when Poch subbed him at half time against Stoke and Villa. He's the closest we have to a world class player and needs to play every minute of every game unless he's terrible.

Generally been accepted that Poch has gotten Eriksen to work significantly harder than he did last season and we're now seeing the results with Eriksen looking better than ever.

Subbing him when he perhaps wasn't doing everything he was asked to do, or when he perhaps wasn't physically able to work as hard as he has more recently might have been a part of that very positive development.

Possibly his worst game in a Spurs-shirt today. Not up to the tempo of the game, slow and weak and couldn't even control the ball today. I am one of his biggest fans, but today he looked tired.

I agree he tends to be more of a threat and get more involved when playing on the left. He finds space more easily drifting into the center of the park from an initial wide position. It is more difficult to pick him up, he faces the opposition's goal more and he gets in and around the penalty area more often. The problem is that Chadli also looks best when playing on the left.

Apart from his tackling he was not that bad today. He gets a rough ride as he's the player us fans look to make things happen when he has a steady game he gets slated as being poor.

I'm a big fan of his but today was a bit odd, can't expect magic from him every game but my problem was that in his closing down he rarely looked like he believed he might get the ball. Just kind of trailing a leg and being a bit meh about it.

Palace didn't afford him the space he gets off other teams and what space he did find was closed up by the time Dembele and Stambouli eventually decided to pass it. I'm not sure today's result means we have to suddenly change what we are doing, I just think our team selection (forced imo) didn't help and he had a quiet game.

Palace didn't afford him the space he gets off other teams and what space he did find was closed up by the time Dembele and Stambouli eventually decided to pass it. I'm not sure today's result means we have to suddenly change what we are doing, I just think our team selection (forced imo) didn't help and he had a quiet game.

Teams that defend and are disciplined like Palaceewill be able to neutralize eriksen in no10 role unless we get the ball to him before they rregain their shape.

Whilst we have a dembele-stambouli CM we need to adapt how we play as it is not a like for like CM

Teams that defend and are disciplined like Palaceewill be able to neutralize eriksen in no10 role unless we get the ball to him before they rregain their shape.

Whilst we have a dembele-stambouli CM we need to adapt how we play as it is not a like for like CM

Or don't play the two blockages in the middle.
Eriksen to start in central midfield next game please.

This. With ponderous passers like Dembele & Stambouli in midfield it is a struggle for anyone to be effective in the #10 role against an organized defence. So no real surprise to see Eriksen, and Chadli for that matter, fail to make an impact yesterday.

Although Eriksen probably should've done better with this early chance...

[VINE]Op9JYKjtprj[/VINE]

I actually wasn't too ****y with him for missing that chance. The other camera view shows that the ball was way behind him.

I did think that if we were at 0-0 with 20 mins to go, we would see Eriksen drop into midfield at the expense of one of those two. Once Kane scored though, Poch hoped we would hold steady with the two more defensive players on the pitch. Sadly we imploded.

I'm a big fan of his but today was a bit odd, can't expect magic from him every game but my problem was that in his closing down he rarely looked like he believed he might get the ball. Just kind of trailing a leg and being a bit meh about it.

Looked short on energy in his defensive work.

Put in some massive performance in the Christmas fixtures. Often up there with Kane on distance covered numbers, absolutely worked his socks off and made a lot of telling contribution going forward too.

Hope he gets rested mid week, he's played a ton of football over the last month or so.

This. With ponderous passers like Dembele & Stambouli in midfield it is a struggle for anyone to be effective in the #10 role against an organized defence. So no real surprise to see Eriksen, and Chadli for that matter, fail to make an impact yesterday.

Although Eriksen probably should've done better with this early chance...

[VINE]Op9JYKjtprj[/VINE]

Just don't understand how Eriksen could have missed it. I was already celebrating the goal even before the ball reached him. Never thought he will miss the chance. Eriksen is normally so calm and composed in situations like this. I think lack of rest is affecting Eriksen now.

Back