• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It was nice to see Eriksen getting 3 assists against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Now he has 6 goals and 4 assists which is a good record so far this season. But as he keeps putting up good performances for us, there is this risk of him getting interest from other teams. Already there is news of Liverpool preparing 32m to sign him. Hope Levy will value him much more than that. Surely, his value now should be much more than 50m. He is only 22 now and can only improve even further from here.

It was nice to see Eriksen getting 3 assists against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Now he has 6 goals and 4 assists which is a good record so far this season. But as he keeps putting up good performances for us, there is this risk of him getting interest from other teams. Already there is news of Liverpool preparing 32m to sign him. Hope Levy will value him much more than that. Surely, his value now should be much more than 50m. He is only 22 now and can only improve even further from here.

There is no chance we will sell to another premier league club and i think its only PSG who's team he would get into and why would he go to France? he seems to be sensible regarding his development and i think he will stay with us for a few years and leave for Madrid when they sell some of their older superstars.

There is no chance we will sell to another premier league club and i think its only PSG who's team he would get into and why would he go to France? he seems to be sensible regarding his development and i think he will stay with us for a few years and leave for Madrid when they sell some of their older superstars.

Like to think so. But just can's seem to trust Levy as he failed to stop Modric or Bale.

Much more involved today. Really running things. This is his position. Better teams will give him less time and space. To overcome that will be the next step. Once he does he'll be Real Madrid quality, unfortunately.

Much more involved today. Really running things. This is his position. Better teams will give him less time and space. To overcome that will be the next step. Once he does he'll be Real Madrid quality, unfortunately.

Agree with this. But then I have always been a big E fan. Needs to always be central and the hub of our play.

After a shaky start to the season Eriksen really has been quality of late, guess the extra training is paying off. Hopefully he'll at least get to help us win a trophy before Madrid decide to tap him up.

@BenMcAleer1: No player has played more key passes in a single Premier League match this season than Christian Eriksen did vs Burnley (8) #THFC

B5UPvrGIMAEWNmU.jpg

After a shaky start to the season Eriksen really has been quality of late, guess the extra training is paying off. Hopefully he'll at least get to help us win a trophy before Madrid decide to tap him up.

I think we forget Eriksen is young as well, everyone is ok with Kane/Mason/Bentaleb being young and having to learn, Eriksen is in the same category and being asked to carry both club and country.

He was exceptional at the end of last season and is starting to hit that form again, he and Lloris are our true quality players so far in this squad.

Indeed. He just needed players to provide some width which Lamela and Chadli did, especially in the first half. Glad Poch is beginning to see it too.

Lamela was on the right cutting in. In fact, ironically, each were doing what they've been doing all season.

I think a lot his recent upturn in form is down to him digging in, training harder, working harder and WANTING to be 'the man' as opposed to just strolling in and out of games, Harry Kane's excellent movement (the boy is a threat, a handful and thus now brings people with him wherever he decides to go) and Bentaleb behind him instead of that waster Capoue.

As for central, long-term, he will flourish in the middle but a little deeper and not as part of a front 3 IMO...there he will be able to not only run games but get on the end of things at will...I still think for now he's better off the wide as he learns more and more, but we also have t bear in mind, our front three really don't play 'wide' per se as it's based on inversion and central movement.

Either way, it is great to see the young man putting in the desire and effort to develop into what he can be. And I agree with Raziel, we all (me as much as anyone) have to remember how young he is.

@BenMcAleer1: No player has played more key passes in a single Premier League match this season than Christian Eriksen did vs Burnley (8) #THFC

B5UPvrGIMAEWNmU.jpg

So he pretty much had a free role? Which makes perfect sense. Poch is pragmatic. So glad he is getting things right. Our passing is on a different level to last season and will continue to improve.

Eriksen central, Lamela right, Chadli left, Kane up top with Bentaleb and Mason grafting in mid, it all worked a treat. Not only that, so did the defence.

Poch has surely found his best starting eleven AND his best formation at last.

It's a tricky one, he does need to be in the middle, but I don't really think Kane is great as the sole striker and is better a touch back. But you can't drop Kane currently...

Eriksen central, Lamela right, Chadli left, Kane up top with Bentaleb and Mason grafting in mid, it all worked a treat. Not only that, so did the defence.

Poch has surely found his best starting eleven AND his best formation at last.

I'm not convinced that's the best staring eleven yet. It's tough because Kane isn't anywhere near as good up front,he looks much better off of Soldado. But you have Chadli who's always effective, producing an assist or goal, Lamela maybe on the cusp of producing, and Eriksen who had to play. Tough decisions on who to drop, but good options to have especially over the busy Xmas period...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

At the start of the season, Poch moved too early to make the front 4 fluid imo. So Ade was switching with Chadli etc. It worked initially and Chadli benefited. But with the team still far from settled it was too fluid, Eriksen and Lamela in each others space, Ade not playing on the last defender enough.

It makes sense that instead, one player - previously Bale and sometimes Modric or in other words our best player - has a free role. Of course opposition teams see how they can single handedly win matches, and seek to restrict them. So a free role works well. Allowing Eriksen to get on the ball anywhere in the last third and drag defenders out of position.

Back