• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

This forum has become worse than RAWK and Arsenal Mania! The amount of brick being spread about players who have given their best for years for this club, is mind blowing!
Take a fudging look at yourself people! It's embarrassing!

You could say the almost cult like devotion to Eriksen by some in here is very RAWK.

You mean backing one of our very best players?
Or dropping him after some poor pre season games
No one that I've seen has talked about dropping him, have they?
It just become very tiresome that it's never Eriksens fault, there's always an excuse., or stat or deflection.
He's a very good player, but he has faults.

No one that I've seen has talked about dropping him, have they?
It just become very tiresome that it's never Eriksens fault, there's always an excuse., or stat or deflection.
He's a very good player, but he has faults.

No one has claimed he doesnt have faults.

But people have written him off after a meh 3/4 months last season despite being the only player not to break down/rest/played out of position.

No one has claimed he doesnt have faults.

But people have written him off after a meh 3/4 months last season despite being the only player not to break down/rest/played out of position.

He’s made it very clear that staying with us is a second best option. It seems entirely understandable, therefore, that he can expect a pretty difficult ride from some fans.

He’s made it very clear that staying with us is a second best option. It seems entirely understandable, therefore, that he can expect a pretty difficult ride from some fans.
some fans who aren't happy with his perceived lack of effort or commitment will jump on anything he does wrong from here on in, so for that reason alone I think it's probably better for everyone that he gets a move.
Personally if he hadn't made the stick with spurs if nothing better type comment I would have been delighted for him to stay,, but that just feels like he has mentally checked out.

some fans who aren't happy with his perceived lack of effort or commitment will jump on anything he does wrong from here on in, so for that reason alone I think it's probably better for everyone that he gets a move.
Personally if he hadn't made the stick with spurs if nothing better type comment I would have been delighted for him to stay,, but that just feels like he has mentally checked out.

Agree completely. I would wish him only good things and would be thankful for all he has contributed, but sometimes it reaches a stage when a move is the best thing for everyone concerned. That’s where we are now imo.

Said to my mate who went yesterday let’s judge him after Thursday when he knows he won’t be leaving

Truth is, come Thursday, chances are he knows very well he is leaving - just that he will have to wait 4 or 8 months to do so.

I think at this point the chances of him signing on and staying long term are basically nil.

The only question, for me, is whether or not he will do a Modric - pull up his bootstraps and play his best football - or if he will just go through the motions and ultimately disappoint us.

Truth is, come Thursday, chances are he knows very well he is leaving - just that he will have to wait 4 or 8 months to do so.

I think at this point the chances of him signing on and staying long term are basically nil.

The only question, for me, is whether or not he will do a Modric - pull up his bootstraps and play his best football - or if he will just go through the motions and ultimately disappoint us.

I think Eriksen is and has always been a professional.

The only issue is he is coming off a minor operation of some kind and we have always seen he takes a few games coming back from injury to get to his best.

A certain set of fans will automatically interpret that as lack of effort or going through the motions.

I dont doubt his professionalism, but I dont think its unfair to question his commitment to the cause.

Its not like he really stepped up last season. If he knows he is off this season I will personally have doubts as to his performances, but I will of course be waiting to see him play and hoping he proves me wrong.

I just don't want to see him drifting around the field, fwightened of injuwing his wittle tootsies, which I would fear being the case if he's already decided he's going on a free next summer. If he does finally commit longer term (looking a big if atm), different story.

If none of the clubs he fancies want him does he have the mentality to go out there and prove them wrong?
I don't see it to be honest. I hope he does obviously as we would benefit greatly, just can't see it.

But couldn’t that also be because the rest of the team were down a level too

Sissoko was our stand out player and he is technically poor which says how we played

Possibly. We cant know for sure.

If he hits form this coming season, then we can maybe assume you are right. If he doesnt, it might point to a deeper issue behind it.

Either way, I can only say I was disappointed in him last season. And I hope that doesnt continue (if he stays, of course)

Back