• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I do agree 400% that our midfield was pretty awful last year and Ndombele will make a massive difference but again what if he doesn't quite hit the ground running or suffers and injury. We are back to the cumbersome centre midifeld we struggled with last year. As I said in anothr thread in an ideal world we would sign GLC and keep Eriksen because quality CM/ACM is what this team needs to take the step up.

Too many Spurs fans only want to look at the positives and not the complete picture. We just about qualified for the CL because Arsenal bottled it. That was because of the weak squad depth that suffered due to the WC. But the WC was not a surprise we knew the timing of it before the season started we knew which of our players would be playing. It is poor planning to say the WC affected us despite knowing that it was very very possible.

I think even a sub par NDombele is still an improvement. I think Winks, after last year, is set for a big season. I think, possibly, Skipp could be set to break through. I think we really missed Dier and hope he is over his injury woes soon.

I think, without any more buys, we are still improved on last year. And I reiterate, I REALLY do think CM was the root of almost all our troubles last year. Getting that functioning "well", not even 100%, will see significant improvement in the performance of the entire team, IMO.

Bigger picture? I agree with you that reinforcement would be amazing, and ideal. I only disagree that failing to do so (yet to happen) would be a disaster.

Bigger picture? We had last season a catalogue of issues, injuries, impediments that were virtually strategic in their timing and execution.

Bigger picture? Arsenal had no such excuses as us, and still performed worse than we did.

Id be confident of finishing comfortably ahead of them this season as a result.

I know, crazy as it may be - and bear with me here, give it a minute to digest before responding - but thats exactly what Im saying.

Having our players actually rested, and prepared for the season, is indeed a positive thing! :eek:

And last season is argue having every single first team player other than Toby injured at one point or another hurt us badly...

And do course the route of some of those injuries could have been the lack of rest or pre season

How can you say Eriksen has said he doesn't want to leave when he has, and yet claim poch wants to leave because he has a go at the press?

Dude, what are you talking about? Seriously, have you been on the sherry again? You just quoted my post, now go and reread the second and third sentences of that post and get back to me.

@glasgowspur serious question for you, what the fudge are you talking about? When have I ever claimed Poch wants to leave? Come to think of it when did I accuse Poch of having a go at the press? Seriously, what have you been smoking?

Are the same posters that have a go at people for defending poch the same ones that see Eriksen as the messiah that can do no wrong?

I swear one of us must be living in an alternate reality. WTF?

The first paragraph of my post was:

The thing is Eriksen has not indicated he does not want to move, on the contrary at the beginning of the summer, indeed some rumours say before the CL final, he actually told management it was time to move on. The problem with Eriksen is not that he does not want to move but rather there has not been a bid for him.

And in response you posted:

How can you say Eriksen has said he doesn't want to leave when he has, and yet claim poch wants to leave because he has a go at the press?

Are the same posters that have a go at people for defending poch the same ones that see Eriksen as the messiah that can do no wrong?

@glasgowspur this is what is known as a breakdown in communication. I presume you just misread my post? These things happen :D

In all the time I have been on this forum I have never even remotely hinted that Poch wants to leave because he had a go at the press. Come to think of it I have never even accused Poch of having a go at the press. Note also I have never had a go at anyone for defending Poch nor have I ever said Eriksen is the messiah. I really think you must have got me confused with somebody else

The first paragraph of my post was:

The thing is Eriksen has not indicated he does not want to move, on the contrary at the beginning of the summer, indeed some rumours say before the CL final, he actually told management it was time to move on. The problem with Eriksen is not that he does not want to move but rather there has not been a bid for him.

And in response you posted:

@glasgowspur this is what is known as a breakdown in communication. I presume you just misread my post? These things happen :D

In all the time I have been on this forum I have never even remotely hinted that Poch wants to leave because he had a go at the press. Come to think of it I have never even accused Poch of having a go at the press. Note also I have never had a go at anyone for defending Poch nor have I ever said Eriksen is the messiah. I really think you must have got me confused with somebody else

Sorry, because your avatar is similar, and I'm a lazy barsteward, I thought you were some one else :oops:.
Apologies:(

Our special relationship with RM means that they can buy him once out window closes and we can’t get a replacement
They actually put in the fine print that he can go on a free. Our special relationship is as reciprocal and respectful as the UK's with the USA.

GONE

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/tottenham-determined-to-sign-bruno-fernandes-or-giovani-lo-celso-before-transfer-deadline-a4204031.html

Expectation is fading that Eriksen, who scored in Wednesday’s friendly against Bayern Munich, will agree a new contract — which has one year left to run — despite the offer of a lucrative deal that would make him one of Tottenham’s best-paid players.

The 27-year-old has said he wants a “new challenge” and is interested in joining a title challenger in Spain, although he has made it clear he will remain at Spurs if the right club does not make an offer.

Spanish clubs have until August 31 to sign players and Spurs are conscious that they may have to sell Eriksen after Thursday’s deadline, rather than risk losing him for nothing next summer.

I don't really get the motivation issue everyone is suggesting.
If he's trying to get a top move he should be trying to play as well as he can. Okay he might not want to get injured but he's always pulled out of tackles.
I can't see Levy not trying to sell him for 50-60m if does sign a new contract in the next few weeks.

Maybe he's already signed an extension, but Levy is holding the announcement back for next Friday to save himself when the Celso and Sessegnon transfers collapse on deadline day?

I'm not surprised that this situation hasn't come too a resolution but get there's a lot of factors. i don't think we can get a like for like replacement but the thing is so often we've needed actual competition for him, to me at least it's been a pretty clear question mark in the squad for a while and time's bizarrely kept on ticking as it does re the contract situation

Perhaps every possible outcome has been done to death here, but losing him on a free just feels sickening but replacing him for no profit for someone like Lo Celso doesn't seem great either. It's hard to see how the squad comes out stronger from this window but very much hope there's some positive movement by close of business.

I have no issue with whether he stays or whether he goes. Like you say though we have needed competition for him, Lamela should have been that player but he hasn't been able to offer that competition consistently.

Whether we keep him or he goes we should be adding the quality Poch wants to the squad. Lo Celso is apparently one of the players Poch wants so let's get him or if we can't afford him move on and get someone else. This bartering till deadline day from levy does my head in and for all he is lauded I personally he's a failure at it with the amount of times he has screwed over the team and manager with his shenanigans.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Well, Levy's always been fond of rubbing others' noses in the "logic" of a situation; he can hardly complain when he gets a taste of his own medicine.

Maybe he's already signed an extension, but Levy is holding the announcement back for next Friday to save himself when the Celso and Sessegnon transfers collapse on deadline day?

Nah.
You know he won’t sign it.
It is why I think it is wholly possible that we will sign both Lo Celso and Fernandes. Levy will know that his refusal to sign means a free next summer and possible stroll up to Eastlands beyond our control. He will be forced to sell for whatever he can get. The ONLY issue remaining will be whether Eriksen wants to be sold this window or wait and take the payday...

...one of the worst things I saw in that Sunderland Netflix doc was Rodwell refusing to leave and sticking around for the cash. This is a different circumstance but would constitute a similar issue as Eriksen would be taking up squad space/wages/etc.

If we can get Wanyama out the door that is good news squad wise, if Onomah follows ditto. It really is a numbers game right now IMO. And Levy has to gamble one way or another with Eriksen.

It is a tough spot. I suspect Poch is very disappointed with Eriksen TBH.

Back