• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

We should not sell Eriksen to Utd, he will make them better team and with the likes of Maguire and Wan Bissaka would make them a threat.

If we sold him to Utd that would be massive. There would be a lot of scrutiny over the move, and whether or not we fudged up in doing so.

How would he do at Utd? Honestly Im unsure.

He is of course an excellent player, but he would be going into a team in transition with a lot of issues.

Is he a player to make them better? Pull it all together? Make them tick? Potentially. Or, is he a player to get lost in all the noise and not really impact their game consistently?

Matic has no legs behind him, McTomminay looks ok for a youth player but is hardly going to set the world alight. Id expect Mata to end up under Eriksens feet. With Martial and Rashford to try and find with passes, and Linguard doing who knows what?!

Theres the interesting nature of players just not looking that good once they leave Poch. I have no doubt as to Eriksens quality, but I do wonder if the same might apply to him? He has been really blessed as one of the main beneficiaries of a very stable set up the last 5 years...

WE'll miss Christian badly if he goes. If he's goes without being replaced I'm not sure who gets us those extra 4-6 points he got us last year while trying to break teams down, not to mention assists. He wants to go, but it hasn't worked out the way he planned. Do a deal with him that gets us all another year. Add Sessegnon and a right back, and were stronger than last year.

I went yesterday and agree he's not looking great but I think he's had a bit of a kicking from the Pirlo criticisms of his final performance to the position on the list madrid have him at, things been a bit brick for him recently. Wake-up call for him. Can't stand the idea of him at united

Ask yourself should the club pay 50m to have Eriksen at the club for a season

Nope sell him to wherever he wants to go then.

Better selling him to United this summer for 50m than him going to City, Chelsea, Liverpool or United for free next summer.

It's worth £50m to break the 'small club mentality' cycle.

Send him to the Vincent Janssen dungeon at the training ground and by next summer he'll have offers from Nordsjælland and Midtjylland to choose between

If we sold him to Utd that would be massive. There would be a lot of scrutiny over the move, and whether or not we fudged up in doing so.

How would he do at Utd? Honestly Im unsure.

He is of course an excellent player, but he would be going into a team in transition with a lot of issues.

Is he a player to make them better? Pull it all together? Make them tick? Potentially. Or, is he a player to get lost in all the noise and not really impact their game consistently?

Matic has no legs behind him, McTomminay looks ok for a youth player but is hardly going to set the world alight. Id expect Mata to end up under Eriksens feet. With Martial and Rashford to try and find with passes, and Linguard doing who knows what?!

Theres the interesting nature of players just not looking that good once they leave Poch. I have no doubt as to Eriksens quality, but I do wonder if the same might apply to him? He has been really blessed as one of the main beneficiaries of a very stable set up the last 5 years...

The only way selling him to a English team is acceptable is if the money is used to buy a couple of replacements and ideally we also add Dybala who we know they wanted

Otherwise sell him for less abroad if you can find a buyer

It's worth £50m to break the 'small club meteorology' cycle.

Send him to the Vincent Janssen dungeon at the training ground and by next summer he'll have offers from Nordsjælland and Midtjylland to choose between

I doubt a club as cash poor as we are can simply afford to tinkle away £50 down the drain, especially as we are struggling to raise money for new players.

Last edited:
The only way selling him to a English team is acceptable is if the money is used to buy a couple of replacements and ideally we also add Dybala who we know they wanted

Otherwise sell him for less abroad if you can find a buyer

We might have limited options.

While I'd much prefer to sell him abroad, so long as we end up better off after I can live with him going domestically

If United are the only team in for him this summer and he'd rather go there than sign a new deal then that's what has to happen - as Modric says above you wouldn't pay 50m to have him on loan for a year.

If he goes i hope we have something like Lo Celso AND Fernandez lined up as incomings

I don't think either man u, Chelsea or arsenal are in a position to be consistent CL qualifiers over the next few years.
Signing Eriksen isn't going to change that.
And if they lose pogba and have to sign Eriksen it's going to cost them.

I doubt a club as cash poor as we are can simply afford to tinkle away £50 down the drain, especially as we are struggling to raise money for new players.
He cost £11m. 6 years ago

CL qualification, which we only just beat united to is worth what - £90m odd?

Context, context and context

Back