• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I also think Eriksen is a much better player than Lamela overall but whether he's as creative I'm not convinced.

Two of Lamela's seven assists were from corners - vs QPR(h) and Villa(a). 2299 minutes played.

One of Eriksen's two assists was from a corner - Swansea(a). 3129 minutes played.
FWIW... dunno whether it helps to prove who's the more creative though...

16ibdci.jpg

FWIW... dunno whether it helps to prove who's the more creative though...

16ibdci.jpg

Maybe I'm the one being stupid but I just can understand how Labelle gets compared to some quality players like Erisken for example

The guys has not done anything to merit that comparison and should be compared more to Townsend

If we were to even contemplate selling Erickson id expect Levy head on a stake

Were crying out for flair and creativity and erisken is by far and away our best player at that

Maybe I'm the one being stupid but I just can understand how Labelle gets compared to some quality players like Erisken for example

The guys has not done anything to merit that comparison and should be compared more to Townsend

Were crying out for flair and creativity and erisken is by far and away our best player at that

Well there were rumours that we rejected the approach from Juventus. I'm with you that I just cannot understand the rationale of selling Eriksen. I can't think of any realistic situation where that would be the right decision.

Well there were rumours that we rejected the approach from Juventus. I'm with you that I just cannot understand the rationale of selling Eriksen. I can't think of any realistic situation where that would be the right decision.

if someone wants to pay for the stadium outright then id sell him

The guy did more last season than Ozil for example who costs £42m and is way more experienced

I don't think any attacking midfielder other than Sánchez and Hazard (£32M plus bracket) and Chadli got anywhere near to Erisken stats

What did happen were his performances tailed off for the last 10 games but that could have been fatigue, injuries etc..

if someone wants to pay for the stadium outright then id sell him

The guy did more last season than Ozil for example who costs £42m and is way more experienced

I don't think any attacking midfielder other than Sánchez and Hazard (£32M plus bracket) and Chadli got anywhere near to Erisken stats

What did happen were his performances tailed off for the last 10 games but that could have been fatigue, injuries etc..

Couldn't agree with you more. He does have things to work on but again he's young and not nearly reaching his peak.

It's ridiculous.

We have 2 players with any sort or creative ability and we want to sell one?!

We are dull and predictable enough as it is, let's make us completely unwatchable by flogging Christian.

I think he will be off anyway, I don't think he is happy with the tactics after his comments and he should be playing in the cl

Lamela is a good player, just not suited to this league - it happens.

Eh?? What comments are you talking about??

Totally agree.

I think the only reason he is compared with Eriksen is because Eriksen is widely thought (although I'm not so sure how wide now!) to be a successful player and therefore something that Lamela should aspire to emulate.

Are you saying that lamela is of more use to us than Eriksen?

No, I already said I think Eriksen's the much better player overall but when it comes to those lock picking passes that typical #10s like Silva and Ozil come up with on a regular basis then I haven't seen much evidence that Eriksen's got that in his locker whereas Lamela has shown he has. I am/was a big fan of Eriksen but he hasn't been impacting games for a while and I expect him to continue struggling while he's still used in the #10 role. He deserves a little more leeway than others because of what he's done in the past but he can't get a free pass for life like Vertonghen seems to get, he has one (unintentional) goal in his last 20 games, that's the same as Dier, Mason, Dembele, Lamela and less than Rose.

No, I already said I think Eriksen's the much better player overall but when it comes to those lock picking passes that typical #10s like Silva and Ozil come up with on a regular basis then I haven't seen much evidence that Eriksen's got that in his locker whereas Lamela has shown he has. I am/was a big fan of Eriksen but he hasn't been impacting games for a while and I expect him to continue struggling while he's still used in the #10 role. He deserves a little more leeway than others because of what he's done in the past but he can't get a free pass for life like Vertonghen seems to get, he has one (unintentional) goal in his last 20 games, that's the same as Dier, Mason, Dembele, Lamela and less than Rose.
I think he does have it, we just don't take advantage of it. Harry drops deep to often, especially if Chadli makes a run into the box. I the other wing neither lamella or andros gets into the box. So he has one target to hit. More importantly the defenders have only one pass to block. Almost all our movement is across the pitch tryin to drag defenders out to make room. The defenders don't need to move with them, they keep their shape and it's difficult to pick holes.

Maybe, but he wouldn't be starting for any of them. Not even for Liverpool.

really... I disagree and think that the fact that he scores more goals than of their midfielders whilst also covering more ground would work in his favour

compare him with Mata for example who we all rate highly yet isn't as effective as erisken as shown over the last two seasons

As for Liverpool for me he would get in behind Benteke in that group no problems as none of them get near him IMO

I think he does have it, we just don't take advantage of it. Harry drops deep to often, especially if Chadli makes a run into the box. I the other wing neither lamella or andros gets into the box. So he has one target to hit. More importantly the defenders have only one pass to block. Almost all our movement is across the pitch tryin to drag defenders out to make room. The defenders don't need to move with them, they keep their shape and it's difficult to pick holes.

Agree with this, its no use some saying he does not complete side rule/ lock picking passes if there are no runners into the space for him to do so.

We have far to many players who ball watch and this allows the opposing players to close out Eriksen.

Liverpool finished below us last time I checked ;)

Can't see him starting for any of the Top 4 atm if I'm honest, has the potential to step up to that level though - needs to be more consistent with his contributions for that to happen.

Harry drops deep to often, especially if Chadli makes a run into the box.
Imagine if Harry stayed in the box and big Chadli joined him and Alli was coming from deep... all over 6 foot tall, all decent finishers... and our right winger was putting balls across the box, either pull backs or crosses or pinged with pace... Trippier for example.

But no... what happens is Lamela or Dembele or whomever slalom infield beating a man, beating another and running into 17 others... whilst Harry, Chadli and Alli look dispirited and start the long walk back up the pitch.

Because Lamela is better at playing the slide rule pass?

All of our players have to raise their game Eriksen is no different, but as I keep saying, he's right at the bottom of our list of worries with Kane and Lloris. Lamela is at the other end of the spectrum.

Back